Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Anyone know when the “eligibility” changes on GC. It’s not changed since the start. Still says “we will send you a message once we start reviewing your eligibility”, yet they’ve sent biometrics etc
don't really rely on GC... it's mostly wrong they have tons of issues at pushing updates. Per example, if you got Biometric request BEFORE been linked to GCKEY , you will never see this updated.

Started to have some updates when i've been able to link there , and i got medical request from this interface which now says You have passed the medical exam.

But Biometric still says the same thing since starts so... i guess is the same with other factors.

as of

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The bold one is the only that have changed since start so.

Last edited:

Adeena

May 11, 2019
don't really rely on GC... it's mostly wrong they have tons of issues at pushing updates. Per example, if you got Biometric request BEFORE been linked to GCKEY , you will never see this updated.

Started to have some updates when i've been able to link there , and i got medical request from this interface which now says You have passed the medical exam.

But Biometric still says the same thing since starts so... i guess is the same with other factors.

as of

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Mine is same as yours. Idk if they're actually checking the background or it's just like that from the start

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018

as of

Ok good to know. Did my biometrics yesterday and it’s now been updated in my GC. Waiting for Medical and File Transfer now

albertan2019

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hi everyone, maybe someone here is in the same boat as me, my wife file was transferred from Sidney to BOGOTA VO 2 months ago, biometrics and police cert are done, sponsor approved, but after they transferred the file nothing else happened, anyone here perhaps can tell me local VO process this application quicker or slower than the ones are processed in Canada?

Thank you i advance

Reactions: Sid6767

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Hi everyone, maybe someone here is in the same boat as me, my wife file was transferred from Sidney to BOGOTA VO 2 months ago, biometrics and police cert are done, sponsor approved, but after they transferred the file nothing else happened, anyone here perhaps can tell me local VO process this application quicker or slower than the ones are processed in Canada?

Thank you i advance

local VO are little slow comparing to withing canada :)

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Well... the 4 we have in Feburary so far... the maximum is 100 the 3 others... 89,85,91

and tons of PPR around 80 days which usually get COPR in 10 days after.

So it's not that exceedingly rare i think
That's 4 people. There are tens of thousands of applicants. I have been on these forums for a couple years now - it's rare.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
That's 4 people. There are tens of thousands of applicants. I have been on these forums for a couple years now - it's rare.
Right and all the PPR list ?

Not enough to find a correlation ?

According to me it's not that rare or rules have changed....

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Right and all the PPR list ?

Not enough to find a correlation ?

According to me it's not that rare or rules have changed....
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I am telling you that most applications take longer than that.

A lot of your posts come off entitled - immigrating to Canada is a privilege, it's not a right. As I have already mentioned, I went through this, and it took 11 months. When I applied I was taking someone who was from a visa required country - they were done in 3 months, total. I was shocked because we had a far more straightforward application. I know how hard it is - but you need to stop constantly comparing to applications that are processed quickly. The target is 12 months, anything less than that, be grateful.

bruceg

Dec 27, 2018
Question for the hive - I have a US Green Card (Canadian citizen), as my US husband and I lived there for 2 years before I came back to Canada to work. He just received his PPR for Canadian PR and will be moving here in the next month or so. Do I need to surrender my US Green Card? Anyone have a similar situation?
Apples and Kangaroos :D The two are completely independent processes. Note that there are requirements for you to maintain your green card status in the US if you choose to (as your husband will have for PR) - it should be possible to do both if you wish.