Med's Done....
11-07-2012
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-04-2013
Hello everyone, any idea why the invitation for the oath ceremony is taking way too long for applicants from Montreal? I took the test in July, decision made status also in July but no oath ceremony yet :'(
It was supposed to take 1-2 months but it has been almost 4 months of waiting... I've been checking my email but nothing. I am kind of worried.
Any other applicant on the same boat with me?
4 Months does seem like a long time. You may want to consider contacting your MP's office. They can represent you in a request for further information from IRCC. Alternatively/in addition to, you could also submit an ATIP request on your file. In the resulting information, you can see status updates on your file and any notes (usually very coded and limited in detail). That may give a little window into what is the processing delay. I'll note that ATIP requests have a turnaround time of about one month.

I am also from Montreal. I am a bit behind you (only had the test/interview last week). Decision Made updated only as of today.

Reactions: deadhustler

afsun1105

Aug 4, 2014
LANDED..........
December 2015
Hello,

I had my Citizenship Oath on November 9th at Vancouver. It was a great experience. The status was changed to 'Complete' next morning.
I want to thank you all for the support and help in every stage.

I will be in the March page for a few more days updating about my spouse's application.

Wishing you all the very best.

Cheers :)

PS: Special thanks to the admins for taking your valuable time in updating the spreadsheet. You Rock!!!

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Did test today. It was easy, the anxiety made me very unsure about each answer but I got it 20/20. Everyone who took test at 8am was getting oath for next day. I happened to be interviewed by the least friendliest person who made me run around for 3 hours to print completely unnecessary documents, and then said the oath for tomorrow is full and that you'll have to wait for months....
Tip, if you're desperate and need to travel but dont have a cic defined urgency, reschedule your test to the first test of the day.

moe9876

May 10, 2018
my status changed to Decision Made on ECAS today. My wife's status is still in process though.
Is is normal to have decisions made separately if we've applied together?

deadhustler

Nov 14, 2019
4 Months does seem like a long time. You may want to consider contacting your MP's office. They can represent you in a request for further information from IRCC. Alternatively/in addition to, you could also submit an ATIP request on your file. In the resulting information, you can see status updates on your file and any notes (usually very coded and limited in detail). That may give a little window into what is the processing delay. I'll note that ATIP requests have a turnaround time of about one month.

I am also from Montreal. I am a bit behind you (only had the test/interview last week). Decision Made updated only as of today.
Montreal applicant here. I had my test 6 months ago (May 16th), decision made couple of days after the test. Still haven't received yet the oath invitation. My application was sent on January 17th.
I did the AITP application two moths ago and haven't heard back yet. I called many times but i get always the same answer :"you are still in the normal processing times".
My wife keeps asking me to talk to our Member of Parliament, but I have not done it yet. I think I'll go ask for the MP's help, hopefully it would help.
Do you know if I need to submit a written request to the MP or just I will need to stop by and talk to the staff?

By the way, my wife submitted her report separately a week earlier than mine and she already got citizenship in August 5th...

Mtl0000

Oct 27, 2019
Montreal applicant here. I had my test 6 months ago (May 16th), decision made couple of days after the test. Still haven't received yet the oath invitation. My application was sent on January 17th.
I did the AITP application two moths ago and haven't heard back yet. I called many times but i get always the same answer :"you are still in the normal processing times".
My wife keeps asking me to talk to our Member of Parliament, but I have not done it yet. I think I'll go ask for the MP's help, hopefully it would help.
Do you know if I need to submit a written request to the MP or just I will need to stop by and talk to the staff?

By the way, my wife submitted her report separately a week earlier than mine and she already got citizenship in August 5th...
Have you tried submitting a web form to ask what is going on ?

Kelm

Jan 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
11-07-2012
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-04-2013

Oh my, it seems like the timing is quite random for applications in Montreal. When I was in contact with my MP for my first citizenship application (Yes, I said first...now on my second) I had emailed a staff member responsible for immigration requests. We then set a time to meet in person so I could sign authorization papers and give information about my file. They may not be able to see a lot more detail than what is being given already, but they could possibly investigate/gently encourage more information from IRCC.

In my case - the first application was ultimately refused. I had missed a trip on my calculation so I was 10 days under the 1460 requirement (I applied in July 2017 before the October 2017 change in laws). My file was forwarded to a judge after my exam (Feb 2018) and sat waiting for refusal until August 2018. My MP office called twice to inquire, but only on their second call (end of November 2018) was the file updated and acted upon. So, I'm not saying it is a miracle cure and everything will be solved, but they do record all contact attempts by the MP office and there's a slight impact on getting updates versus not contacting or emailing IRCC.