+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
!!Long post alert!!
Hello All,
I have been a silent reader on this forum for a while, I would like to post my journey for anyone who needs assistance.

Single applicant, MS in CS, currently in USA on H1B. CRS 481

Jan 23- Invitation to Apply (ITA)
Feb 08 - Submitted application and recieved Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR)
Mar 11 - sent a request to change address
Mar 13 - Received confirmation of address change
Mar 25- Medicals passed (got notification via email and had to check on the ircc profile for that change
Mar 25 - Recevied biometric request
Apr 1 - Biometric completed
Apr 30 - sent a request via case status inquiry to identify the visa office
May 7 - Recieved response that my VO was Montreal and nothing had started
May 9 - Request first set of GCMS notes via getgcms.com
Jun 10 - Received my first set of gcms notes with the following details
- Criminatily and medical passed
- Eligiblity and background not started.
Jun 17 - Got my passport renewed and submitted a request to update my file with the new passport details. I sent a scanned copy of all pages of the new passport via Case specific inquiry module.
Jun 24 - Recieved confirmation from IRCC that they recieved the new passport and the same had been forwarded to the case officer.

*Silence from IRCC sent a couple of CSE and recieved same response that my eligiblity was under review and that background had not started*

Was getting concerned and tensed as no updates so finally emailed office of goodale

Aug 14 - Emailed Ralph's office with my application details. Recieved response within 3 hours
- Criminality passed.
- Eligibility requires review.
- Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.
- Medicals are valid until Feb 2020.

Got really tense as they were still reviewing my eligiblity. My thought was that it was related to my employment letter not mentioning my job duties in detail so i requested my hr to give me an updated letter with detailed job duties
Aug 14 - Requested new set of GCMS notes.

Aug 20 - submitted new letter with a LOE stating why i am submitting a new letter from my old employer
Aug 27 - got confirmation that new letter has been recieved and passed to case officer

Sep 13 - Got second set of gcms notes which were generated on August 16 which confirmed my doubt about the job letter

Sent a couple of cse's to check if new files were delievered to the case officer and the status. They all were saying that they were reviewing my eligiblity
Sept 30 - First ghost update
Oct 1
- 12:55 pm - got response to latest cse stating that background verifcation were valid and they were still reviewing eligiblity
- 2.02 PM - got an email stating that there was a new message in my ircc account . Checked and it was ppr!

Oct 2 - submitted passport with photgraph via fedex.

Now just waiting to get copr and passport with visa stamp.

Brancov

Sep 24, 2019
!!Long post alert!!
Hello All,
I have been a silent reader on this forum for a while, I would like to post my journey for anyone who needs assistance.

Mar 25- Medicals passed (got notification via email and had to check on the ircc profile for that change
Jun 17 - Got my passport renewed and submitted a request to update my file with the new passport details. I sent a scanned copy of all pages of the new passport via Case specific inquiry module.
Jun 24 - Recieved confirmation from IRCC that they recieved the new passport and the same had been forwarded to the case officer.

*Silence from IRCC sent a couple of CSE and recieved same response that my eligiblity was under review and that background had not started*

Was getting concerned and tensed as no updates so finally emailed office of goodale

Aug 14 - Emailed Ralph's office with my application details. Recieved response within 3 hours
- Criminality passed.
- Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Got really tense as they were still reviewing my eligiblity. My thought was that it was related to my employment letter not mentioning my job duties in detail so i requested my hr to give me an updated letter with detailed job duties

Aug 20 - submitted new letter with a LOE stating why i am submitting a new letter from my old employer
Aug 27 - got confirmation that new letter has been recieved and passed to case officer

Sep 13 - Got second set of gcms notes which were generated on August 16 which confirmed my doubt about the job letter

Sent a couple of cse's to check if new files were delievered to the case officer and the status. They all were saying that they were reviewing my eligiblity
Oct 1
- 12:55 pm - got response to latest cse stating that background verifcation were valid and they were still reviewing eligiblity
- 2.02 PM - got an email stating that there was a new message in my ircc account . Checked and it was ppr!

drsome

Dec 20, 2018
!!Long post alert!!
Hello All,

- Criminality passed.

Oct 1

!!Long post alert!!
Hello All,

- Criminality passed.

Oct 1

Congrats! do you know when your eligibility started? Was your old employer your main employer?

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Hi @Spotted,

Should the photographs be 35 x 45 or 50 x 70? In the text you pasted it requires 35x45. In the pdf link it is 50x70. A bit confused. Please let me know.

Thanks
Let me edit this and say Im not sure. At the photoshop we just asked for Canadian size passport photos. And now we have counterfoil, so whatever we did it worked.

Last edited:

yaseerakapadia

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Request for Submission of Passports

Dear Handsome Gorilla

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing and we need your passport and the documents listed below in order to make a final decision.

Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly.

Visa Validity:

Once issued, permanent resident visas usually expire on the date of expiry of your medical examination results, which in your case is Date of Medical Results of Handsome Gorilla. If there is an earlier date of expiry on your visa(s), that is because the passport validity of you or one of your accompanying dependents expires before the medical examination expiry date.

