19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
Masonb6888 said:
Ugh oh..
how new is this 10 page rule?
we sent in over 300 pages of pure fb/ text chat.

when we were filling out the paperwork, the only thing we saw that had a limit on it was photos (20).

Also for AOR2, since everyone saying it's when your local visa office receives the application?
I'm in BC, but did outland- US. So where would this local visa office be?
Hello,

Started Dec 15th 2017

300 pages sounds crazy, if I was a case office I wouldn't wanna look at your file :)
There is a US outland thread you might wanna check!

JoeRich

Apr 3, 2014
Toronto
Hi,

Can someone tell me how CIC requests for Background Info Schedule A?

My wife's sponsorship application reached CIC on Feb 23, 2017.
Got sponsor approval on Mar 15.

We linked the application. But we didn't get any request for Schedule A submission. When we login into the application, there is no "required" or "optional" document list. So there is no option to upload.

However ECAS status has a second line telling us to upload / submit required documents.

Appreciate any assistance.

Novel

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-04-2017
Passport Req..
Awaiting
JoeRich said:
Hi,

Can someone tell me how CIC requests for Background Info Schedule A?

My wife's sponsorship application reached CIC on Feb 23, 2017.
Got sponsor approval on Mar 15.

We linked the application. But we didn't get any request for Schedule A submission. When we login into the application, there is no "required" or "optional" document list. So there is no option to upload.

However ECAS status has a second line telling us to upload / submit required documents.

Appreciate any assistance.
This is very confusing for me too. So from looking through the forum I see from that applicants are typically asked to submit their schedule A and police certificates by uploading through GCKey?

Well late last night we received the following email requesting for documents:

Dear XXXXX(principal applicant),

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review.

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.
Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.
Ø If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).
Ø Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)
Ø If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.
For the principal applicant:
Ø If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). To avoid processing delays, we strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.

Please submit all the requested documents with a copy of this letter in a single package. If there are any documents you are unable to submit in your package, please include a detailed explanation.

All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

The above documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application. This may result in the refusal of your application.

Documents should be submitted by mail or courier to:

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
8/F, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay
Hong Kong
So I did what they said and mailed the hardcopy of everything listed above as early as I could this morning.

Is it the case that different visa offices work differently? Some of them prefer physical documents and others prefer uploads?
It is slightly awkward and counter-intuitive at the bottom of Schedule A where you are supposed to type your name as your signature... And then print it out physically for submission.
It seems fairly obvious that Schedule A was meant to be an uploaded document.

GCKey is still reflecting the same outdated status since we first managed to link it to the application.

Any ideas about this?

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Hi Everyone!

I received an email yesterday saying this: "We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor"

Do you know if this is Sponsorsorship Approval?

They told us to wait for their email which will instruct us to send the schedule A, they will send it after 5 days from the receipt of this letter.

What is the next step after sending the Schedule A?

Thank you!

Anna

JoeRich

Apr 3, 2014
Toronto
Novel said:
This is very confusing for me too. So from looking through the forum I see from that applicants are typically asked to submit their schedule A and police certificates by uploading through GCKey?

So I did what they said and mailed the hardcopy of everything listed above as early as I could this morning.

Is it the case that different visa offices work differently? Some of them prefer physical documents and others prefer uploads?
It is slightly awkward and counter-intuitive at the bottom of Schedule A where you are supposed to type your name as your signature... And then print it out physically for submission.

GCKey is still reflecting the same outdated status since we first managed to link it to the application.

Any ideas about this?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Maybe this is the process! Maybe someone who've received the mails / emails already can tell.

Can you tell when you submitted the application? And to which processing office you sent it to?

Thanks.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Tdot_Boy said:
Hello,

Started Dec 15th 2017

300 pages sounds crazy, if I was a case office I wouldn't wanna look at your file :)
There is a US outland thread you might wanna check!
Well, we have a contents lists that says what each tab is,
So ex. i believe we tabbed it C6- Text message history-(200 pages).
so if they want to look through it, they can. if not.... they don't have to.
we figured they can toss it if they want to.

