+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

zodiac212

Jul 31, 2019
AOR -feb 15, inland applicant
VO-sydney
received a re medical for my husband who is a PR holder on oct 30th, phoned cic to waive the request, received email from the case processing officer on nov 1st saying since my husband is a permanent resident of canada he is been removed from my application ,since my medical is been expired a request to extend my medical is been made,should an extension is not possible then a new medical request will be issued. everything is passed. hopefully no re-medical request.

Last edited:

yaseerakapadia

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Guys this really worries me.
My meds expired in Sept and my application is ‘in queue for review by officer’. They haven’t extended validity of my meds or asked for remeds.
AOR Feb 11
Does it sound like a potential refusal..?
Any thoughts welcome...

Stay14

Oct 10, 2019
Guys this really worries me.
My meds expired in Sept and my application is ‘in queue for review by officer’. They haven’t extended validity of my meds or asked for remeds.
AOR Feb 11
Does it sound like a potential refusal..?
Any thoughts welcome...
Are you inland?

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019
Oh okay so they are extending the medicals for some people, that makes sense. What is your file stuck at? Just final review from the officer?
I'm not sure. But my status 2 weeks ago was:

Eligibility: met // not sure if it is recommended pass or pass.
Criminality: passed
Security: not initiated
Medicals: Jan 3 2020

Zigzag13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
I'm not sure. But my status 2 weeks ago was:

Eligibility: met // not sure if it is recommended pass or pass.
Criminality: passed
Security: not initiated
Medicals: Jan 3 2020
Met is final status.
My security was not intitated 4 weeks ago, last week when I got the ghost notification I called them and they told me everything is done and then they asked for remeds. I think ur ppr will be issued, looks like they have already extended ur medicals

Last edited:

tallguywithbeard

Dec 12, 2018
Sorry for being late.
You could've deleted everything and entered again to make it in order. I had to enter my address history three times because of some system error.

Regarding the overlap issue,
I had overlapping educational activities and part time jobs. What I did was not disclose them. But since you've already mentioned this twice, It will be better to attach an LOE explaining in detail what you have written here. Still lost on why did you take the trouble of mentioning an 8 hour/week job. Its clear from the instruction that this doesn't qualify for any points. Anyway, that is in the past. Now, all we can do is explain the situation properly.

Regarding "
If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (unemployed, studying, travelling). If you were outside your country or territory of nationality, indicate your status in that country.

So in that instance, where I had gone to Bangkok (7-day vacation), I was still self-employed, thus I don't need to mention the travel right?

Yes, you still need to mention this trip. The purpose could be tourist, leisure trip etc. Did they stamp your entry and exit to Bangkok on your passport? If yes, then that trip is showing on your passport. Even if there is no stamp, since you've already told them about this trip, you will have to mention it again with a proper reason.

As it would show a gap in employment when there was none? Those travel dates are still in the EE application separately filed under travel history
Isn't work history and travel history under two different sections? Taking a vacation from work doesn't create a gap in employment. For example if you worked at a place from 2016-2018 and you took a month leave in 2017, you were still employed from 2016-2018. No need to show a gap like 2016-2017 - employed, 2017-2018 employed.

A one week trip to another country for vacation doesn't even affect your address history. You don't even have to mention it in the address history since your address is not changing for that 7 days.

Thank you @RBV2909
I'll attach an LOE for the overlapping jobs...wish I hadn't disclosed them earlier either..i was naive and felt it to be right to disclose everything truthfully, especially since these reflected in my income tax.

They did stamp my entry and exit to bangkok so I'll be showing them that as well.

Work and travel history were in two different sections in the original form. The schedule A form just has "Personal History".

I just have one followup.

With regards to Schedule A: IMM5669e in the personal history section, the table says, "if you are not working, provide information on what you were doing (studying, travelling, unemployed etc). If you were outside your country of nationality, indicate your status in that country.

Here on this form there is no mention of Country of Residence.

My country of nationality is India.
I studied in Singapore for 4 years and took 15 trips back during vacations (Roughly 4 semester break vacations a year)

Do I have to write my personal history as :

• FROM TO ACTIVITY COUNTRY STATUS
  • 2008-04 to 2008-09 Educational Activity Singapore Student
  • 2008-10 to 2008-10 Vacation 10 days India Citizen (the stamps on passport match this date)
  • 2008-10 to 2008-12 Educational Activity Singapore Student
  • 2008-12 to 2009-01 Vacation 10 days India Citizen
  • 2009-01 to 2009-06 Educational Activity Singapore Student
  • 2009-07 to 2009-07 Vacation 10 days India Citizen
  • 2009-07 to 2009-09 Educational Activity Singapore Student
  • 2009-10 to 2009-10 Vacation 10 days India Citizen
  • 2009-10 to 2009-11 Educational Activity Singapore Student

and so on. Is this correct?

