+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hey Guys

AOR 17 February 2019
3 days left to make 6months

So I spoke with a really awesome agent today. My total wait time was approximately 20mins.
She was as thorough as can be so I commended her.

She indicated that since I have 3 days left, she can not take any action (I am guessing- contacting an officer re: my application). She told me that I should call back mid September for an update. My application may take 7 months.

Note the following:
Eligibility: Recommended Passed
Medical: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not yet started.
She indicated that security will start only when my eligibility is confirmed as Passed.

Fingers crossed that I will have some good news soon. I hope this helps.
All the best.
We all will get PPR.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
I just called IRCC again, within 48 hours of the last call (Yeah, I am going crazy)
Main purpose was to find out why the agents told couple of other members (@CaCal ) that they will not send a reminder once the 6 month time frame is over.
The agent told me this is because of updates posted by the Visa Officer, apparently they have some sort of deadlines to follow before sending the reminder and the dead line changes as the application progress.
On 12-08-2019 the agent who spoke to me told me to contact them on 20-08-2019 if I don't get a result by 19-08-2019. He said there is a new update on my file because of which he believes my application will be finalised soon.
anyway my status on 12-08-2019 was
security - not started
eligibility - not started

Today the agent told me even I call them on 20-80-2019, they wouldn't able to send any reminder to the VO because of the new updates on the file. She told me, If I don't get any updates by 14 of september then I can call them and if the situation remains unchanged they will send a reminder to VO for sure. But if there is any new updates by the VO then they won't be able to do that.
Status as of today
Security - Not started
Eligibility - Recommended Pass ( aka Pass)

Now that eligibility is almost done, i hope they start with security soon and I don't to wait till September 14 for a result.
The agent said you will be in Canada shortly, let be so....:)
Good Luck to all, our time in near
Thanks for the info buddy. Heaps of pressure reduced from the shoulders.
Currently in the same situation as you.

Reactions: RBV2909

Jadedrio

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Which is your VO? Technically all of them could be true. My eligibility was Not started less than 48 hours ago, Now it pass. Just like that they might have started Eligibility after Ralph's office replied. Web form always says BG is under progress or review. Since your eligibility is started and BG is under review, it could mean than that your application is under the last review before the final decision.
Hope for the best :)
I am guessing that my VO is CPC Ottawa because my file is still there

Devkv

Jan 15, 2019
Hello Everyone...
Do we need to show the funds while first time landing at Canada?
what are the options available to show POF?
are FOREX PREPAID Cards accepted by CBSA as POF while landing in CANADA for the first time?

Please suggest the best option as per your opinion as well.

Thank you

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Whoa..amazing information. At least there is some visibility in what happens post 6 months.
It was awesome of you to call and acquire all this info. I guess most is us have some reasoning now to be patient.
Also, super happy to hear that your eligibility is done.
Now it's just a matter of days for your PPR!
Progresso on your file gives me hope!
Thanks mate! I couldn't resist after i saw your message :p

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Thanks for the info buddy. Heaps of pressure reduced from the shoulders.
Currently in the same situation as you.
Better than mine, security initiated. Be ready for the golden mail :)

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
I am guessing that my VO is CPC Ottawa because my file is still there
Well, I know few applicants who received emails from Ottawa, but they were all the same Emails, the Golden Ones. May be the emailed you as a reply to your enquiry or something. Anyway, all those communication contain positive news only, so no need to worry about which one is correct. Let's hope all of them are and you receive the good news soon :)

Reactions: Jadedrio

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Hello Everyone...
Do we need to show the funds while first time landing at Canada?
what are the options available to show POF?
are FOREX PREPAID Cards accepted by CBSA as POF while landing in CANADA for the first time?

Please suggest the best option as per your opinion as well.

Thank you
As per regulations they could ask. You should have proof of fund with you, no need to carry the entire fund. most officers (according my knowledge shared by my friends) only ask how much money do you have with you, they dont verify it especially cash. You can show PoF in any way you prefer, even the latest bank statement with money in your account will do, you can tell them you are going to wire transfer the money once you open a bank account. Plenty of people carry prepaid forex cards, so the might be acceptable, otherwise why would people chose that option. At the same time please check if you need to take a statement of the card with you. Most probably you should, otherwise how will they know how much money is there in the card?

Jadedrio

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Well, I know few applicants who received emails from Ottawa, but they were all the same Emails, the Golden Ones. May be the emailed you as a reply to your enquiry or something. Anyway, all those communication contain positive news only, so no need to worry about which one is correct. Let's hope all of them are and you receive the good news soon :)

Jadedrio

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
I hope so too. It's been a long wait, hopefully it will be over for all of us soon with positive news.

phoenixoreole

Nov 5, 2018
AOR Received.
13-02-2019
Hi Everyone,

I'm a Feb 13 AOR and I had emailed Ralph Goodales office (goodale@sasktel.net) two days ago but yet to receive a response. Seems they are pretty quick otherwise. Any idea what may be causing a delay? I haven't received a reply to the web form I raised either. With this radio silence from CIC just a little worried about the status of my application.