+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Mehulmod

Jul 22, 2018
Finally after 50 days just received MEP half an hour ago.

Also received biometric request for myself & spouse.

Hope the next big step of eligibility clears smoothly!

Reactions: bgrewalb and aamool

davidsson3

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
13-02-2019
AOR Received.
14-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-04-2019
Passport Req..
28-10-2019
Reactions: Piwee

Kk0391

Mar 25, 2019
Medicals passed and biometrics request received today evening..
Aor-Feb14th
Current residence - USA
Nationality - Indian

pepsbn

Oct 1, 2018
AOR: Feb14th
Just received an update email and it seems my application was canceled. The reason is my police certificate from Iran. It says "the certificate is not acceptable" (no further info) and I have no idea what this means. I submitted the original doc as well as its translation. Both docs are approved by the government and a certified interpreter!!! I can't understand what the problem is! any thoughts?

lk231188

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Just received an update email and it seems my application was canceled. The reason is my police certificate from Iran. It says "the certificate is not acceptable" (no further info) and I have no idea what this means. I submitted the original doc as well as its translation. Both docs are approved by the government and a certified interpreter!!! I can't understand what the problem is! any thoughts?
cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Write an email demanding explanation for cancellation to the above mentioned email ID. They usually reply in 2-3 weeks . Last time my application got cancelled due to incomplete documents and I requested them to reopen my case. Although they refused but atleast I got an e mail reply with a full explanation. Also raise a Case specific enquiry on CIC website. Hopefully you will get an answer.

Reactions: Nimrod

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Biometrics completed yesterday on 1-4-2019 . How long it takes to get an update regarding same.
I think it varies a lot - in the US it seems instantaneous. For me (in Bangkok), it took more than 10 hours to update (not sure when it happened as I gave fingerprints at noon, no update by 10 pm that night, saw the update next morning on my profile with no email).

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Well, I would say the things to check are:
1) Double check that you uploaded the right file (you can check the file name)
2) Check the spelling of your name, reference to identity document.
3) Confirm that you followed the country specific CIC instructions exactly (many countries have more than one type of clearance certificate - for example Vietnam has form 1 and 2, and sometimes you have extra requirements - such as some Australian provinces also require driving history for some reason)?
4) Did you upload a color scan that was unaltered?
5) Did you follow the date requirements? Off the top of my head, should be after the last day you lived there - if it's not your current residence. If it is your current residence, I think it must be less than 6 months old.

If you see no issues in the above, I think it's a good chance of human error - and you should do your best to challenge the decision.

All the best!

pepsbn

Oct 1, 2018
cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Write an email demanding explanation for cancellation to the above mentioned email ID. They usually reply in 2-3 weeks . Last time my application got cancelled due to incomplete documents and I requested them to reopen my case. Although they refused but atleast I got an e mail reply with a full explanation. Also raise a Case specific enquiry on CIC website. Hopefully you will get an answer.
Thanks very much. I've already submitted a ticket on the website. I'll also call them tmrw. It seems in the best case I lost 2 months. I don't even want to think about the worst case :(

pepsbn

Oct 1, 2018
Well, I would say the things to check are:
1) Double check that you uploaded the right file (you can check the file name)
2) Check the spelling of your name, reference to identity document.
3) Confirm that you followed the country specific CIC instructions exactly (many countries have more than one type of clearance certificate - for example Vietnam has form 1 and 2, and sometimes you have extra requirements - such as some Australian provinces also require driving history for some reason)?
4) Did you upload a color scan that was unaltered?
5) Did you follow the date requirements? Off the top of my head, should be after the last day you lived there - if it's not your current residence. If it is your current residence, I think it must be less than 6 months old.

If you see no issues in the above, I think it's a good chance of human error - and you should do your best to challenge the decision.

All the best!
Everything is ok. The name, color scan, format etc :( I submitted two certificates, one from England and one from Iran. The other one was accepted but the one from Iran is the problem. The only problem that I think about could be the date. The letter was issued in January and it was valid for one month" (all police certificates are only valid for 1 month - government rule). I submitted in that 1 month period but now the letter is not valid!