>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
I’m so pissed off!
I spent 2 h on the phone to get through IRCC.
The first time I got a hold of an agent, she confirmed the security questions and put me on hold to get my file and the line got disconnected.
So after another hour I got through again, the agent said straight away, she can’t access my application because it is processed outside of Canada.

Is there really no way of knowing (except for GCMS notes) the status of application?

FSW-O
AOR Feb 1, 2019
Medicals passed
Biometrics submitted 28 Apr

I’m concerned about criminality check and that’s why I called because I submitted PCC for a country I lived in before, and then I went there for 3 weeks after PCC was issued. I’m scared my application will be rejected.
My country of residence is France so I assume it is processed in the Paris VO. Can I call them?

Vikesh Tanwar

Jan 12, 2019
Hi Folks,

Just confirmed with IRCC Agent. No progress after MEP on my Application with FEB 23 2019 - AOR. They asked for my address history(as i have lived in multiple countries in last 5 years) and RCMP Check which were submitted last month. But there has been no progress after that. Does any one has the similar timelines and can please update status here? Can somebody please guide if this is normal or what?

Thanks in anticipation!

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
I’m so pissed off!
The first time I got a hold of an agent, she confirmed the security questions and put me on hold to get my file and the line got disconnected.
So after another hour I got through again, the agent said straight away, she can’t access my application because it is processed outside of Canada.

Is there really no way of knowing (except for GCMS notes) the status of application?

FSW-O
AOR Feb 1, 2019
Medicals passed

I’m concerned about criminality check and that’s why I called because I submitted PCC for a country I lived in before, and then I went there for 3 weeks after PCC was issued. I’m scared my application will be rejected.
My country of residence is France so I assume it is processed in the Paris VO. Can I call them?
First off - hats off for your patience! I think calling for an update is often an unsatisfying experience. Based on what I've read about people's experiences, you sometimes get contradictory information a few days apart.At best you get to know which office is processing your visa.

As for your question about the PCC, the guideline states: "the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row." In your case, you haven't violated that - and I assume that you didn't list a residence in this country in your address or personal history. So you should be good to know. To give you more comfort (or at least company) - I had to collect my PCC from Vietnam in person. I collected it after the issue - so I visited the country after the date of issue. For Singapore, I collected it in person, so was in Singapore on the day it was issued. I think these situations are very common, and nothing to worry about.

Last but not least, I think you shouldn't hesitate to order GCMS notes. Admittedly they take some time (35 days I guess?) and cost a tiny bit of money - but it's the most comprehensive information you can receive, and bypasses interpretation by call agents who might be having a bad day. I'm at the halfway point now (AoR 7th Feb). I've ordered the notes - but more driven by wanting to do something and not having anywhere near the patience to spend hours on a phone :)

Bon chance!

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I’m so pissed off!

FSW-O
AOR Feb 1, 2019
Medicals passed

All three ways are mentioned in my sig.
Call you tried, try other 2 also.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I’m so pissed off!

FSW-O
AOR Feb 1, 2019
Medicals passed

First off - hats off for your patience! I think calling for an update is often an unsatisfying experience. Based on what I've read about people's experiences, you sometimes get contradictory information a few days apart.At best you get to know which office is processing your visa.

As for your question about the PCC, the guideline states: "the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row." In your case, you haven't violated that - and I assume that you didn't list a residence in this country in your address or personal history. So you should be good to know. To give you more comfort (or at least company) - I had to collect my PCC from Vietnam in person. I collected it after the issue - so I visited the country after the date of issue. For Singapore, I collected it in person, so was in Singapore on the day it was issued. I think these situations are very common, and nothing to worry about.

Last but not least, I think you shouldn't hesitate to order GCMS notes. Admittedly they take some time (35 days I guess?) and cost a tiny bit of money - but it's the most comprehensive information you can receive, and bypasses interpretation by call agents who might be having a bad day. I'm at the halfway point now (AoR 7th Feb). I've ordered the notes - but more driven by wanting to do something and not having anywhere near the patience to spend hours on a phone :)

Bon chance!
PCC check along with other documents are checked under R10 (document completion) check and is done at Central Intake Office (CIO) Sydney. R10 is usually passed/failed around medical passed date. Therefore, if you did not get an issue thus far, you should be OK.

The general rule is your PCC must be issued after your last visit to that country; this is true when you are submitting the application. After you submit the application, if you visit the country again, I am not sure if renewed PCC is required again.

That being said, PCC is very country specific and IRCC gives straight guidelines on how to obtain. So, please check their website and ensure everything is in accordance to that.

I would recommend both of you to order GCMS notes as that will give clear picture of your status. Then, Any corrective actions, if need be, can be taken proactively.

Reactions: knight17

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
PCC check along with other documents are checked under R10 (document completion) check and is done at Central Intake Office (CIO) Sydney. R10 is usually passed/failed around medical passed date. Therefore, if you did not get an issue thus far, you should be OK.

The general rule is your PCC must be issued after your last visit to that country; this is true when you are submitting the application. After you submit the application, if you visit the country again, I am not sure if renewed PCC is required again.

That being said, PCC is very country specific and IRCC gives straight guidelines on how to obtain. So, please check their website and ensure everything is in accordance to that.

I would recommend both of you to order GCMS notes as that will give clear picture of your status. Then, Any corrective actions, if need be, can be taken proactively.
I'm not sure I agree with your interpretation of PCC being issued after your last visit (as opposed to after the last period where you stayed for a continuous six months). Having said that, I wholeheartedly agree with you that ordering GCMS notes is the best way forward(I ordered them a while back, and it's one more thing for me to obsess about timelines:), but that's another story).

More importantly, I truly appreciate your taking the time to consider this and offer advice and an opinion. I must say that I've never really been a fan of online forums - but my experience with this community over the past several months has made me a believer. So thanks a lot for being a positive contributor here!

Reactions: nns14 and Jadedrio

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
Hi All, anyone still waiting for BIL with FEB AOR.

My spouse is the primary applicant and she got her BIL on 16th April and we completed it 2 days back.

Till today we did not receive the BIL for secondary applicant
Is BIL for Biometric Information Letter?

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
hello,just opened my account, application updated after logging in again back to application submitted. nothing has changed on my application. no ADR no update nothing. any thoughts?
That's a ghost update, could you please share you timeline?you can simply copy my signature format and fill in your information, if you are in IP2, then you will get your PPR soon!

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......

Bon chance!

Thank you both for your input.
I ordered GCMS notes last week, but they won’t come until mid June and I’ve seen several cases of rejection due to PCC and started freaking out.

I have made an appointment next Tuesday at the consulate to get a new PCC, so I’m contemplating whether I should go ( it’s in a different city, plus it takes 2 weeks) or at this point my criminality is passed...

According to legalfalcon, applications are generally transfered to LVO at the last stage, so I contacted Paris VO for an update but I doubt they will respond..

What are the chances that after 3,5 months they will reject application instead of sending ADR?

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Hello,

I checked my CIC account and it says that application / profile has been updated, but there is no change in any of the fields listed .

I did not get any email either.

Can anyone explain what this means ?
That is a ghost update, is this the first time that you are seeing this? This normally signifies that there is some background processing that has completed on your application.