+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

mariana025

Oct 3, 2017
AOR - February 17 - PNP inland - no clue which visa office - no one will tell me
Hi r_fish
You're also pnp inland like me. I'm under NBPNP , my aor was on feb 19 and my last correspondence was on aug 21 asking for rprf. My file is in sydney.How's yours?

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello Guys, I see that this group is really supportive. I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!

DR: Nov 22, 2018
AOR: Feb 15, 2019 (Feb 14, got a pictures request, submitted the same day)
Medicals Request: May 14, 2019
Medicals Passed: Jun 01, 2019
Police Clearance Request: Aug 22, 2019
Pre Arrival Letter Received: Aug 23, 2019
Police Clearance Submitted: Sep 09, 2019
Background CRIMINALITY Passed: Sep 10, 2019

Background SECURITY: NOT STARTED

My question is... HOW LONG DOES THE SECURITY TAKES?, And if is normal that the status is NOT STARTED. Supposedly security automatically starts after criminality is cleared.

Note: I used to travel a lot, but touristic not dangerous countries, just the regular and touristic countries in Europe, South and North America. I've order GCMS notes and they trigger the Police Clearance, and I order new notes on Sep 5, 2019 hoping for the best for the official to update and pass to PPR. I've called in the last 2 weeks 4 times the IRCC Call centre and they told me that sometimes the officer just does not change the status and just jumps to PPR. (Security: Not Started)

PNP Paper Based Applicant (OINP) / INLAND / MEXICO / 1 Dependent / SYDNEY / All fees paid in advance

I'm kind of getting crazy with all this wait, knowing that is the last step, and not knowing how long does it takes. People has told me 2 days to 2 years. Do you know an average? What's your experience?

mariana025

Oct 3, 2017

My question is... HOW LONG DOES THE SECURITY TAKES?, And if is normal that the status is NOT STARTED. Supposedly security automatically starts after criminality is cleared.

Note: I used to travel a lot, but touristic not dangerous countries, just the regular and touristic countries in Europe, South and North America. I've order GCMS notes and they trigger the Police Clearance, and I order new notes on Sep 5, 2019 hoping for the best for the official to update and pass to PPR. I've called in the last 2 weeks 4 times the IRCC Call centre and they told me that sometimes the officer just does not change the status and just jumps to PPR. (Security: Not Started)

PNP Paper Based Applicant (OINP) / INLAND / MEXICO / 1 Dependent / SYDNEY / All fees paid in advance

I'm kind of getting crazy with all this wait, knowing that is the last step, and not knowing how long does it takes. People has told me 2 days to 2 years. Do you know an average? What's your experience?

We almost have the same timeline.
My latest correspondence is on aug 21 then pre arrival letters follows. I am also inland.
I called a mos before and today and they also said that everything is passed but security check is also not started. But i have hopes we'll get our ppr's before our remaining 8mos. Just need some proofs from those that are the same as us

Reactions: Franko72

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
We almost have the same timeline.
My latest correspondence is on aug 21 then pre arrival letters follows. I am also inland.
I called a mos before and today and they also said that everything is passed but security check is also not started. But i have hopes we'll get our ppr's before our remaining 8mos. Just need some proofs from those that are the same as us
Yes we need more people in the same situation. Just to see if the "Not Started" is something normal, but hopefully they are running the process. And have an idea on the processing time of that stage (security)

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019

I am getting tired of typing this every week. Security is an internal process. The officers most of the time don't update it. Like the agent said it is possible to PPR with the security status as not started. A normal security check can be completed in 2 days or maximum a week. My security status was "not started" 3 days before my PPR.
I don't know if security is supposed to start once criminality is cleared. Criminality doesn't involve anything other checking whether your PCCs are genuine, do they cover the entire duration of stay. Security is a long process that involves multiple steps carried out by different agencies, so it is not always in the control of the VO. For some one with a long travel history it could take longer than others to finish.

To answer to your questions

1. Security can take 2-7 days in normal cases. If you are in security screening it might take months, may be close to a year. Never heard of it taking 2 years, that sound like an exaggeration
2. It is normal for security to remain "Not started" Even minutes the final decision
3. Security is not supposed start right after criminality is passed, not even after info sharing is complete. Also there is no specific order in which they do different steps

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
@ZebaAli12
Even if you find out it’s in queue what difference will that make. There might be n number of people before you and if they decide not to process your file even when ur turn comes you can’t do anything...

Reactions: RBV2909

yaseerakapadia

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Hi All,

I had a ghost update yesterday.
And until yesterday, on my profile, under Medicals, it said passed on April 3. But today, it says, “you do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes”

AOR feb 11
As of Sept 20:
Criminality in progress
Eligibility in progress
Security not started
FSW Inland
Now back to my home country.

My question is, has anybody experienced change in medicals status like mine?
Or any inputs from the experienced members about it?

I got medicals done in late 2018 so don’t think they expired yet. Why would they replace the passed status saying I don’t need one?

Thank you

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I am getting tired of typing this every week. Security is an internal process. The officers most of the time don't update it. Like the agent said it is possible to PPR with the security status as not started. A normal security check can be completed in 2 days or maximum a week. My security status was "not started" 3 days before my PPR.
I don't know if security is supposed to start once criminality is cleared. Criminality doesn't involve anything other checking whether your PCCs are genuine, do they cover the entire duration of stay. Security is a long process that involves multiple steps carried out by different agencies, so it is not always in the control of the VO. For some one with a long travel history it could take longer than others to finish.

To answer to your questions

1. Security can take 2-7 days in normal cases. If you are in security screening it might take months, may be close to a year. Never heard of it taking 2 years, that sound like an exaggeration
2. It is normal for security to remain "Not started" Even minutes the final decision
3. Security is not supposed start right after criminality is passed, not even after info sharing is complete. Also there is no specific order in which they do different steps
Thank you very much, this is valuable information. How do I know if I'm under security screening?

Reactions: RBV2909

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Did anybody receive PR whose visa office is in Vancouver and AOR on FEB? The reason is most of the people who got PR are mostly processed in ottawa and montreal office. I didnot find any people who got PR and their file processed in Vancouver.
Seriously I can't find any details about this office, what is the Area 51 of the Visa offices?

Reactions: bhumikamehta6

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
I have a question:
On Sep 12th I have received a reply that my BF date was Sep 1st but my file is in queue to be reviewed ? Does this mean it won't be looked at before Oct 1st or I am in queue? Can't get It.
Not necessarily. We can assume that around the BF date they will check your file. But thats not always the case, sometimes they just assign a new BF date with out doing anything. My first 3 were postponed like this. However I got the PPR before the last one, so they might even pick your file up before the BF date.
In both case, there is only couple more days to Oct 1, let's see what happens

Reactions: Bunny Thapar