+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wowww!!

It's nice to see in spreadsheet that two Feb applicant received their AOR..

Hopefully CIC will co-operate with Feb applicants and send us AOR soon..

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Hi fellow February applicants. What did you state for 2016 tax filing? Did you leave it blank and attach a page with explanation that the tax return will be filed within a month or so?

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I mentioned that for 2016 tax has to be filed yet.

for 2016

Tax filed -- No
Required to file -- yes

FAND4

Jan 27, 2017
alexchristi said:
Our family application was received on February 1st by M.KRSZWDA.

Now that new waiting game starts all over. This time less stressful, we are already here. 8)
Our application was received by the same person M.KRSZWDA on Feb. 1st as well. Hope you get AOR this coming week.

Good luck for all of us!

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fixed the formatting for you guys on the feb. sheet.
hope you keep it nice and tidy.

younes123

Nov 23, 2015
Hi guys,

CRA will open e-file for personal return on February 20, 2017.

I'm an accountant & tax e-filer, questions are welcome!

Raga10

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexchristi said:
I just applied a few days ago, and I was told that it is a good idea to have a 20-30/days buffer on top of the 1460 days requirement.
Just trying to avoid later delays in the process.

All this being said, you are leagaly Ok to apply, but you could encounter some extra scrutiny down the road.
OK i will send my application on the 14th, i will give it one week buffer. Can i pay the fees now or it has to be on the same date of the application. thank you so much!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Raga10 said:
OK i will send my application on the 14th, i will give it one week buffer. Can i pay the fees now or it has to be on the same date of the application. thank you so much!
u can pay the fees now, no issues.

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Hello, my application was delivered today 6.2.2017. Shipment delivered to MIKE at: RECEPTION

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Please I need everyone's advice.

I've been eligible to apply under the current(Harper) citizenship law for 4 months now but I was waiting in hopes bill c6 would be done soon.

My main concern is about "intention to reside" clause as I heard from a friend that another friend of his (Syrian) had his case refused during the interview since he visited his family for 1 week vacation in Dubai. This guy has a small business here, employs 10 Canadians and still got rejected on the grounds that the officer wasn't convinced he intends to stay. Now he got RQ and needs to submit lots of papers.

I'm Egyptian and I visit my father/mother in Egypt every 6 months or so and this has me very worried I will be rejected based on this.

Does anyone in the forum have experience with this issue of "intention to reside"? I am debating if I should start applying now or to continue waiting for c6 for a few more months.

Thank you!

Raga10

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EddyIT said:
Hi all,

I've been eligible to apply under the current(Harper) citizenship law for 4 months now but I was waiting in hopes bill c6 would be done soon.

My main concern is about "intention to reside" clause as I heard from a friend that another friend of his (Syrian) had his case refused during the interview since he visited his family for 1 week vacation in Dubai. This guy has a small business here, employs 10 Canadians and still got rejected on the grounds that the officer wasn't convinced he intends to stay. Now he got RQ and needs to submit lots of papers.

I'm Egyptian and I visit my father/mother in Egypt every 6 months or so and this has me very worried I will be rejected based on this.

Does anyone in the forum have experience with this issue of "intention to reside"? I am debating if I should start applying now or to continue waiting for c6 for a few more months.

Thank you!
Well, you case will never reject because you visit your family for a few weeks in the year. My husband got his citizenship with your same circumstances.

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Raga.

Did they cause any issues during your husband's interview regarding his travels? Or was the process smooth and quick?

I was hoping bill c6 would be ready by now but its moving super super sloooow in senate

younes123

Nov 23, 2015
EddyIT said:
Hi all,

Thank you!
Maybe your Syrian friend has UAE residency visa on his passport. Visiting family for a week or even month should not hurt your application.

Raga10

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EddyIT said:
Thanks Raga.

Did they cause any issues during your husband's interview regarding his travels? Or was the process smooth and quick?

I was hoping bill c6 would be ready by now but its moving super super sloooow in senate
Everything was quick and easy very smooth! no worries!