+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
No PPR emails today?

I think Ottawa looks at ‘back logs’ every other week... there were a few PPR emails from them last week... this week was for other VOs
this may mean next week will see more from Ottawa..
Anybody else has observed this or is it just my unemployed, disoriented, hopeless self.......
If you have any theory on Montreal, I will buy it. I don’t know how this VO works.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

lucasknm

Sep 18, 2018
Come on! These prices are nothing! Don't scare.
I came to Canada as an international student paying 10K every freaking semester..AND NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO WORK IN FULL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
So whoever comes as PR - they should just keep working in full-time! and make money. after 4 years, YOU HAVE A HOUSE FOR SURE! (20 years financial of course lol)
We all are immigrants and hard worker. all immigrants are successful in Canada.

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Hi @avarics You've just arrived in Canada, the fact that you even managed to find a job so fast is great. I suspect you did not do enough research before you left and maybe you left so fast... moving to any country is not easy. You will struggle. It will be hard. The reality is that employers will not throw 6 figure salaries at you fresh off the boat, so to speak. You have to gain a certain level of "Canadian experience"... that can either be gained from lower level office work or why not get a 6 month diploma. Not everyone is lucky enough to fall into a career just like that. Unfortunately, moving to Canada is not all roses and it might take up to a year or even more to find your footing.. Don't be discouraged so easily and so soon.

Remember there are many on this forum who are fighting to be in your position... count your blessings and stop concentrating on the negatives. You create your future, not Canada.
That last sentence is the only inspiration I have behind this move. Otherwise I would never move to Canada. Somehow there is nothing in that country (or Continent) that excites. For me its just another experience and a stop over before I move to my next destination. I will keep moving as long as I can. But from my experience in living in four different countries so far (one among them is notoriously famous for being hostile to immigrants) and dong all sorts of jobs with out any issues, I can say with all confidence that life is not a walk in the park any where in the world.

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Hello @RBV2909
Thank you so much for taking time to answer. You have helped make things quite clear. I just have some follow-up questions.

Yes, I tried to make it in chronological order when I had first filled the application online and had later realized I should fill in the gap from 2008-01 to 2008-03, there wasn't a way for me to erase and start over so I had let the order be as it is. I'll ensure to go in reverse chronological order in this IMM5669e form.

I have a problem here.
  • 2015-04 to 2016-05 Employment - Self-employed business
  • 2016-04 to 2016-06 Employment - Visiting Lecturer at an Institution.
I understand there is an overlap, but I was actually working at two places. My own business from Mon-Fri, and the visiting faculty position on Saturdays.
The visiting lecturer position was considered part-time and since it was only 8 hours a week, it didn't fit the criteria to gain additional CRS points, but since I've to be completely transparent, I've written it down.
How do I fix this?

That's actually a relief. And also I checked the form IMM5669e doesn't have a separate column for travel history like there was when first filling the application online, so that also adds to a lot of relief.
I also noticed the instruction: Under "activity" write your occupation. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (unemployed, studying, travelling). If you were outside your country or territory of nationality, indicate your status in that country.

So in that instance, where I had gone to bangkok (7 day vacation), i was still self-employed, thus I don't need to mention the travel right?
As it would show a gap in employment when there was none? Those travel dates are still in the EE application separately filed under travel history.

I hope I'm getting thi right
Sorry for being late.
You could've deleted everything and entered again to make it in order. I had to enter my address history three times because of some system error.

Regarding the overlap issue,
I had overlapping educational activities and part time jobs. What I did was not disclose them. But since you've already mentioned this twice, It will be better to attach an LOE explaining in detail what you have written here. Still lost on why did you take the trouble of mentioning an 8 hour/week job. Its clear from the instruction that this doesn't qualify for any points. Anyway, that is in the past. Now, all we can do is explain the situation properly.

Regarding "
If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (unemployed, studying, travelling). If you were outside your country or territory of nationality, indicate your status in that country.

So in that instance, where I had gone to bangkok (7 day vacation), i was still self-employed, thus I don't need to mention the travel right?

Yes, you still need to mention this trip. The purpose could be tourist, leisure trip etc. Did they stamp your entry and exit to Bangkok on your passport? If yes, then that trip is showing on your passport. Even if there is no stamp, since you've already told them about this trip, you will have to mention it again with a proper reason.

