+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Shrey_19

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
Hi All,

In spreadsheet under column of " PA visa office" ,many applicant mentioned Sysdne,Nova Scotia but it should be PA' s current residence visa office.

Kindly correct it so that all get correct information.

vaudsama

Feb 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm a bit confused, it might be an error, but I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. Our application was sent to Sydney and it was delivered at the PO Box at 9:52am on the 27th of February. However, I check again today (just to see that lovely delivered notice) and it now says that at 1:58pm on the 1st of March, it is being processed in Richmond BC. Could this be a mistake? Why would our application end up in BC if we are applying with the intention to settle in Ontario?

I appreciate any feedback you can give!

Thanks!

AlexOT

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm a bit confused, it might be an error, but I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. Our application was sent to Sydney and it was delivered at the PO Box at 9:52am on the 27th of February. However, I check again today (just to see that lovely delivered notice) and it now says that at 1:58pm on the 1st of March, it is being processed in Richmond BC. Could this be a mistake? Why would our application end up in BC if we are applying with the intention to settle in Ontario?

I appreciate any feedback you can give!

Thanks!
No need to worry, I am settling in QC and they process our application in Nova Scotia!

vaudsama

Feb 23, 2019
No need to worry, I am settling in QC and they process our application in Nova Scotia!
We sent ours to Sydney, Nova Scotia too (as we were meant to as we are applying from the UK), and it arrived there but has seemed to be sent on- unless this is an error on the Canada Post website.

AlexOT

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
We sent ours to Sydney, Nova Scotia too (as we were meant to as we are applying from the UK), and it arrived there but has seemed to be sent on- unless this is an error on the Canada Post website.
You used Canada Post express?

I suggest you contact Canada Post by mail and have them confirm they sent it to the address you specified (Sydney, Nova Scotia)!

If yes, try to contact IRCC why your application was forwarded or misdelivered. I will dig around if this happened before.

We sent it to Sydney, Nova Scotia with Canada Post express and it was confirmed to have been delivered there.

Reactions: angelyohann

vaudsama

Feb 23, 2019
You used Canada Post express?

I suggest you contact Canada Post by mail and have them confirm they sent it to the address you specified (Sydney, Nova Scotia)!

If yes, try to contact IRCC why your application was forwarded or misdelivered. I will dig around if this happened before.

We sent it to Sydney, Nova Scotia with Canada Post express and it was confirmed to have been delivered there.
Thanks so much for looking into this! We sent it tracked from the UK, and once it arrived in Canada it went with Canada Post (though I am not sure that it was express). It states the following:

Mar. 1 1:58pm Item Processed
Richmond BC

Before that it had stated:

Feb. 27 9:52 am Signature available
Download delivery confirmation

9:52 am Delivered
Sydney, NS

I am hoping it is just an error as it was clearly delivered and states it was delivered on the 27th (on the progress bar) and I cannot fathom why it would be sent from the delivery destination onward to BC!

AlexOT

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Thanks so much for looking into this! We sent it tracked from the UK, and once it arrived in Canada it went with Canada Post (though I am not sure that it was express). It states the following:

Mar. 1 1:58pm Item Processed
Richmond BC

Before that it had stated:

Feb. 27 9:52 am Signature available
Download delivery confirmation

9:52 am Delivered
Sydney, NS

I am hoping it is just an error as it was clearly delivered and states it was delivered on the 27th (on the progress bar) and I cannot fathom why it would be sent from the delivery destination onward to BC!
I found that Richmond, BC processes international parcels and there are a lot of examples online of people's shipments moving cross country before being delivered in (for example) Ontario or in our case Nova Scotia.

The only thing that doesn't add up in your timeline is the dates. If it would be in BC on Feb 27th, then delivered in Sydney, NS Mar 1st, it would make sense (except a waste of gas).

Maybe wait for Monday (Canada Post only operates weekdays) to check with CP to confirm your package is where it should be!

A few questions:

- Did you check with the UK mail company you used?

- Did you receive a Canadian tracking number and are you able to completely follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=learn_what_track_too&cattype=kb&cat=receiving&subcat=tracking

I personally mailed loads from The Netherlands to QC and to be honest, tracking over there from Europe was always near impossible. Sometimes we had some delay, but everything always arrived. Hope that is of some comfort to you!

My wife used to work at Canada Post and is relentless ;) , so as a last resort I might ask her for help!

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
I found that Richmond, BC processes international parcels and there are a lot of examples online of people's shipments moving cross country before being delivered in (for example) Ontario or in our case Nova Scotia.

