+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi all - just wondering if anyone might be in the same boat as us...

In April, we got notice that the app been transferred to Sydney, Australia and shortly after that an FBI background check was requested (my partner worked in the US for a few summers). The letter said the FBI document must be received within 30 days and failure to do so could result in the refusal of our application. It was a bit of a tight timeline with a 2 week wait to get his fingerprints done and Easter holidays were in there. Anyways, we received it online, printed and mailed it to the Sydney office last week just within the 30 day timeline. My worry is that we haven’t heard anything back though...nothing to say they have received it.

It’s now past the 30 days and still nothing so we also emailed it to the office. Still haven’t heard back though?

I’m just nervous something has gone wrong. Does anyone know if they need the original certificate not just the one from FBIs online service? The original is being mailed from USA to Australia and hasn’t arrived yet.

Am I panicking over nothing and its normal to not hear anything when requested document is sent?

Thanks teamfor any help/support!
Its normal not to hear anything after documents are sent.

Reactions: Kelsham

SYEDM990

May 16, 2019
Greetings. Below is my time line can any one tell me how long it will take from this stage till getting request for passport submission.

1. We received application for permanent residence on September 7, 2018.
  2. We sent correspondence on December 20, 2018. If has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have do so as soon as possible. Please wait until receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. We sent a letter on February 5, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent medical instructions on February 19, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent correspondence acknowledging receipt application(s) on March 8, 2019.
  7. We started processing application on March 8, 2019.
On march 8 i got an email from london office that they are started working on my application but its been more than 2 months no updates. Over the cic web site its shows in process. Can any one tell me how long it will take from this point untill get PR.

Shannar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Greetings. Below is my time line can any one tell me how long it will take from this stage till getting request for passport submission.

1. We received application for permanent residence on September 7, 2018.
  2. We sent correspondence on December 20, 2018. If has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have do so as soon as possible. Please wait until receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. We sent a letter on February 5, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent medical instructions on February 19, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent correspondence acknowledging receipt application(s) on March 8, 2019.
  7. We started processing application on March 8, 2019.
On march 8 i got an email from london office that they are started working on my application but its been more than 2 months no updates. Over the cic web site its shows in process. Can any one tell me how long it will take from this point untill get PR.
12 months entire process keep fingers crossed it takes less time

Awais_ch

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Has any Pakistani applicant on tracker tried calling CIC to know if their file has been moved to any visa office yet?
I called, they said that we are working on your application here in Sydney and they will transfer afterwards and from there it will be quicker, but no update. It has been more than 2 months for me after SA.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I called, they said that we are working on your application here in Sydney and they will transfer afterwards and from there it will be quicker, but no update. It has been more than 2 months for me after SA.
Lol is the same answer for everyone which means nothing unless take your pain in patience.

Waggles88

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your timeline? I am a feb 22 applicant too
Thanks and sure.

PA- Australian
Sponsor- Canadian living in Australia

App Received February 22
AOR1 March 28
Bio Request. March 29
Med Request. March 30
SA March 31
Bio Completed April 2
Med Completed April 3
Med Passed. April 7
Visa Office (Miss) April 11
PPR May 17

Klint

May 17, 2019
Thanks and sure.

PA- Australian
Sponsor- Canadian living in Australia

App Received February 22
AOR1 March 28
Bio Request. March 29
Med Request. March 30
SA March 31
Bio Completed April 2
Med Completed April 3
Med Passed. April 7
Visa Office (Miss) April 11
PPR May 17
We have exactly the same timeline except i havent received my ppr. I wonder why.

Waggles88

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Except those too lol. Canadian and wife living in philippines. Did you or your wife get the email? Was there any changes in your ecas?
Just the additional “we started processing....” line appeared on PA side in ECAS.

Little further info on PA, I lived in Canada for four years on a working holiday permit where I met my wife. Visa was expiring so we both moved over here (Aus) last year while we got our application together and the application was being processed.
I don’t really know but I imagine that helped speed up background checks...

jokebreath

May 17, 2019
I have a question, my wife and I are living in the US about to move to Quebec in a month. She's a Canadian citizen sponsoring me. I'm trying to figure out the quickest way for me to be able to work in Canada and I'm really confused about timelines. Would it be quicker for us to apply for outland sponsorship right now due to the quicker processing time or would it be quicker for us to wait until we're in Quebec and apply inland where I'd be able to apply for an OWP at the same time? Thanks for your help!

Klint

May 17, 2019
Just the additional “we started processing....” line appeared on PA side in ECAS.

Little further info on PA, I lived in Canada for four years on a working holiday permit where I met my wife. Visa was expiring so we both moved over here (Aus) last year while we got our application together and the application was being processed.
I don’t really know but I imagine that helped speed up background checks...
I see. Thanks for the infos. I guess i have to wait a little longer. I’m just worried cause i haven’t heard anything since file was transfered to MISS.