As it would show a gap in employment when there was none? Those travel dates are still in the EE application separately filed under travel history
Isn't work history and travel history under two different sections? Taking a vacation from work doesn't create a gap in employment. For example if you worked at a place from 2016-2018 and you took a month leave in 2017, you were still employed from 2016-2018. No need to show a gap like 2016-2017 - employed, 2017-2018 employed.

A one week trip to another country for vacation doesn't even affect your address history. You don't even have to mention it in the address history since your address is not changing for that 7 days.

Shabaz Singh

Aug 20, 2018
Hi everyone,
Please help.. i applied my PR through Express entry on 1st Feb 2019 and received the AOR on same day.. Today is 1st Nov and i am still waiting for my PPR. Is anyone here in same situation waiting for PR conformation from more than 9months...
Reply please..
Regards.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hi everyone,
Please help.. i applied my PR through Express entry on 1st Feb 2019 and received the AOR on same day.. Today is 1st Nov and i am still waiting for my PPR. Is anyone here in same situation waiting for PR conformation from more than 9months...
Reply please..
Regards.
Yes we are all all waiting for PPR. You are not alone. I know that is frustrating but none of us has the answer for this delay. If you haven’t done so, please order GCMS notes to know the status of your eligibility. Call IRCC or raise a CSE. That is all you can do besides waiting. If you live in Canada, you can also reach your MP to know the status of your file. I wish you the best.

torres9

Nov 1, 2019
Hello guys,

I'm perhaps in a unique situation and need some help-

Feb 06 AOR
Saw no updates for the longest time but had my medical "passed"( uploaded the emedical recepit of my upfront medical),
BG in processing and other usual updates.

Got a ghost update recently so I thought it might finally be for ppr but I actually got a medical request ( IMM-1017E).

My medical is still valid until Jan 2020, it was already passed so I'm really confused what this about now. I had emailed sydney office about my application and they told me its in queue for final review. So now having a medical request seems weird to me - how does an application go from final review to medical? Is a second medical request normal?

Last edited:

Stay14

Oct 10, 2019
Hello guys,

Feb 06 AOR
Saw no updates for the longest time but had my medical "passed"( uploaded the emedical recepit of my upfront medical),

Got a ghost update recently so I thought it might finally be for ppr but I actually got a medical request ( IMM-1017E).

My medical is still valid until Jan 2020, it was already passed so I'm really confused what this about now. I had emailed sydney office about my application and they told me its in queue for final review. So now having a medical request seems weird to me - how does an application go from final review to medical? Is a second medical request normal?
They are almost done with your application. Just do the medical and wait for your ppr. Congrats

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Are you saying the second medical request is common?
I'm really confused why would medical change from "passed" to another request?
It is common in the final stage of the application. They usually extend your medical or ask for a second medical request to give you more time to land in Canada since the validity of your visa ( if you need one) is until the expiration of your medical exam. Since your medical exam is expiring in January 2020, the officer has decided to ask you for a second medical exam so that he can give 1 year visa. Don’t worry, once you get the medical exam done, you will receive PPR.

Shabaz Singh

Aug 20, 2018
Yes we are all all waiting for PPR. You are not alone. I know that is frustrating but none of us has the answer for this delay. If you haven’t done so, please order GCMS notes to know the status of your eligibility. Call IRCC or raise a CSE. That is all you can do besides waiting. If you live in Canada, you can also reach your MP to know the status of your file. I wish you the best.
Thanks for p

alongroad

Jan 9, 2019
Hello everyone,

I will be landing in December. Can anyone share list of things I need to pack i.e. types of clothes, etc.
As silly as this may sound, I want to be well equipped to start living in a new country.
Thank you.

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019
Hello guys,

Feb 06 AOR

Congratulations dude!! You're almost there. Just submit the new medicals and get this done:):). Btw, you meant Sydney as in the Australian or Canadian? Could you also share the email of the Sydney office?

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Congratulations dude!! You're almost there. Just submit the new medicals and get this done:):). Btw, you meant Sydney as in the Australian or Canadian? Could you also share the email of the Sydney office?
CIO Sydney email: IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Reactions: SKSV