The only thing that doesn't add up in your timeline is the dates. If it would be in BC on Feb 27th, then delivered in Sydney, NS Mar 1st, it would make sense (except a waste of gas).

Maybe wait for Monday (Canada Post only operates weekdays) to check with CP to confirm your package is where it should be!

A few questions:

- Did you receive a Canadian tracking number and are you able to completely follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=learn_what_track_too&cattype=kb&cat=receiving&subcat=tracking

I personally mailed loads from The Netherlands to QC and to be honest, tracking over there from Europe was always near impossible. Sometimes we had some delay, but everything always arrived. Hope that is of some comfort to you!

My wife used to work at Canada Post and is relentless ;) , so as a last resort I might ask her for help!
I had the same issue posting via Royal Mail international tracked and signed, it tracked till it left Heathrow and then went dark till it arrived in Sydney around 18 days later... I'll never send with them again, I'll go with a proper courier with full international tracking and their own customs at point of destination.

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
By looking on the January spreadsheet, once AOR1 is through, SA comes through very fast after. Excited that we’re now in March! Hopefully will hear some news this month :)

Reactions: svilli

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I had the same issue posting via Royal Mail international tracked and signed, it tracked till it left Heathrow and then went dark till it arrived in Sydney around 18 days later... I'll never send with them again, I'll go with a proper courier with full international tracking and their own customs at point of destination.
@JoshC , @vaudsama , Just out of curiosity, why do you guys use regular postal services instead of something reliable and fast, such as DHL, UPS, FedEx when sending such important packages as for sponsorship?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoshC

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
@JoshC , @vaudsama , Just out of curiosity, why do you guys use regular postal services instead of something reliable and fast, such DHL, UPS, FedEx when sending such important packages as for sponsorship?
Back at the start of this, I was just happy to have completed my application and naively walked into my local post office thinking I could send it via Parcelforce... I was after all, just excited to be done and so happy to send it off and get this process started.

Unfortunately, the actual desk had closed (it should have been open still), so I used the desk for Royal Mail and the guy said International tracked and signed was fully trackable in Canada and has a signature upon receipt.

As soon as got home I instantly regretted it as I found out it goes via Canada post and they'd just started striking, cue 18 days of frantically calling customer service teams and anxiety/stress. In the end, it got there, but it seems that the only thing I didn't read up on whilst completing the application was the best way to send it. :p

Anyway, lesson learned, don't rush, send it with someone reliable with a full tracking service and customs in the country you're sending it to, such as DHL or Fedex...

Reactions: alaria and svilli

vaudsama

Feb 23, 2019

A few questions:

Exactly my thoughts. Seems like a very odd thing to occur, and I wonder if they simply clicked a wrong button of some kind as it is clearly marked as delivered.

I did attempt to get in touch with Canada Post, but as you say it only operates during weekdays. So I will do so properly on Monday.

I have been able to track the package every step of the way from its travel through the UK to its original arrival in Canada in Montreal.

I've mailed loads home to my family as well and never had an issue, but I'm just nervous is all. Blah. I'll have to make some calls Monday!

vaudsama

Feb 23, 2019
@JoshC , @vaudsama , Just out of curiosity, why do you guys use regular postal services instead of something reliable and fast, such DHL, UPS, FedEx when sending such important packages as for sponsorship?
As I am a Canadian citizen, I have mailed countless things home to my family and never had an issue. As a result I simply chose to use a method I knew had worked for me in the past. Seemed self explanatory.

Reactions: alaria

jeane_libatin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi. New here. Submitted my application on Feb 4,arrived on Feb 8 to processing centre in Sydney. Noticed that they updated some forms and changed the mailing address as well just recently. Anyone with idea when was the update happened? Will it cause for my application to be return? And also regarding biometrics, I was a bit careless not to notice that my husband needs a biometrics, not able to pay and include it in my application. Any thoughts on this? TIA.

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Hi. New here. Submitted my application on Feb 4,arrived on Feb 8 to processing centre in Sydney. Noticed that they updated some forms and changed the mailing address as well just recently. Anyone with idea when was the update happened? Will it cause for my application to be return? And also regarding biometrics, I was a bit careless not to notice that my husband needs a biometrics, not able to pay and include it in my application. Any thoughts on this? TIA.
Hi!
Which forms do you mean? Last update I remember was in November
We can compare address if you want.

As for biometrics, if you didn't pay for it dont't worry. You will be asked for if needed/

Last edited:
Reactions: JoshC