Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019

arora_sandy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
I just called IRCC again, within 48 hours of the last call (Yeah, I am going crazy)
Main purpose was to find out why the agents told couple of other members (@CaCal ) that they will not send a reminder once the 6 month time frame is over.
The agent told me this is because of updates posted by the Visa Officer, apparently they have some sort of deadlines to follow before sending the reminder and the dead line changes as the application progress.
On 12-08-2019 the agent who spoke to me told me to contact them on 20-08-2019 if I don't get a result by 19-08-2019. He said there is a new update on my file because of which he believes my application will be finalised soon.
anyway my status on 12-08-2019 was
security - not started
eligibility - not started

Today the agent told me even I call them on 20-80-2019, they wouldn't able to send any reminder to the VO because of the new updates on the file. She told me, If I don't get any updates by 14 of september then I can call them and if the situation remains unchanged they will send a reminder to VO for sure. But if there is any new updates by the VO then they won't be able to do that.
Status as of today
Security - Not started
Eligibility - Recommended Pass ( aka Pass)

Now that eligibility is almost done, i hope they start with security soon and I don't to wait till September 14 for a result.
The agent said you will be in Canada shortly, let be so....:)
Good Luck to all, our time in near
This is very useful information. So if we call on the designated dates then either the Agent should be able to send a reminder or inform about the new update on the File. Kudos to you man!!

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
I just called IRCC again, within 48 hours of the last call (Yeah, I am going crazy)
Main purpose was to find out why the agents told couple of other members (@CaCal ) that they will not send a reminder once the 6 month time frame is over.
The agent told me this is because of updates posted by the Visa Officer, apparently they have some sort of deadlines to follow before sending the reminder and the dead line changes as the application progress.
On 12-08-2019 the agent who spoke to me told me to contact them on 20-08-2019 if I don't get a result by 19-08-2019. He said there is a new update on my file because of which he believes my application will be finalised soon.
security - not started

Today the agent told me even I call them on 20-80-2019, they wouldn't able to send any reminder to the VO because of the new updates on the file. She told me, If I don't get any updates by 14 of september then I can call them and if the situation remains unchanged they will send a reminder to VO for sure. But if there is any new updates by the VO then they won't be able to do that.
Status as of today
Security - Not started

Now that eligibility is almost done, i hope they start with security soon and I don't to wait till September 14 for a result.
Hey @RBV2909 That is some good news .. :)

Reactions: RBV2909

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
He said he had no knowledge about the visa office. But he did send me an email where he told me the nearest local visa office and said you can them. :/
i am surprised .. i got to know my vo from the call center agent first and then later after applying gcms..
Try calling again and specifically tell them the purpose of the call is to know the visa office - might help

Good luck

davidsson3

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
13-02-2019
AOR Received.
14-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-04-2019
Passport Req..
28-10-2019
Hi Davidson, my AOR is same as yours , 14th feb. What is the status of your application?
Criminality:passed
Eligibility: RR (called 2 days ago and was told that my file is under review by an office but they cannot provide a timeline when it will be completed)
Security: Not Started

more details in my signature

Reactions: JoyForPR

Jadedrio

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Hi guys, sent an email to Mr Goodale and was told eligibility and background not started. Had earlier sent a web form and got a reply the very next day after Mr Goodale's email that eligibility has started and background check was being reviewed. The same day i got an email from CPC Ottawa that my application is on a que to be reviewed. So which am I to believe? And has anyone else gotten an email from CPC Ottawa?

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Hi guys, sent an email to Mr Goodale and was told eligibility and background not started. Had earlier sent a web form and got a reply the very next day after Mr Goodale's email that eligibility has started and background check was being reviewed. The same day i got an email from CPC Ottawa that my application is on a que to be reviewed. So which am I to believe? And has anyone else gotten an email from CPC Ottawa?
Which is your VO? Technically all of them could be true. My eligibility was Not started less than 48 hours ago, Now it pass. Just like that they might have started Eligibility after Ralph's office replied. Web form always says BG is under progress or review. Since your eligibility is started and BG is under review, it could mean than that your application is under the last review before the final decision.
Hope for the best :)

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
got a reply the very next day after Mr Goodale's email
Isn’t it possible that
a. Your inquiry to Mr Goodale pushed for movement in your file
b. Your file may have already been up for eligibility and background review but they sent the reply a day after Mr Goodale’s

So you can rest assured that you have gotten positive recent movement in your file and wait for the rest of the good news.

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
He said he had no knowledge about the visa office. But he did send me an email where he told me the nearest local visa office and said you can them. :/
That's weird. You try calling them again and ask them you want to know the office where your visa is processed, you might get a nice agent who will share the info with you or else you can raise a web form asking the same. They will reply to that but it might take a while, around 10-14 days

Reactions: kzeed12

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Isn’t it possible that
a. Your inquiry to Mr Goodale pushed for movement in your file
b. Your file may have already been up for eligibility and background review but they sent the reply a day after Mr Goodale’s

So you can rest assured that you have gotten positive recent movement in your file and wait for the rest of the good news.
a) sounds unlikely, if a message to Mr. Goodale's office can push the file then it would've happened to a lot of other people on this forum.
b) Its likely to happen

All those emails have good news, so like you said his good news is on the way.. :)

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
security - not started

Status as of today
Security - Not started

Whoa..amazing information. At least there is some visibility in what happens post 6 months.
It was awesome of you to call and acquire all this info. I guess most is us have some reasoning now to be patient.
Also, super happy to hear that your eligibility is done.
Now it's just a matter of days for your PPR!
Progresso on your file gives me hope!

Last edited: