+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
It happened to me too .
I sent it again on March 19 .
I was told that if you are out of status you need to pay 200 dollars for status restoration otherwise they keep that aside till the sponsor is approved , what may takes 10 months to happen.
May I know who told you need to pay 200 dollars for status restoration?

I have ETA,in May it’s gonna be 6 months that I came to Canada.
Do I need to get some kind of visa or anything to live more than six months just in case my OWP didn’t get approved by then?

Ivylebrun

Jan 9, 2019
May I know who told you need to pay 200 dollars for status restoration?

I have ETA,in May it’s gonna be 6 months that I came to Canada.
Do I need to get some kind of visa or anything to live more than six months just in case my OWP didn’t get approved by then?
If your visa is expired than when you send your OWP application you need to pay the 200 dollar fee for status restoration.

I read that in the website and then I called the immigration and they confirmed it .

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Just noticed a change on my GCkey to "medical results being reviewed". I haven't done my medical yet but I'm guessing this means I can expect my medical request soon.

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Has anyone from Quebec received the letter telling them to apply to MIDI yet? I got my AOR April 2nd, but had my OWP returned due to missing funds (EUGHHH).
I have all the Quebec forms ready to go, just need that letter first!
Also, if anyone is trying to contact CIC over the phone, we had so much more success calling the French line than the English (way faster and the people were so much nicer and more helpful), if that's an option for you, I highly recommend calling the French line.
:)

Negarmemari

Apr 12, 2019
Hi everyone,
I hope you guys are doing okay
Quick question,
Applied inland spousal for my husband feb 22
AOR received via email april 09
Just received OWP application in mail saying “ insufficient processing fees”
We are sending the application again
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive approval or to be linked to GC key

Thanks

Question12

Dec 29, 2018
Send my application the 21 of February.receive my application today seems like we send in the wrong line 150 on the tax form and my husband employment letter was wrong , so I guess we have to do it all over again stresssss

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hi everyone,
I hope you guys are doing okay
Quick question,
Applied inland spousal for my husband feb 22
AOR received via email april 09
Just received OWP application in mail saying “ insufficient processing fees”
We are sending the application again
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive approval or to be linked to GC key

Thanks
It’s sad to hear that your application returned back due to insufficient fees.i had the same issue and i resubmitted again,its been 2months and a week since i resubmitted the application..i feel like resubmitted applications takes bit more time to get processed,I didn’t get AOR but inside the returned application they wrote my application number i noted that and after a month & half i was able to link my application.

LindaH

Feb 13, 2019
Question: Were any of you *principal applicants* out of status / implied status upon sending your common law application?

We still haven't received AOR, and looking at the spreadsheet tracker it seems like everyone else in the Feb Inland tab seems to have received theirs. I haven't been able to speak to a telephone agent as the phone lines are always too busy, and since no email yet I'm wondering if it's because my work permit and my recent visitor status expired at the start of 2019. Anyone have any thoughts or experience? I am still not able to link our application to myCIC account either - I have been trying for a few days now and nothing works (I have tried a number of variations each time)

I also just noticed a recent post above stating that " If your visa is expired when you send your OWP application you need to pay the 200 dollar fee for status restoration. " ----- wondering if Canada would notify me if I need to pay to restore my status? I'm also currently waiting for a visitor permit that I applied for before we sent our common law application - that's taking a long time too.

I will keep trying to get through to an agent in the meantime, but if anyone here has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it!

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Question: Were any of you *principal applicants* out of status / implied status upon sending your common law application?

We still haven't received AOR, and looking at the spreadsheet tracker it seems like everyone else in the Feb Inland tab seems to have received theirs. I haven't been able to speak to a telephone agent as the phone lines are always too busy, and since no email yet I'm wondering if it's because my work permit and my recent visitor status expired at the start of 2019. Anyone have any thoughts or experience? I am still not able to link our application to myCIC account either - I have been trying for a few days now and nothing works (I have tried a number of variations each time)

I also just noticed a recent post above stating that " If your visa is expired when you send your OWP application you need to pay the 200 dollar fee for status restoration. " ----- wondering if Canada would notify me if I need to pay to restore my status? I'm also currently waiting for a visitor permit that I applied for before we sent our common law application - that's taking a long time too.

I will keep trying to get through to an agent in the meantime, but if anyone here has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it!
If you applied for a visitor visa before your status in Canada expired you have implied status until it is approved or hopefully in your case your OWP is approved first. If that is the case they will cancel the visitor visa application and refund you the money paid.
If you applied for a visitor visa after your status expired then yes you should have paid the $200 and applied for the restoration of your status.

Being in status is not required to apply for PR but is required for the OWP application.

Reactions: LindaH

LindaH

Feb 13, 2019
If you applied for a visitor visa before your status in Canada expired you have implied status until it is approved or hopefully in your case your OWP is approved first. If that is the case they will cancel the visitor visa application and refund you the money paid.
If you applied for a visitor visa after your status expired then yes you should have paid the $200 and applied for the restoration of your status.

Being in status is not required to apply for PR but is required for the OWP application.
Thanks for this info, appreciate it. I hear what you're saying. I don't think I would need to pay that fee to restore my status in my case but once I am able to get through to an agent I should get some clarity!

My visitor permit expired on March 1, 2019, and I applied for a new visitor permit on Feb 11, 2019. Our common law application was received on Feb 21, 2019. I believe they are treating my visitor permit application as outland, which is why that's taking a while. On my account I can see the status for the visitor permit has been the same for weeks now "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." and every month I get update saying there is no update.... but the processing times are lengthy, plus the website gives different processing times to the automated phone processing times so I have no idea how long I can expect to wait.

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Thanks for this info, appreciate it. I hear what you're saying. I don't think I would need to pay that fee to restore my status in my case but once I am able to get through to an agent I should get some clarity!

My visitor permit expired on March 1, 2019, and I applied for a new visitor permit on Feb 11, 2019. Our common law application was received on Feb 21, 2019. I believe they are treating my visitor permit application as outland, which is why that's taking a while. On my account I can see the status for the visitor permit has been the same for weeks now "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." and every month I get update saying there is no update.... but the processing times are lengthy, plus the website gives different processing times to the automated phone processing times so I have no idea how long I can expect to wait.
Yeah you definitely don't need to pay to restore your status since you applied before the expiry so one less thing to stress about.
I applied for a visitor visa extension in February also just incase my application was returned for any reason. It usually takes a full 3 months or more for it to be approved. Since i recieved my OWP last week they cancelled my visitor visa application a few days later.

Just keep trying to get in touch with them. I really hope you hear something soon!
If it's a case of your application being returned you at least won't have to wait for restoration of status before applying for your work permit.

LindaH

Feb 13, 2019
Yeah you definitely don't need to pay to restore your status since you applied before the expiry so one less thing to stress about.
I applied for a visitor visa extension in February also just incase my application was returned for any reason. It usually takes a full 3 months or more for it to be approved. Since i recieved my OWP last week they cancelled my visitor visa application a few days later.

Just keep trying to get in touch with them. I really hope you hear something soon!
If it's a case of your application being returned you at least won't have to wait for restoration of status before applying for your work permit.
Thank you so much! Yes I only applied for another visitor visa incase my application was returned, that and I don't want to be on implied status for too long if it can be helped. I hope I can figure this out soon as well. Super happy for everyone who has received AOR and OWP so far! Thanks again for your help, I feel calmer :)

Reactions: Bexi15

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Called the CIC automated line..

It says, "We have requested a medical exam. We will send you a letter or email with more details."

Nothing on ECAS yet. Was probably just done today. Will get something on Monday.

Feb 11th applicant.