OR
is this the correct way to write, since perhaps I've to only mention trips only OUTSIDE my country of nationality?
and so on.

OR

Do I just write a straightforward
2008-04 to 2012-06 Educational Activity Singapore Student

and they will understand that there were 15 trips back to india (as shared previously in travel history in the original form)
Any guidance will be most appreciated

It is most confusing because they have not told me why I have to fill this form after 9 months of waiting. I don't know what exactly has gone wrong in the original form

Stay14

Oct 10, 2019
I was there when I applied.
Now back to my home country.
Informed them and updated them with my new contact info.
It is possible they have extended your medical. Just call to be sure, I don’t think it is anything to worry about. Maybe they haven’t touched your file yet after the medicals expired

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Thank you @RBV2909
I'll attach an LOE for the overlapping jobs...wish I hadn't disclosed them earlier either..i was naive and felt it to be right to disclose everything truthfully, especially since these reflected in my income tax.

They did stamp my entry and exit to bangkok so I'll be showing them that as well.

Work and travel history were in two different sections in the original form. The schedule A form just has "Personal History".

With regards to Schedule A: IMM5669e in the personal history section, the table says, "if you are not working, provide information on what you were doing (studying, travelling, unemployed etc). If you were outside your country of nationality, indicate your status in that country.

I studied in Singapore for 4 years and took 15 trips back during vacations (Roughly 4 semester break vacations a year)

• 2008-10 to 2008-10 Vacation 10 days India Citizen (the stamps on passport match this date)

OR
is this the correct way to write, since perhaps I've to only mention trips only OUTSIDE my country of nationality?
and so on.

OR

and they will understand that there were 15 trips back to india (as shared previously in travel history in the original form)

It is most confusing because they have not told me why I have to fill this form after 9 months of waiting. I don't know what exactly has gone wrong in the original form
Oh Man,
I didn't do half of it. In your personal activities section they are not even asking about whether you travelled or not or anything. I just filled it like this
2007-06 to 2011-05 Edu Act, Uni Name, Country(never mentioned any internship, vacation or anything I did.
(Activities in between are not mentioned)
2012-08 to 2014-08, Employment, Company, Country (in these two years I had more than a dozen trips to and from India, Never bothered to mention any of it, But explained in an loe that these were trips from country of residence to country of origin and thus need not to be mentioned according to IRCC guidelines)
2014-08 to 2014-08, unemployed, country (just one day)
2014-08 to 2014-09,unemployed, country (7 days)
Gave these above information to avoid any so called gaps, even if it was less 24 hrs
2014-09 to 2015-11, Edu Act, Uni, Country (Didn't mention part time jobs, or anything else i did on that time.)
That's all

Your four year course is "one single activity" so just mention it from 2008-2012.

Also in all these section make sure to start with the most recent information. They actually ask you to do so in the instructions.

hope your doubts are cleared.

Good luck

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Thank you @RBV2909

OR
and so on.

OR

To draw a parallel with my own case, in the personal history I just stated the country I lived and what I did (worked, studied, unemployed).
I traveled fairly extensively for work (had well over a 100 trips, not counting flights to move country) and lived in three countries (all outside my home country) in the past 10 years - and did not mention any of the trips there (because they were temporary and did not alter what I was doing).

My reading of the instructions is simple - tell us what you have been doing (working or something else) and where. If you were outside your home country (while doing this activity) then describe your (immigration) status (i.e. student visa/permanent resident/illegal alien [hopefully not]). As I recall, the status was not requested in the online form.

So I chose your option 3 and think it is correct for you as well. I made sure to match the following by putting together an excel file and obsessively rechecking dates:
1. Address history and personal history: Making sure that my activities and times at address completely matched. I.e. when I said I was working/studying/job hunting, I had an address in the right country.
2. Passport stamps and trips: I noted down all the stamps in my passport(s) and matched them up to emails/calendar entries to make sure I could explain all of them. It didn't help that Singapore never stamped my passport coming in or going out. I did not report the flights I took to change residence (showed up as one way trips), but I did report my trips to and from my home country.
3. Address history, personal history and travel history: Cross checking to make sure that the trips I reported made sense taken together with where I said I was living and what I was doing.
4. Last but not least, making sure that all these dates matched the Police Certificates.

