Eddie410

Jun 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
23-02-2019
Med's Done....
10-04-2019
I got ghost update on my CIC profile today (application/profile updated) without any Email. im just wondering how long on average will it take to get any further update (another ghost / PPR ) after this GU ?

renju mukundan

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Guys I have a serious question!!!
My aor is on feb 20 th..
So far no updates...
In July 16 th got a email to submit IMM5406 and submitted that day itself.

So what do you guys think I’m on which stage ???
Like. Called them 4 to 5 times
They said i’m On background check or some say i’m On security check...

My only concern is would that be in background check or security check
As if it is background check then they have to verify all my documents, police certificate n it would take a long
Or is it with security check????
Any idea guys???
My eligibility and everything else is passed

renju mukundan

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
My aor is on feb 20 th..
So far no updates...

As if it is background check then they have to verify all my documents, police certificate n it would take a long
Any idea guys???
Only 19 more days to go for 6 months

Reactions: RDong

chaukserahul

Jan 4, 2019
Hi - I just got my visa and COPR today, and found a rather painful issue.
For both my daughters, their names are wrong. To illustrate, instead of surname: Tell and given name: William, both documents state surname: Tell and given name: "William Tell". Looking more closely at their particulars pages, I was horrified to see that the magnetic ink section (the one that goes P<INDxxxxxxxx) actually had exactly this wrong information for both passports. This is possibly a major issue - but in our ignorance we've used these passports to travel to several countries (Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Dubai and the US), without any issues.

I would like to get this rectified (either by getting new visa and COPR or getting the passports corrected first), but am not sure the best way to contact the IRCC is - all I can think of is the webform. I had no contact with the stamping IRCC branch (it's in Singapore, it took a month for the local VFS in Thailand to send it and get it back).

Can @legalfalcon or anyone with experience with similar issues suggest how to proceed?
Hi Aamool,
is this spelling mistake done from their end or your end ? if it is form their end then may be raising an online request will solve this issue.
In my case they misspelled my father's name on Biometric letter, I went for Bio and raised a request to update it on portal from their end.

Reactions: aamool

chaukserahul

Jan 4, 2019
I got my gcms notes yesterday. it is exactly matching with Online Portal status. No objections, no observations etc. Everything is green. the worst part in gcms notes is that, after 19th May there is no update noted in my file.
Visa office is Ottawa and I am FSW Outland from India.
as per notes :
eligibility, security not started
criminality and medical are passed
info sharing is complete

I guess just need to wait, 22 days remaining.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi Aamool,
is this spelling mistake done from their end or your end ? if it is form their end then may be raising an online request will solve this issue.
In my case they misspelled my father's name on Biometric letter, I went for Bio and raised a request to update it on portal from their end.
Thanks for the reply.

What kind of request did you raise - was it just the standard web request? Also, how long did it take to get a response?

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
My aor is on feb 20 th..
So far no updates...

Any idea guys???
My AOR is Feb 19 and I haven't received any updates after my BIL
I am not an expert in this, I am sharing the information I received while talking to CIC agents.

First of all Background check involves a number of steps such as Criminality, Security etc. So, if they say your BG is in process or your security is in process, technically it means the security part of your background check is in process. Some agent may say BG in progress and if you don't ask specifically which part of BG they won't say anything further.

Criminality mainly involves checking your PCC for its validity, nothing more. So if your PCC shows no criminal records, it covers the entire stay and is valid at the time of submission your criminality is pased
Security is where the in depth analysis happens and the other agencies comes into play. Unfortunately they didn't tell me the details of what happens at this level.

Now when it comes to verifying documents, it happens at all levels. For example Eligibility mainly involves determining whether you are really eligible for the program you applied under. So. all the documents related to that are verified at this level, Such as ECA, ESOL, Work experience, Is the NOC code correct, Does the selected NOC matches the given responsibilities etc. In the end the Officer decides whether you actually are eligible for the CRS score you claimed. Even if it comes down a bit, it wont be a problem as long as it is above the cut off of your ITA draw.
(Good For you, your eligibility is over, I am still waiting for them to start on it)

We can't say how long security will take, but that obvious. I have friends who got their PPR as FSW applicant with in second month of AOR and I Also know people who are still waiting after 9 months. When one of my friend called, he was told his security is yet to start, but he got his PPR in that week itself, which really makes me doubt the reliability of information we get from them.

The last agent I talked told me "Only 80% of applications gets processed within 6 months, the rest gets delayed" and he was very casual about it. According to him in the worst case scenario, it might take up to 10 months or a year.

We have two weeks and change left to the 6 months mark. Let's hope we get it before that.
Good Luck to all of us