Novel

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-04-2017
Passport Req..
Awaiting
JoeRich said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Maybe this is the process! Maybe someone who've received the mails / emails already can tell.

Can you tell when you submitted the application? And to which processing office you sent it to?

Thanks.
Hi JoeRich,

Our application was received on 6th Feb... to CPC Mississauga, like everyone else. The application has since been forwarded to the visa office in HK.

Good luck! :)

kumar13

Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
Doc's Request.
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017; AOR2: 20-05-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Med's Request
11-04-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Passport Req..
07-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2017
Tdot_Boy said:
Hey there,

We submitted Schedule A and PCC through the portal.

We received SA and File Transfer to VO.

Cheers
Thank you so much @Tdot_Boy -:) Could you tell how long it took since you uploaded to IRCC until you received any response ? Also, once they review the Schedule A does the current status of 'Decision made' for sponsor will change to approved & the file will be transferred to VO ?

Once again thanks for the support and time

d_heart_s

Feb 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Novel said:

Any ideas about this?
I would like to know about this as well - do you really have to send the Schedule A and police checks by mail?. I expect to get the docs request email soon (our app isn't going to HK visa office though).

Also, is that really how they ask for police certificates? You have to figure out for yourself which countries to get police checks from? Does this include Canada or not? In the guide they say "The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed" - would this be a separate email?

JoeRich

Apr 3, 2014
Toronto
Novel said:
Hi JoeRich,

Our application was received on 6th Feb... to CPC Mississauga, like everyone else. The application has since been forwarded to the visa office in HK.

Good luck! :)
Hi, thank you. We'll have to wait then.
Best wishes to you too!

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
20-03-2017... 3rd line...: 13-04-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
ankrish said:
Hi Everyone!

I received an email yesterday saying this: "We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor"

Do you know if this is Sponsorsorship Approval?

They told us to wait for their email which will instruct us to send the schedule A, they will send it after 5 days from the receipt of this letter.

What is the next step after sending the Schedule A?

Thank you!

Anna
Hello,
Congrats, that email was the Sponsorship Approval.
The PA will receive and email to like the application, some people managed to link it without receiving that email. Give it a go!
After submitting Schedule A you should expect another email informing you that your application has been sent to the Visa Office in XXXXXX

Thanks,

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
20-03-2017... 3rd line...: 13-04-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
kumar13 said:
Thank you so much @Tdot_Boy -:) Could you tell how long it took since you uploaded to IRCC until you received any response ? Also, once they review the Schedule A does the current status of 'Decision made' for sponsor will change to approved & the file will be transferred to VO ?

Once again thanks for the support and time
We uploaded Schedule A and PCC on Mar 02
Received Sponsorship Approval on Mar 10
Received Transfer to VO email on Mar 20
No, Decision Made means that you are approved as a sponsor, follow the Permanent Residence Status only

Check out my signature

alokvaid1

Jan 13, 2017
vaibhavshah45 said:
Hi Alok i have also uploaded my forms using IRCC web link but i am still waiting on my SA as its more than 15 days since i have recieved my AOR1.
Hello there, I'm not well versed with short hand language here. My bad.

Please tell me what is SA & what is AOR?

Can we call them & ask if they have received the documents?

We don't hired any representative and you can't call 1-800 # from outside Canada. What would be the best option to make sure they received it since the time limit is 30 days.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
alokvaid1 said:
Hello there, I'm not well versed with short hand language here. My bad.

Please tell me what is SA & what is AOR?

Can we call them & ask if they have received the documents?

We don't hired any representative and you can't call 1-800 # from outside Canada. What would be the best option to make sure they received it since the time limit is 30 days.
SA = Sponsor Approval

AOR = Acknowledgment of Receipt

PrinceOfPersia

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga/London
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017;SA Received.:06-03-17
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-03-2017;Med's Passed.:28-03-17
Passport Req..
14-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2017
If you're PR, is it okay to visit your spouse living outside of Canada when your file in process?
If yes, how long should you be allowed to stay outside the country? Is it okay to go out for about a month and half and come back?
I know you can go out of country if you're a Canadian citizen but how about people with PR card?

Can anyone please comment here?