+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Thank you, I'd still like to find a source for this grace period!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/application-kit-spousal-sponsorship.html

Ottawa, February 14, 2018 – Family reunification is a key immigration priority for the Government of Canada, and we continue to improve our processes and procedures to help families reunite in Canada more quickly and easily.
<...>
If you have been filling out an application using the previous version of the checklists (identified in the bottom left hand corner by version code 10-2017), we will still accept your application using that previous version until March 15, 2018. However, we encourage you to use the new checklist, guides and processes right away.

AlexOT

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/application-kit-spousal-sponsorship.html

Ottawa, February 14, 2018 – Family reunification is a key immigration priority for the Government of Canada, and we continue to improve our processes and procedures to help families reunite in Canada more quickly and easily.
<...>
If you have been filling out an application using the previous version of the checklists (identified in the bottom left hand corner by version code 10-2017), we will still accept your application using that previous version until March 15, 2018. However, we encourage you to use the new checklist, guides and processes right away.
Perfect, good work!

I'll let you know if I have further questions.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hello All,

App Submitted: Dec 05 2018
App Rec: Dec 08 2018
AOR Rec: Feb 06, 2019
Med Req: Feb 09, 2019
Med Done: Feb 15, 2019
Med Passed: Feb 25, 2019
OWP Rec: Feb 28, 2019

We are so happy that everything has gone well so far. Especially last week of Feb when we got 2 emails in a day about the medical pass and OWP been approved! The question I have now is that, can my wife travel to go visit back home if she wants? She does have a multiple entry 5 years visa and now she will have OWP and her Temporary Residency was also approved.

So I'm assuming we would be good?

Also, her initial 6 months stay expired on Dec 21, 2018. Since her TR is approved with OWP, does that mean we do not have to renew or apply for status restoration? Can she just book a flight and leave and come back?

Please advise.
Are you an inland or outland? If you're outland, how did you get OWP?
And just for reference, you're Dec applicant, it's better to move this conversation there :) https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship.600483/page-107

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I've done a bit of math today and I think the result will be interesting for all February applicants.
As you probably now, IRCC is speeding up with handling applications and the time for AORs and SAs is decreasing every month. I've compared some numbers using this file and based on the data from September 2018 to January 2019, I've got the following:

Average time from "Application received by Sydney" to "AOR received" (in days):
Sep 2018: 90
Oct 2018: 82
Nov 2018: 63
Dec 2018: 57
Jan 2019: 49

Average time from "Application received by Sydney" to "SA received" (in days):
Sep 2018: 113
Oct 2018: 102
Nov 2018: 84
Dec 2018: 67
Jan 2019: 54

Average number of days between AOR and SA:
Sep 2018: 23
Oct 2018: 20
Nov 2018: 21
Dec 2018: 10
Jan 2019: 5

Based on all this I can assume, the average time for February applicants will be:
AOR: 41 days
SA: 45 days
That means, we will see the first AOR being received on around March 14, and the first SA on around March 18.

Please note, that is just my assumption based on the data provided by applicants from previous months. It's also based on the assumption that IRCC will keep the same pace for speeding up and will not slow down. Also it's worth noting that there's not much information for January yet, and I just used the first 10 days of January, since all other Jan applicants didn't hear anything from IRCC yet.

jeane_libatin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
I've done a bit of math today and I think the result will be interesting for all February applicants.
As you probably now, IRCC is speeding up with handling applications and the time for AORs and SAs is decreasing every month. I've compared some numbers using this file and based on the data from September 2018 to January 2019, I've got the following:

Average time from "Application received by Sydney" to "AOR received" (in days):
Sep 2018: 90
Oct 2018: 82
Nov 2018: 63
Dec 2018: 57
Jan 2019: 49

Average time from "Application received by Sydney" to "SA received" (in days):
Sep 2018: 113
Oct 2018: 102
Nov 2018: 84
Dec 2018: 67
Jan 2019: 54

Average number of days between AOR and SA:
Sep 2018: 23
Oct 2018: 20
Nov 2018: 21
Dec 2018: 10
Jan 2019: 5

Based on all this I can assume, the average time for February applicants will be:
AOR: 41 days
SA: 45 days
That means, we will see the first AOR being received on around March 14, and the first SA on around March 18.

Please note, that is just my assumption based on the data provided by applicants from previous months. It's also based on the assumption that IRCC will keep the same pace for speeding up and will not slow down. Also it's worth noting that there's not much information for January yet, and I just used the first 10 days of January, since all other Jan applicants didn't hear anything from IRCC yet.
Nice assumption @alaria Hopefully AOR will be raining soon . The waiting period is really stressing esp because there is no any immediate notification after they received our application package.

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
No pressure, I will give it another go tomorrow.

When it comes to these subjects I just prefer facts and links to those facts over hearsay, it might give people false hope in already stressful times!
Alex, I gave here my example with versions of formes used, date sent and AOR received :p
For those who likes facts, I gave a direction. ;) Thanks to @alaria for great job to find info!
Hope these were good examples for you :)

I cannot undestand worries, if forms were updated AFTER application was sent.
Life is stressful, no need for extra worries. Keep calm!;)

adk99

Nov 5, 2018
I was not aware of Feb 14 2019 change in checklist.. I checked it on feb 10 and found no change and send all the documents to Nova Scotia on Feb 27.. I am really scared anow if they will reject the application.. I really worked hard and feel hopeless..

adk99

Nov 5, 2018
Yes Alaria
That post was about last year and I just gave it as an example. For the current changes there was no notification.
Yes I am worried as there has been no notification. I was busy with application that I have missed it.. honestly speaking it was very quick and i missed it by two weeks..

adk99

Nov 5, 2018
Hi Alaria,
Do I need to prepare another package with the same application fee and send to Mississauga with new checklist or I should wait for it to be returned back..

Mrsgee

Feb 26, 2019
hey team,

i am also new here!!! i just read the thread on updated forms and am freaking out as per usual! i submitted my application on the 27th of Feb and it was delivered on the 28th to Sydney NS. i am positive i checked all the forms the night before and they hadnt been updated. when exactly where they updated?? also what year form was there on the website prior to the update for IMM 5532 (sponsorship evaluation)

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Everyone, calm down, don't freak out and don't panic!

For all who applied in February and used the checklist dated "December 2018" and all other forms dated "November 2018", you are fine!

You do not need to send another application and you do not need to call IRCC. Stay calm, be patient and your AOR will come in 1-2 months depending on a date you applied.

Having said that, I cannot guarantee your application (or even mine, since I'm also Feb applicant) will not be returned for any reason. But we can't control it and can't know that in advance. Yes, IRCC officers can be totally incompetent, but it's beyond our control. I can assure all of you, we all used the same forms dated Nov or Dec 2018. None of us used new Feb 2019 forms. You are not alone here.

Amen.