You and all your accompanying dependents must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the visas cannot be extended.

If you are a citizen of a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, please follow the instructions below regarding your passport requirements (NOTE: To find out if you are visa-exempt under Regulation 190, consult the following CIC webpage: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions):

Send a photocopy of your passport (all pages) and of the passport of your accompanying spouse and dependent children (all pages), if applicable to CPC-Ottawa.

Documents to submit:

1. Original signed valid passport for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
· Each person, including minor children, must have their own passport, and there must be at least two blank pages in each passport

· Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, and other special passports are not acceptable

· Passports that are not signed by the holder are not valid for travel

1. Two (2) recent photographs for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
· The photos must be 35 mm x 45 mm, and must have a white background. Exact photo specifications are available at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3998E_tempA.pdf

· The name of each applicant must be written on the back of one (1) picture

1. Please complete the information requested on the Passport Submission Form below.
  2. Others:

Please submit all passports and documents in one package, with a copy of this letter, within 30 days. Failure to provide the requested documents within this time frame may result in the closure of your application without further notification.

How to submit:

Please provide passports or travel documents for yourself and each accompanying dependant, along with a copy of this letter, to the visa office in of CPC-Ottawa.

1. Passports should be submitted through a Canadian Visa Application Centre (VAC). Find the VAC nearest to you: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/vac.asp?utm_source=slash-vac&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=generic.

1. Alternatively, you can send your passport through a registered courier provider only if there is no Visa Application Centre in your country of residence (ensure you enclose a return airway bill for the return of the documents).

You must submit your passport(s) and documents and collect your visa(s) from the Visa Application Center (VAC) in your country of residence, using one of the following options:

1. In person or through an authorized representative:

You, or an authorized person you have designated, must attend to submit your passport(s) and documents to the VAC. You must also submit a printed copy of this email to the VAC.

Your authorized representative must present a Letter of Authorization (below) completed and signed by you, along with his/her identification document (preferably a valid passport) and a copy of this email.

1. By commercial courier:

Residents of Congo-Kinshasa, please see: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/DRC/faq.html - “How can I retrieve my passport?” for details on what to include in your couriered package.

Residents of Ethiopia, please see: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Ethiopia/faq.html - “How can I retrieve my passport?” for details on what to include in your couriered package.

Residents of Kenya, please see: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Kenya/faq.html - “How can I retrieve my passport?” for details on what to include in your couriered package.

Residents of Tanzania, please see: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Tanzania/faq.html - “How can I retrieve my passport?” for details on what to include in your couriered package.

Residents of Uganda, please see: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Tanzania/faq.html - “How can I retrieve my passport?” for details on what to include in your couriered package.

The VAC will ensure safe and fast transmission of the passport(s) and documents to the High Commission, and back to the VAC once we have issued the visa(s).

For hours of operation, VAC fees for these services, and any further information you require, please refer to the respective VAC website.

Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send your passport(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address.

If sent by regular mail or Canada Post Xpresspost (recommended option)

CPC – Ottawa

PO Box 9780

Ottawa, ON, K1G 4B9

• Purchase two prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.
  • Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
  • Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.
  • Enclose both envelopes along with your passport and a copy of this letter.
  • You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line: http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

If sent by private courier (only)

CPC – Ottawa

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa, ON, K1A 1L1

• If you choose to not provide us with a return Xpresspost envelope, we will return your passport(s) via regular mail (Canada Post Lettermail). Passport(s) will not be returned by private courier. Do not provide any pre-paid courier envelopes: These will not be used.

Change in Family Composition:

You must notify our office in writing if there are or will be changes in your life circumstances before using your visas, such as:

· Family status (e.g. marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation, birth, adoption, death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member); or

· You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence

Failure to inform us of any of these changes may delay processing, may result in the cancellation of your immigrant visas, or may render you and/or your family members inadmissible to Canada. Failure to inform us of dependent family members during your application processing will permanently exclude them from later sponsorship in the Family Class.

Any changes that result in visa reissuance will incur a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge of CAD$30 for each visa that needs to be re-issued.

No reminder letter will be sent. You are requested to immediately act upon the instructions set out in this letter.

We wish you safe travels, and happiness and success in your new home in Canada!

Sincerely,

Immigration Section
My medicals expired on Sept 11.
They haven’t asked me to get another one done though there was a GU around Sept 25.
Should I be getting it done coz when they approve my file, I’m gonna need it anyway right?
Per my understanding, I can’t travel or even get PPR issued unless I have valid medicals. Isn’t it?

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019
Hi Guys,

I tried calling ircc on +18882422100 from text now app and no one is answering. The call is disconnected after 4 rings. Anyone facing the similar issue?

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
My medicals expired on Sept 11.
They haven’t asked me to get another one done though there was a GU around Sept 25.
Should I be getting it done coz when they approve my file, I’m gonna need it anyway right?
Per my understanding, I can’t travel or even get PPR issued unless I have valid medicals. Isn’t it?
They'll advise. I think they have discretion on this, but 99% they'll ask you to retake them. Wait for them to advise.