+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

bluezz

Jul 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cleared my test today. I live in downtown Toronto and my test was at Service Canada location next to Scarborough Town Center.
It was all pretty smooth. I was in and out in 90 minutes. Got 20/20 8)
They ask you to bring all the original documents but the officer only asked me for these : Passports, PR Card, 2 pieces of ID (Health card, Driver's licence) and Landing paper.
The only annoying part was when the officer sat for 15 minutes trying to find entry and exit stamps on my passport for my international trips (there were many) :p
At the end, they had the standard "You will get the oath letter in mail between 2 to 4 months" response.
Hope this info is helpful to someone :D

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
bluezz said:
Cleared my test today. I live in downtown Toronto and my test was at Service Canada location next to Scarborough Town Center.
They ask you to bring all the original documents but the officer only asked me for these : Passports, PR Card, 2 pieces of ID (Health card, Driver's licence) and Landing paper.
The only annoying part was when the officer sat for 15 minutes trying to find entry and exit stamps on my passport for my international trips (there were many) :p
At the end, they had the standard "You will get the oath letter in mail between 2 to 4 months" response.
Congratulations
8)

Kev787

Apr 19, 2017
Citizenship Application:
City: Surrey
App Sent: Feb 10, 2017
AOR: Feb 21, 2017
In Process: Feb 23, 2017
Test Invite:
Test Date:

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!!

bluezz said:

harpreetjohal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
march9
AOR Received.
March20
File Transfer...
In process march22
Med's Request
Fingerprints request April 13
dhillozcanada22 said:
I got fingerprint request - it was updated on ecas on March 29 and i received it in mail on March 31, 2017.
I completed my fingerprints on same day and will take 2-3 weeks to get it in the mail. I will send it to CIC as soon as i receive it.

:) Hopefully it will all be over soon !! Congrats to all who received test invite !
From where you got fingerprints done? Police station or private agency.Because my fingerprinting agency said that rcmp will send results directly to Vancouver.

jot

Star Member
Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2011
Nomination.....
14 Dec 2011
AOR Received.
7 March 2012
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
6 Feb 2012
Med's Request
7 March 2012
Med's Done....
13 March 2012
Interview........
N.A
Passport Req..
21 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
3 October 2012
LANDED..........
14 December 2012
Hi guys,

Cleared my exam today.It was easy just got 17 and passed it.I made some popos..lol
Good luck eveyone.Thanks to this forum for help from PR to citizenship.☺☺☺

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi guys- I'm just looking for some advice for my application.
Has anyone had to do a police clearance done from India..or any other country as a matter of fact? I am not sure I need one but I wanted to know if anyone could help me there.

I plan to apply on April 30, 2017, they need a police clearance done if in the last 4 years I have stayed in any other country for 183 days or more which means the period of April 30 2013- April 30 2017. I stayed from India 27th June 2012 to 5th June 2013. So I did stay 6 months in 2013 in India but only 2 months actually fall in the 4 year period.

So is it safe to say that I do not need a police clearance done from Indian consulate?

bluezz

Jul 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Noticed my application status on ECAS changed to "Decision Made"!
So excited :D

sarna99

Apr 10, 2017
Is anyone from Alberta still waiting for test date ? Please share your timelines. People from March have started getting test dates.

sarna99

Apr 10, 2017
Please help with an address issue on Ecas. The mailing address on Ecas was not mentioned on my application. I have updated it online and it's been 15 days. It is still not updated on Ecas. Cic call centre says that they have my correct address on file. It is very frustrating. Please suggest what I should do. Please help.

walktheline

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
sarna99 said:
Is anyone from Alberta still waiting for test date ? Please share your timelines. People from March have started getting test dates.
Appears Edmonton office and Calgary office are in total different direction. Edmonton office looks very efficient, but Calgary office looks total mess, all Feb applications are stopped without any progress, while March applications are getting invites and most January applications even finished their interviews.

KimM

Jan 30, 2017
sarna99 said:
Please help with an address issue on Ecas. The mailing address on Ecas was not mentioned on my application. I have updated it online and it's been 15 days. It is still not updated on Ecas. Cic call centre says that they have my correct address on file. It is very frustrating. Please suggest what I should do. Please help.
If CIC has your correct mailing address then I wouldn't worry if I was you. From my understanding ecas can be very slow to update but as long as CIC has the correct address I don't think there should be a problem.

sarna99

Apr 10, 2017
Anyone from Calgary or Edmonton office still waiting for test invite ? People from March and April have started getting test invites.

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
sarna99 said:
Anyone from Calgary or Edmonton office still waiting for test invite ? People from March and April have started getting test invites.

My office is Edmonton.
No test invite as of yet.
What's your timeline