+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019
Going by a lot of posts I read here, for many applicants, the process is stuck for months until one day, they decide to pick a file and then things move fast. What didn’t get done in 6 months is accomplished in 2 days and the applicant gets the email!

Just sharing my observation, but of course by now, we all know there is no particular trend we can go by.

I’m just really glad we have a forum like this where we can talk to all those waiting, something we have in common. Keeps our anxieties in check and us more centered.

This too shall pass :)
Nowadays I'm experiencing sickness due to this. I quit my job around a month ago hoping for an email. But I received none. I'm on the verge of going into depression because of this:(:(:(:(

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Nowadays I'm experiencing sickness due to this. I quit my job around a month ago hoping for an email. But I received none. I'm on the verge of going into depression because of this:(:(:(:(
Oh no!!that wasn't the best idea. Once you get the email you'll have plenty of time to set your affairs in order. Try finding some short term work that will take your mind off of things

munindra

Jun 15, 2019
Hi Friends,

I am considering carrying CAD in a prepaid forex card. Bank is telling me the charges are only $2 per withdrawal. However, I have read over internet that actually total withdrawal charges are in the range of $5 - $7 per withdrawal. is it true? if yes then what is the best mechanism to carry money over there? My bank is willing to give a very good rate on conversion in case of forex card, 60 paise higher than forex card in case of wire transfer/dd etc. and Re 1.25 higher than forex card in case of cash conversion. Can someone help on this subject?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi Friends,

I am considering carrying CAD in a prepaid forex card. Bank is telling me the charges are only $2 per withdrawal. However, I have read over internet that actually total withdrawal charges are in the range of $5 - $7 per withdrawal. is it true? if yes then what is the best mechanism to carry money over there? My bank is willing to give a very good rate on conversion in case of forex card, 60 paise higher than forex card in case of wire transfer/dd etc. and Re 1.25 higher than forex card in case of cash conversion. Can someone help on this subject?
I think the optimum approach depends on what your goals are. If you plan to just use the forex card electronically (like a debit/credit card) and there are no transaction fees, the forex card makes sense. If you plan to use it to carry money to put in a bank in Canada - then any gains you get from the exchange rate can be wiped out by withdrawal fees (you're right that banks can impose additional fees for non-customer withdrawals). Do keep in mind that ATMs have withdrawal limits - you can do the math to see what works best for you.

In your place, I would either:
a) Just carry cash (in CAD), if it's not huge.
b) If I have more money, then take some in cash, then transfer the rest electronically

In both cases, it pays to shop around. Depending on where you live, there are probably quite a few options to change money and, depending on how much money you will convert, there may be some room to negotiate the rate a bit. For wire transfer, there are third parties who do transfers (I used Transferwise recently Singapore to Canada and found them good). You could always (if you have someone trustworthy in Canada) try a transfer for a small amount to make sure it works smoothly without your needing to be physically present in your home country.