Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I guess it doesn't matter how long you've been married per the other people who have responded but for what it's worth we are newlyweds but we have been together for almost six years which was made very clear (with lots of proof) in our application.

If your app was received on Feb 25th, as long as all is complete and in order it looks like you should expect something in about 2 weeks since the average time has been 39 days to AOR for outland Feb applicants so far. Good luck! Hope you see it soon. It's nice to at least get that acknowledgement that they have it and are working on it. :)
Yup i think what makes it the worse is to rely on Canada post and to have no news for like 35-40 days that YES we have and gonna put feedback soon.

Reactions: Lee&Stacey

Shannar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Once my wife is done with her medicals, Do i need to update it somewhere or is CIC automatically informed about it. I remember that they had asked me to upload the emedical in express entry when i was applying but not aware how it works in a spousal application.

Thanks for your update guys
I did my medical this morning I got a receipt to email to the VO which i did

Shannar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
I got MR, SA and AOR but no biometric request.. I never paid for it upfront so that could be the reason or another reason would be my husband did it a few years back... as per CIC website he would need to do it again but when i check my account online the Biometric information he gave few years back is listed on his account. So, I have no idea what is happening
I'm in the same boat did biometric last April wen I applied for visitors visa I'm wondering if that's the reason why I haven't gotten biometric request

Jeevan Kumar

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Hello Everyone, How can we find out whether we are passed the biometrics or not? I can see my PA details were updated with the date of Enrollment for Biometrics and Date of Expiry. But in the details section, it still says we don't need your biometrics now, we will request when we need it. someone can help me to understand it

waqasmk1

Jun 11, 2018
Hi everyone, quick question. Do we also receive emails for SA or biometric request or its only updated online? All i can see on ECAS is application received on February 13th, no other update and my representative has t recieved any emails. I see other people has received SA and biometric request for applications received for February 13th. I only have AOR number.

Awais_ch

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Hello Everyone, How can we find out whether we are passed the biometrics or not? I can see my PA details were updated with the date of Enrollment for Biometrics and Date of Expiry. But in the details section, it still says we don't need your biometrics now, we will request when we need it. someone can help me to understand it
In application details, it will appear as passed in a day or two after biometrics.

Reactions: Jeevan Kumar

Awais_ch

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Hi everyone, quick question. Do we also receive emails for SA or biometric request or its only updated online? All i can see on ECAS is application received on February 13th, no other update and my representative has t recieved any emails. I see other people has received SA and biometric request for applications received for February 13th. I only have AOR number.
I linked my profile through information in ECAs. I received medical request and Biometrics through my application in CIC account and SA through email.

Awais_ch

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Also, I have another question. in my ECAs it says:
  1. We sent you a letter on March 15, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
What was that for? any idea? Anyone please

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Also, I have another question. in my ECAs it says:
  1. We sent you a letter on March 15, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
What was that for? any idea? Anyone please
Seems like they have something to tell you but can't be done by online directly.

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I guess it doesn't matter how long you've been married per the other people who have responded but for what it's worth we are newlyweds but we have been together for almost six years which was made very clear (with lots of proof) in our application.
The sponsorship part of the application is processed completely separately from the relationship part, which is why @kcward7 said it has no impact. You are being looked at only as an individual in that stage -- i.e. your criminal history, whether you're receiving social assistance, have an undischarged bankruptcy, potential earlier failed undertakings, etc.

Just saying as I don't want anyone to start going down the paranoid path that the relationship has any effect whatsoever on this step! ;)