+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

AMeyer

Jan 29, 2019
I called CIC just now--- I made sure to use the phone option about temporary stay (Work permit)

The rep was very nice to give me an update about my application (I gave her my application # from AOR, date of birth, etc)

She said OWP was finalized and approved today Apr 03

Application Received: Feb 06, 2019
AOR: Mar 26, 2019
OWP Approved: Apr 03, 2019
Can I ask what number you called to inquire? I'm a little confused about OWP linking/approval. I received an AOR email about my application to sponsor my husband. Turns out he hasn't received anything at all.

I used the UCI and App # within my email to link our CIC online services account, but the only application that could be found was for Permanent Residency. Haven't received any correspondence about the OWP application we included. When you log in to your online account, does it show you the progress of both your OWP and your PR applications?

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
September inland applicants have been receiving DM and even landing interviews.. that's 7-8months! here's hoping we can expect a similar if not better timeline!
January and February applications are moving at a very fast pace so far.

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Can I ask what number you called to inquire? I'm a little confused about OWP linking/approval. I received an AOR email about my application to sponsor my husband. Turns out he hasn't received anything at all.

I used the UCI and App # within my email to link our CIC online services account, but the only application that could be found was for Permanent Residency. Haven't received any correspondence about the OWP application we included. When you log in to your online account, does it show you the progress of both your OWP and your PR applications?
The Sponsor receives the AOR e-mail. In this message, you will find the Sponsor's UCI and the PR Application number (starting with F). Once you've linked the PR application, you should see a different UCI online - that's the PA's UCI.
You won't receive any correspondence about OWP until its approval. If you want to link the OWP on GCKey, use PA's UCI and the following steps:

Category: Temporary Resident
Sub-category: Work Permit and Extension

Use PA's UCI and PA's Family Name

Enter PA's Passport Information or PA's Place of Birth

Details of intended work in Canada
Type of Work Permit: Open (Initial Application or Extension)

Personal Information:
↳ Current Country of Residence: Canada
↳ Current Marital Status
↳ Which situation applies to the applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada

Reactions: Bexi15 and AMeyer

AMeyer

Jan 29, 2019
The Sponsor receives the AOR e-mail. In this message, you will find the Sponsor's UCI and the PR Application number (starting with F). Once you've linked the PR application, you should see a different UCI online - that's the PA's UCI.
You won't receive any correspondence about OWP until its approval. If you want to link the OWP on GCKey, use PA's UCI and the following steps:

Category: Temporary Resident
Sub-category: Work Permit and Extension

Use PA's UCI and PA's Family Name

Enter PA's Passport Information or PA's Place of Birth

Details of intended work in Canada
Type of Work Permit: Open (Initial Application or Extension)

Personal Information:
↳ Current Country of Residence: Canada
↳ Current Marital Status
↳ Which situation applies to the applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada
THANK YOU! I had tried this many times, but somehow it never occurred to me that the UCI in the online PR application would be different than what was in my email. Unfortunately I hit the 5 attempt max today, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow!

Really appreciate your help.

Reactions: CAN-AL2018

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Recieved my OWP in the mail today

Reactions: divya2991

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Whats your timeline? Is it mail or email? linked my owp monday april1. no approval yet.
My timeline so far

Application Sent - 2019-02-06
Application Recieved - 2019-02-08
AOR - 2019-03-28
OWP approved - 2019-03-30
Recieved OWP in mail - 2019-04-04

I recieved an email on April 1st saying my OWP was approved then today got my physical OWP in the mail.

Reactions: dj0010

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Quick question.

My friend and his wife got married in India but they never got the marriage certificate from there, so now just wondering what will be the process of getting marriage registered here in Ontario.

Girl - Canadian Citizen
Boy - Student now on Work Permit

Do they have the follow the regular process of getting married in Ontario like getting a Marriage Licence and then applying for Marriage Registration?
but that means they are getting married again so now when they are applying for their spousal file so they should be using the new marriage date or the original one from India.

Is it possible to get a Marriage Certificate of the same date when you got married in India?

We are confused, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
RG

divya2991

Nov 8, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Quick question.

My friend and his wife got married in India but they never got the marriage certificate from there, so now just wondering what will be the process of getting marriage registered here in Ontario.

Girl - Canadian Citizen
Boy - Student now on Work Permit

Do they have the follow the regular process of getting married in Ontario like getting a Marriage Licence and then applying for Marriage Registration?
but that means they are getting married again so now when they are applying for their spousal file so they should be using the new marriage date or the original one from India.

Is it possible to get a Marriage Certificate of the same date when you got married in India?

We are confused, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
RG
I got married in India as well but date of registration is a few days post the wedding date. I think CIC doesn't have a problem with that. There would hardly be anyone who would get their marriage registered on the same day in India.

Reactions: iengineer86

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
My timeline so far

Application Sent - 2019-02-06
Application Recieved - 2019-02-08
AOR - 2019-03-28
OWP approved - 2019-03-30
Recieved OWP in mail - 2019-04-04

I recieved an email on April 1st saying my OWP was approved then today got my physical OWP in the mail.
Congrats ! May I ask if the work permit shows any info about your martial status or your spouse info ?

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Congrats ! May I ask if the work permit shows any info about your martial status or your spouse info ?
No it doesn't show any martial status or spouse info. Just name, sex, date of birth and passport info of permit holder and dates of validity of work permit.

Reactions: K3nda