+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Andrew30

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Update: Just logged into my account and it says I'm Approved!!! Background check moved to Completed today and Final Decision says "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."

Oddly enough there is no new message though. Maybe they're working on it right now? BRB having a dance party :)
Did you get email notification about any update? Or is it that you logged in the account without any hint and found the great news?

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
May 1st update:

AoR Feb 6th VO: Edmonton
Medical passed March 21st
Criminality passed March 26th
Eligibility passed March 26th
Security not started as of May 1st

I start to think they forgot about my application at some point haha

Jan 13, 2019
Did you get email notification about any update? Or is it that you logged in the account without any hint and found the great news?
No email notification. The latter...I login to my account every day at least once because A) I'm excited and B) I've caught ghost updates such as this a few times before. I still haven't received a message yet (and therefore no email). I'm betting I'll get an email by tomorrow morning or afternoon.

Reactions: Andrew30

Parmohan

May 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
I just joined the group.

My details are as
AOR - 07 Feb 2019
MEP - 23 Mar 2019

Thereafter no update for BIL.
Is it normal please guide.
Also how to know Visa office for my application.

Please need guidance for same.

Devkv

Jan 15, 2019
@legalfalcon Hello Sir.
Can you guide with estimated time (Number of Days) taken by CIC as of now for the applicant with dependents? I have submitted the details in February and the Biometrics are cleared last month on 19th April. When Can I expect the Final Decision? Thank you so much for your guidance.

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
May 1st update:

AoR Feb 6th VO: Edmonton
Medical passed March 21st
Criminality passed March 26th
Eligibility passed March 26th
Security not started as of May 1st

I start to think they forgot about my application at some point haha
in the contrary, i see your application is moving forward pretty well!!

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
I am posting this here, thought it maybe useful...

There are three different routes to check up on the status of your application with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly CIC). The first option is to call IRCC at 1-888-242-2100. The second option is to use IRCC’s e-Client Application Status online tool at IRCC’s website. The other route is to file a request to see your GCMS notes directly to IRCC. What are the differences between these two alternative routes? And what does GCMS mean?

CALLING IRCC AT 1-888-242-2100
The simplest way to check your status would seem to be calling IRCC at 1-888-242-2100, however that isn't really the case.

For one thing, it's quite hard to call this number if you are outside of Canada, as it's only available in North America.

But the real problem is that it's hard to get through. Here are the problems in order:

• When you call, there is a long, tiered menu system, so you need to know what you are calling about, not just what you are calling about but what IRCC calls the application you are calling about. If not, you may not find your way to an operator.
  • IRCC's call centre is often extremely busy so you can be on hold for hours and sometimes the system will just disconnect your call.
  • Once you do get through, you have to prove to the operator that you are who you say you are, so you'll need your UCI or application number, in addition to being able to answer certain questions about yourself (such as your birth date).
  • Once your identity has been confirmed, the call centre staff member will only be able to tell you the vaguest details about your file, such as whether or not it was received, whether or not it is being processed, or whether or not there has been a decision on your application (and if a document has been sent).
This experience regularly leaves people unsatisfied. So what other options are there?

There is another route to checking on your application’s status and that is to file an Access to Information and Personal Information Request to see what is called your GCMS notes. Let’s see what each of these terms mean and how you can do this:

• GCMS or Global Case Management System is the new integrated, worldwide electronic data processing system for IRCC that is replacing CAIPS and FOSS. For all visa and citizenship applications from June 2010, CIC (now IRCC) has been processing them on GCMS rather than CAIPS or FOSS. GCMS is designed to process applications both inside Canada and abroad so it is a single integrated system.
Before 2010, the system was split into two, called CAIPS and FOSS:

• CAIPS or Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System was the electronic data processing system that Canadian immigration offices outside of Canada used to process your visa application. CAIPS is now replaced by the Global Case Management System (GCMS) electronic data processing system which CIC (now IRCC) introduced in 2010. Files that were started on CAIPS remain on CAIPS, however. Your CAIPS Notes is an in-depth look at the notes visa officers or other immigration officials have made on your file. While some information is not available to you, it offers far more detail than IRCC’s e-Client system.
  • FOSS or Field Operations Support System was the electronic data system that has been used by Canadian immigration officials as well as customs officials within Canada to process applications, as well as having a data base that contains information on areas like medical information, personal data, lost and stolen documents and security-sensitive information. It too has been replaced by GCMS but FOSS notes remain on FOSS.
This means that, if your application was submitted before 2011, to obtain your file at IRCC under the Access to Information Act, you must request both your CAIPS & GCMS records, or both your FOSS & GCMS records. This ensures you get at the information that is available, as your file may be on either GCMS or CAIPS or FOSS. If your application is relatively new than it is likely to be on GCMS. If your application was initiated before 2011, then it is likely to be on CAIPS or FOSS.

