+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Hey, Can someone please tell me if it's ok to travel around Asia for 1 month around the time of possible PPR, if i was to get PPR while travelling is it easy enough to send the documents, i am from visa exempt country so would only need to send photo copy of passport and 2 PR photos which i could get just before i leave for my travels, plus the forms they require to send.
yes you can there won’t be any problem :)

samijade14

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
27-03-2019
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
29-01-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
yes you can there won’t be any problem :)
what about if i receive ppr while in asia? i am supposed to be landing in canada after asia as a visitor, would i need the return envelope to have the address in canada? and change my address before i leave australia to Canadian address?

Shannar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Did you get bio request
Nope. It still saying biometrics not needed. Altho I know bio is needed for PPR I'm wondering if they using my current 1 as it expires may 2020 given that I had applied for visitors visa last may may did bio then

jennysmith

Jan 16, 2019
App. Filed.......
01-03-2019
AOR Received.
04-03-2019
Med's Request
01-08-2019
Med's Done....
12-08-2019
Nope. It still saying biometrics not needed. Altho I know bio is needed for PPR I'm wondering if they using my current 1 as it expires may 2020 given that I had applied for visitors visa last may may did bio then
My spouse got a bio request even though he already has one that is less than 6 months old and not expired. Expect to do a bio test again.

jennysmith

Jan 16, 2019
App. Filed.......
01-03-2019
AOR Received.
04-03-2019
Med's Request
01-08-2019
Med's Done....
12-08-2019
Hello everyone.

This is a thread for all the applications being submitted in February. Please add your timeline when you come in:
PA (primary applicant) Country
AOR1: Acknowledgment of Receipt (email saying they have your app) (generally first sent to sponsor and takes 3-4 months)
MR: Medical Request
SA:Sponsorship Approval
Medical passed
MIDI - CSQ: Ministry of Immigration, Diversity, and Inclusion - The Quebec Selection Certificate/certificat de sélection du Québec. (Quebec Only)
CSQ received (Quebec Only)
CSQ AOR (Quebec Only)
AOR2: Acknowledgment of Receipt at VO (Visa office of PA)
CSQ approval (Quebec Only)
BGC: Background check in Process
DM: Decision made
PPR: Passport Request
COPR ISSUED: Confirmation of Permanent Residence (document you recieve when you become a PR)
LANDED: Well you can imagine what this means

Fundamentally, I don't understand why there are 2 digital points of entry. Why do you login to one system vs the other? Or do you check both?

1. IRCC Online Account ( MyCIC / GCKey) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
2. ECAS https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Marcy1

Oct 28, 2018
I believe that is why. As long as it's in that one year period you won't need on.

Marcy1

Oct 28, 2018
My spouse got a bio request even though he already has one that is less than 6 months old and not expired. Expect to do a bio test again.
I haven't heard anything it been a month . Cant even get on my gckey tried everything I going to call the number they have if your having trouble logging on

Waggles88

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Fundamentally, I don't understand why there are 2 digital points of entry. Why do you login to one system vs the other? Or do you check both?

1. IRCC Online Account ( MyCIC / GCKey) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
2. ECAS https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
I check both but find ECAS more useful for advising what is actioned.
GCKey I find valuable for receiving any emails/advice.
Eg. ECAS tells me I have DM but GCKey hasn’t been updated since my medical.

Marcy1

Oct 28, 2018
I check both but find ECAS more useful for advising what is actioned.
GCKey I find valuable for receiving any emails/advice.
Eg. ECAS tells me I have DM but GCKey hasn’t been updated since my medical.
My ecas has been updated since my medical either. My husband application is at Kingston VO since April 26. Just going to wait I know God is with us. It's just a waiting game. Just hope they are doing backbackgr check. Still haven't got request to do bio.

tranSASK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Hey guys! Im new here
Application received -march 15 2019
After that medicals done,SA,file transfer to mississauga, medical results received,got biometric instruction nd that too done...
What is the next step after this?
If you are done all of them , next one should be PR , they might ask you additional documents and that depends on your file . Good luck !

candyboop

Apr 18, 2019
Hello, does anyone here has same situation as mine? Biometrics done May 17, until now there is no update in my GCKEY for my Biometric details and it still says "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details" When will it be updated? I've seen most applicants their GCKEY is updated with their Biometrics details same day it was taken..

I am currently residing in Malaysia where I took my Biometrics
My home country is Philippines
My Application was forwarded to CPC-Mississauga last April 10.

Last edited:

quiziah

Mar 13, 2019
Phili
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-02-2019
Hello, does anyone here has same situation as mine? Biometrics done May 17, until now there is no update in my GCKEY for my Biometric details and it still says "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details" When will it be updated? I've seen most applicants their GCKEY is updated with their Biometrics details same day it was taken..

I am currently residing in Malaysia where I took my Biometrics
My home country is Philippines
My Application was forwarded to CPC-Mississauga last April 10.
My Biometrics was last March 31, got my biometric done in cebu, Phil. Same details as you.

Shannar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
My ecas has been updated since my medical either. My husband application is at Kingston VO since April 26. Just going to wait I know God is with us. It's just a waiting game. Just hope they are doing backbackgr check. Still haven't got request to do bio.
Samething for me. I'm jus grateful that in so little time alot of things is already completed

SRB_2019Jan

May 3, 2019
A quick question.
Did anyone submit original birth certificate?
I submitted a copy for my wife. Since it was a late registration, we also had to submit her Class V and X marksheets as additional proof of birth dates. All copies need to be notorised.