+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

sea21

Aug 2, 2019
1. No. All applications are not processed completely in Canada. May be the initial steps are and later sent to respective VO.
2. Why don't you call them on +1 613 944 4000 using Google hangouts(wait time can be long, this is free) and ask them about your VO and other questions.
3. My application is being processed in Ottawa.
4. As per my knowledge( not that I am an expert), since you are in the US your application will be given first preference.
Whose number is that? I tried calling 1-888-242-2100 but the call doesn't go through because of some geo blocking that only allows calls from canada.

sea21

Aug 2, 2019
We are on same boat.
AoR 2 Feb MEP 15march biometric 27March
No update since then, have send CSE through webform , mailed Ralph and called IRCC twice.
Have ordered GCMS, waiting for them.
Current status
Elegibilty in process
Criminality passed
Security yet to be started
How do you know this detailed status? Mine says biometrics passed, medical passed but background is in process and nothing else.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
4 days to 6 months, no update since 29 March. GCMS shows Eligibility passed in April, criminality in progress and security not started.

Frustratingly, London is my visa office so I can't call for an update because the agents can't tell me.

I also have an issue where the person taking my biometrics incorrectly updated my country of birth from Scotland to England. I raised a CSE to point this out last week but no response as yet. This fact is really stressing me out.

I'm starting to look at other countries because this whole process is just getting me down and I don't know how long I can put my whole life (including relationships) on hold in anticipation of a move.

yuvilucky

Aug 1, 2019
We are on same boat.
AoR 2 Feb MEP 15march biometric 27March
No update since then, have send CSE through webform , mailed Ralph and called IRCC twice.
Have ordered GCMS, waiting for them.
Current status
Elegibilty in process
Criminality passed
Security yet to be started
Hey, if you are still waiting for the GCMS, can you tell me how did you the detailed status report?
Also what is Ralph's email id, if you can share?

avarics

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
I have received the 2nd gcms (ordered on 3 July early this morning, quite surprisingly as it arrived that early. (big clap for GCMSBuddy.) Unfortunately nothing new as compared to my previous one (order on 13 Apr). security and eligibility haven't been started yet. My AOR is 8Feb. Do you guys think they will look at my file when 6ms deadline is closer? anyone got into this situation?
I have the same CURSED AOR Feb 8.I'm in tnt same boat, here a crucial advice. Do not order more then 1 gcms notes. Just keep patience you will receive PR. I'm waiting too

Julys

Aug 2, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-02-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Ralph Goodale is a Minister in Canada, and helps us in providing updates on our application if we apprach his office through email.

I received gcms notes in 29 days.
Would you kindly share the email address to contact Ralph Goodale? Thank you.

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
My AOR is Feb 19 and I haven't received any updates after my BIL
I am not an expert in this, I am sharing the information I received while talking to CIC agents.

First of all Background check involves a number of steps such as Criminality, Security etc. So, if they say your BG is in process or your security is in process, technically it means the security part of your background check is in process. Some agent may say BG in progress and if you don't ask specifically which part of BG they won't say anything further.

Criminality mainly involves checking your PCC for its validity, nothing more. So if your PCC shows no criminal records, it covers the entire stay and is valid at the time of submission your criminality is pased
Security is where the in depth analysis happens and the other agencies comes into play. Unfortunately they didn't tell me the details of what happens at this level.

Now when it comes to verifying documents, it happens at all levels. For example Eligibility mainly involves determining whether you are really eligible for the program you applied under. So. all the documents related to that are verified at this level, Such as ECA, ESOL, Work experience, Is the NOC code correct, Does the selected NOC matches the given responsibilities etc. In the end the Officer decides whether you actually are eligible for the CRS score you claimed. Even if it comes down a bit, it wont be a problem as long as it is above the cut off of your ITA draw.
(Good For you, your eligibility is over, I am still waiting for them to start on it)

We can't say how long security will take, but that obvious. I have friends who got their PPR as FSW applicant with in second month of AOR and I Also know people who are still waiting after 9 months. When one of my friend called, he was told his security is yet to start, but he got his PPR in that week itself, which really makes me doubt the reliability of information we get from them.

The last agent I talked told me "Only 80% of applications gets processed within 6 months, the rest gets delayed" and he was very casual about it. According to him in the worst case scenario, it might take up to 10 months or a year.

We have two weeks and change left to the 6 months mark. Let's hope we get it before that.
Good Luck to all of us
Thank you for the detailed explanation, it helps a lot!

sharongeorge

Mar 22, 2019
4 days to 6 months, no update since 29 March. GCMS shows Eligibility passed in April, criminality in progress and security not started.

Frustratingly, London is my visa office so I can't call for an update because the agents can't tell me.

I also have an issue where the person taking my biometrics incorrectly updated my country of birth from Scotland to England. I raised a CSE to point this out last week but no response as yet. This fact is really stressing me out.

I'm starting to look at other countries because this whole process is just getting me down and I don't know how long I can put my whole life (including relationships) on hold in anticipation of a move.
Hi,

I had the same issue too with respect to biometrics and country on birth. Feb 9 AOR, FSW India. My country of birth is Oman on my passport and other docs but when the biometrics was taken for some reason they entered it as India instead. I too raised a web form and I also called them. They said it was a technical glitch and not to worry.
I haven't recieved my PR yet but I did get a ghost update 2 days back, so fingers crossed.
Dont worry about the biometrics error.... you're not alone in this.

Reactions: JoyForPR

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
@legalfalcon and other experts, please review and tell me if I anything to be concerned about. There have been no updates since 4/29 to my files based on the GCMS notes.

Security says not started but, on the 3rd page I have "s.16(1 )(c)"

Page2:
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Review Required
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: System Error
Other Reqs:

NOTES:
REVIEW TYPE: CASE PROCESSING AGENT APPLICATION: E0XXXXXXX REGULATION: PNP, 2019-02-13 have
reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained
in the file and note the following. RECOMMENDATION:*** OFFICER REVIEW REQUIRED***** Please Review
A11.2: Medicals: ALL VALID Ready to Finalize PNP Triage: Refer
to IR CIVIL STATUS: NO CONCERNS PA
A11.2 CRS ASSESSMENT: CRS Score at ITA: 1011
Min CRS Score for Round: 439 CRS Score at APR 1011 Total CRS Points Assessed: 961 ***600 - PROVINCIAL NOMINATION -Verified by CIO***

Thanks in advance.