Julys

Aug 2, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-02-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
I am posting this here, thought it maybe useful...

There are three different routes to check up on the status of your application with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly CIC). The first option is to call IRCC at 1-888-242-2100. The second option is to use IRCC’s e-Client Application Status online tool at IRCC’s website. The other route is to file a request to see your GCMS notes directly to IRCC. What are the differences between these two alternative routes? And what does GCMS mean?

CALLING IRCC AT 1-888-242-2100
The simplest way to check your status would seem to be calling IRCC at 1-888-242-2100, however that isn't really the case.

For one thing, it's quite hard to call this number if you are outside of Canada, as it's only available in North America.

But the real problem is that it's hard to get through. Here are the problems in order:

• When you call, there is a long, tiered menu system, so you need to know what you are calling about, not just what you are calling about but what IRCC calls the application you are calling about. If not, you may not find your way to an operator.
    • IRCC's call centre is often extremely busy so you can be on hold for hours and sometimes the system will just disconnect your call.
    • Once you do get through, you have to prove to the operator that you are who you say you are, so you'll need your UCI or application number, in addition to being able to answer certain questions about yourself (such as your birth date).
    • Once your identity has been confirmed, the call centre staff member will only be able to tell you the vaguest details about your file, such as whether or not it was received, whether or not it is being processed, or whether or not there has been a decision on your application (and if a document has been sent).
This experience regularly leaves people unsatisfied. So what other options are there?

There is another route to checking on your application’s status and that is to file an Access to Information and Personal Information Request to see what is called your GCMS notes. Let’s see what each of these terms mean and how you can do this:

• GCMS or Global Case Management System is the new integrated, worldwide electronic data processing system for IRCC that is replacing CAIPS and FOSS. For all visa and citizenship applications from June 2010, CIC (now IRCC) has been processing them on GCMS rather than CAIPS or FOSS. GCMS is designed to process applications both inside Canada and abroad so it is a single integrated system.
Before 2010, the system was split into two, called CAIPS and FOSS:

• CAIPS or Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System was the electronic data processing system that Canadian immigration offices outside of Canada used to process your visa application. CAIPS is now replaced by the Global Case Management System (GCMS) electronic data processing system which CIC (now IRCC) introduced in 2010. Files that were started on CAIPS remain on CAIPS, however. Your CAIPS Notes is an in-depth look at the notes visa officers or other immigration officials have made on your file. While some information is not available to you, it offers far more detail than IRCC’s e-Client system.
    • FOSS or Field Operations Support System was the electronic data system that has been used by Canadian immigration officials as well as customs officials within Canada to process applications, as well as having a data base that contains information on areas like medical information, personal data, lost and stolen documents and security-sensitive information. It too has been replaced by GCMS but FOSS notes remain on FOSS.
This means that, if your application was submitted before 2011, to obtain your file at IRCC under the Access to Information Act, you must request both your CAIPS & GCMS records, or both your FOSS & GCMS records. This ensures you get at the information that is available, as your file may be on either GCMS or CAIPS or FOSS. If your application is relatively new than it is likely to be on GCMS. If your application was initiated before 2011, then it is likely to be on CAIPS or FOSS.
Thank you very much for the information. So, how can someone from outside Canada get GCMS notes?

mav20

Mar 22, 2019
Update: Just logged into my account and it says I'm Approved!!! Background check moved to Completed today and Final Decision says "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."

Oddly enough there is no new message though. Maybe they're working on it right now? BRB having a dance party :)
Congratulations!!

Reactions: Murica2Canada2019

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Thank you very much for the information. So, how can someone from outside Canada get GCMS notes?
Two ways:
1- Ask a friend of yours resides in Canada to order one which cost 5$
2- Order through third party "i believe My Immigration Tracker website" is doing this service.

Good luck

PNP@EE

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
22/12/2018
AOR Received.
21/02/2019
Med's Request
22/04/2019 BIL done
Med's Done....
16/04/2019 passed
Anyone in Canada can order it for you for just $5.
Else you can use third parties
Hi

Just to clarifying

I am inland pnp cec

I ordered notes but it said I can apply for free through privacy act. Wat I did is correct. Pls reply