The process took several days, but I think it was worth it as I had no requests about this.

Wish you all the best.

tallguywithbeard

Dec 12, 2018
Thanks @RBV2909 and @aamool

I've read and re-read both your comments.
I'm pasting in my (hopefully) final personal history here for Schedule A IMM5669e

I've placed it in reverse chronological as RBV2909 suggested and I can write in the LOE about the overlap happening in 2016-04 as Visiting Lecturer while being cofounder till 2016-05

Since the form states I need to declare "If you were outside your country of nationality, indicate your status in that country." regardless of whether I was employed/unemployed/studying, I have added the two Thailand trips taken.
Now do I keep it this way or remove it and just keep a single Education - Bachelors Degree from 2008-04 to 2011-06 and Employment - Sole Proprietor from 2014-04 to 2015-03

As aamool says, I can perhaps write in the LOE whatever number of trips I've taken to and from Singapore to India. This info was given to IRCC while filling the application in the travel history already back in Feb 07 but I can provide it again to them individually if they require it.
I've all the passport stamped dates ready.

Does the above table look correct? I will be thankful for all your help!

yaseerakapadia

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
It is possible they have extended your medical. Just call to be sure, I don’t think it is anything to worry about. Maybe they haven’t touched your file yet after the medicals expired
When they extend medicals, dont they update the date under medicals section? Mine still shows ‘you do not need medicals’.

10 days ago an agent said she sees recent notes on my file but can not disclose what it is about and also mentioned my file is under review.

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Thanks @RBV2909 and @aamool

I've read and re-read both your comments.
I'm pasting in my (hopefully) final personal history here for Schedule A IMM5669e

I've placed it in reverse chronological as RBV2909 suggested and I can write in the LOE about the overlap happening in 2016-04 as Visiting Lecturer while being cofounder till 2016-05

Since the form states I need to declare "If you were outside your country of nationality, indicate your status in that country." regardless of whether I was employed/unemployed/studying, I have added the two Thailand trips taken.
Now do I keep it this way or remove it and just keep a single Education - Bachelors Degree from 2008-04 to 2011-06 and Employment - Sole Proprietor from 2014-04 to 2015-03

As aamool says, I can perhaps write in the LOE whatever number of trips I've taken to and from Singapore to India. This info was given to IRCC while filling the application in the travel history already back in Feb 07 but I can provide it again to them individually if they require it.
I've all the passport stamped dates ready.

Does the above table look correct? I will be thankful for all your help!
Looks alright to me. Just in case if you think they will be confused write a very detailed LOE, explaining everything you want. Make sure its easy to read and understand. Please make sure that if you are contradicting any information you provided earlier, then explain that at your best.
If you go to your online application and check the instructions, they do ask you to enter the recent activity first. So its not my suggestions ;)

How I made sure there was no gap, was by making sure that the "From date" of the top line is the same as the "To date" on line just below it. And I also had done everything @aamool written. The cross checking, double checking and triple checking and double checking again nearly drove me crazy. But once it was done, they did not ask anything further.

BTW, do they really ask for your status in the country? I don't remember entering citizen, resident or student anywhere in my application, only the activity type, city and country.

Good Luck bro

tallguywithbeard

Dec 12, 2018
Looks alright to me. Just in case if you think they will be confused write a very detailed LOE, explaining everything you want. Make sure its easy to read and understand. Please make sure that if you are contradicting any information you provided earlier, then explain that at your best.
If you go to your online application and check the instructions, they do ask you to enter the recent activity first. So its not my suggestions ;)

How I made sure there was no gap, was by making sure that the "From date" of the top line is the same as the "To date" on line just below it. And I also had done everything @aamool written. The cross checking, double checking and triple checking and double checking again nearly drove me crazy. But once it was done, they did not ask anything further.

BTW, do they really ask for your status in the country? I don't remember entering citizen, resident or student anywhere in my application, only the activity type, city and country.

Good Luck bro

Thanks @RBV2909, I'll write out a clear LOE for any discrepancies.

and yes, in the Schedule A form they do have a "status in country or territory" section in the form. I saw the form was updated in June 2019 so maybe its different from then? It wasn't mentioned in the original application.

Stay14

Oct 10, 2019
When they extend medicals, dont they update the date under medicals section? Mine still shows ‘you do not need medicals’.

10 days ago an agent said she sees recent notes on my file but can not disclose what it is about and also mentioned my file is under review.
I am not sure if they always update the status. I believe I have read in other threads where the status was same as yours and it was extended. Maybe apply for notes to know what the review is about

Reactions: yaseerakapadia