+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

S.H

Sep 28, 2017
How often are the citizenship ceremonies added to the schedule? So far I don't see any dates for Scarborough region on the schedule website... What does that means ..? o_O

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!!!
My test is on Monday the 30th of Oct. if I passed the test I will have the oath ceremony same day at 1:30...I studied the book twice and practice the questions from citizenship support.ca more than 600 questions. I hope this will be enough. I am so worried...
If you have done good practice on those 600 questions from citizenshipsupport.ca then you don't have to worry anoit anything. I am sure will be fine.

Reactions: Raga10

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
How often are the citizenship ceremonies added to the schedule? So far I don't see any dates for Scarborough region on the schedule website... What does that means ..? o_O
Apparently the updates are weekly:
  1. This list is updated weekly.
  2. If you don’t see a ceremony listed for a province, territory, or city, check the Regional itinerant services page. There, you will find a list of additional ceremonies being considered in other areas.
  3. The times shown are the start times of the ceremonies. If you are going to the ceremony as a candidate to take the Oath of Citizenship, check your official invitation letter (Notice to Appear) for the location and the specific time you should arrive which could differ from the time listed on this page.
  4. Ceremonies are not all the same. Ceremonies that are "Open to the public" are subject to facility restrictions. In some locations/venues, the number of guests could be limited.

Kadoo5

Jul 22, 2017
Hello all
I have ten days to test.
Thecanadiantest.com is too hard and complicated. Is anyone use that site? Or should I just ignore it?

Sweet_Chin

Sep 18, 2017
Got it. It's been updated..
Could you please update my info:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 23, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 25, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on September 14, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 29, 2017 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on October 3, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 23, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on October 23, 2017.

Reactions: parisien

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Could you please update my info:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 23, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 25, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on September 14, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 29, 2017 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on October 3, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 23, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on October 23, 2017.
Congrats!!! Updated in the sheet.

Reactions: Sweet_Chin

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
anyone here didnt manage to attend the oath taking due to not in Montreal on the scheduled date.
i already informed IRCC and sent proof as per advice. Do they accept those reason? and how long does it takes for them to reschedule and send you invites again.
thanks

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hi I sent my husband's application recently - can you please add to timeline

App sent: Nov 3
Delivered : Nov 6
Office - Cambridge (or Kitchener may be) - not sure

Thanks