+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

jasid2507

Jul 26, 2019
Hi All, is it possible to cancel a Work Permit Application that was sent in with the Family Sponsorship forms? The PR appointment has already come in and the Work Permit department just wants more money in return. Also, can I get a refund?

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
My partner called them up this afternoon. They said there is nothing to do if we don't get any requests from them except to wait. But she did say it should move very fast from now though... but if you've already been waiting 1.5 months, who knows. I feel like they've forgotten all of us from QC. I was worried I'd get requests for proof of cohabitation because we sent in everything we had already, hopefully if I haven't gotten a request until now, I won't.
I know this stage sucks but all we have to do is wait. I am trying to check status of people from previous month Dec 2018. But didnt get much time to enquire.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Did you submit your proof of cohabitation by webform or your CIC account?
I am 14th Feb, I had a request for proof of cohabitation but I got the invitation to the interview last week.
In my case, I submitted it by web form and CIC account twice. And I sent message CIC to get confirmation that.
Just in case. You know.
After then I got a response from CIC, my additional document status was changed.
I recommend you should double-check both ways like what I did.
I did both, the status changed to In process - background processing. But since then nothing.

Backira2019

Apr 10, 2019
I mean didn't book anything for travelling outside Canada yet. In the website says about 12 to 13 days after the interview it is mailed in my address. In that case I can wait for a bit. Thanks

The Arsenal

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Please do!
We went in for the called interview. It was more of a landing formality. Checked the documents. Asked a couple basic questions about criminal background, asked to leave canada etc and done. Took about 20 mins in and out.

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
Hello All. I am 31 Jan. What is SA-sponsor approval? What does CIC check? I haven’t heard anything after the medical yet. That is almost 7 months. Should I worry about that?

hannan882

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hello All. I am 31 Jan. What is SA-sponsor approval? What does CIC check? I haven’t heard anything after the medical yet. That is almost 7 months. Should I worry about that?
Try giving them a call.. they will probably say that you're application is still within 12 month period and you just have to wait it out. but ask the agent nicely if they can look at your file and see if everything is all Ok. It doesn't hurt to try.

hannan882

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
"We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that is scheduled for" is this a landing interview or a relationship interview? :eek:

etaoin

Nov 7, 2017
"We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that is scheduled for" is this a landing interview or a relationship interview? :eek:
This is a landing interview. And it's not so much an interview as a formality. Congratulations :D

Reactions: hannan882