+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

GILL1445

Feb 6, 2017
HAI I GOT AOR ON 10 JAN I RECEIVE IT BY EMAIL
TODAY WHEN I CHECK MY STATUS IT SAY WE REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS ON 27 JAN
BUT I DO NOW I DONOT RECEIVE ANY EMAIL FROM THEM

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GILL1445 said:
TODAY WHEN I CHECK MY STATUS IT SAY WE REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS ON 27 JAN
You will most likely receive regular mail in the next few days specifying what documents are requested. Often it is just finger print request.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GILL1445 said:
didn't yo uapply in December? how come you answer this question on the feb. thread?
also when did you go to IP?

younes123

Nov 23, 2015
GILL1445 said:
When did you apply?

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
younes123 said:
Maybe your Syrian friend has UAE residency visa on his passport. Visiting family for a week or even month should not hurt your application.
Good point Younes123...maybe he did have UAE residency (I don't have the full information unfortunately) but that would definitely be a strong reason to be suspicious of intention to reside in Canada.

In all cases, I just read on another page in this forum that C6 will be discussed in the committee this month which is great news: https://twitter.com/ratnaomi/status/828288794709352451

That actually raises a question. What if we apply for citizenship and then C6 becomes law soon while our application is still processing. Will the new (better) rules be applied to us or will they only be applied to applications submitted AFTER it becomes law?

Thanks

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent the application Yesterday.
waiting period started.
Good Luck for all of us Guys.

younes123

Nov 23, 2015
EddyIT:

After senate the bill should go for royal assent, i think it will take time, if you apply now, you may get your approval before c6 is enacted.

younes123

Nov 23, 2015
Guys:

Can someone upload a google spreadsheet for this thread (February 2017 - Citizenship Applicants)

It is an excellent way to see progress for all applicants in one place

Thanks

Papaella

Jan 4, 2017
Somehow I am not allowed to post links or URL's. If you look in page 3 of this thread you will find the link!

Guys, I sent my application today but I am a bit worried; I re-read the Confirmation of Permanent Residence. The one you receive when you for your first PR card and to my grand surprise it has an expiration date... Mine expired last April so it's not valid anymore. I included this document in my application.

Will I get refused because of this?
Does the expiration date matter for this document?
My first PR card is still valid so I am not sure how was I supposed to get another Confirmation of Permanent Residency...

Please share any insight

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Papaella said:
Somehow I am not allowed to post links or URL's. If you look in page 3 of this thread you will find the link!

Guys, I sent my application today but I am a bit worried; I re-read the Confirmation of Permanent Residence. The one you receive when you for your first PR card and to my grand surprise it has an expiration date... Mine expired last April so it's not valid anymore. I included this document in my application.

My first PR card is still valid so I am not sure how was I supposed to get another Confirmation of Permanent Residency...

Please share any insight
no issues.

younes123

Nov 23, 2015
Papaella said:

Please share any insight
I just checked my IMM5292, yest it has expiry date which 2011.
I renewed my PR in 2014, no issue at all.

Raga10

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I went to the USA for a weekend get away so basically only one day there, i drove - but my passport didn't stamp on either way. should be an issue? please help.

thank you,

Papaella

Jan 4, 2017
Thank you guys for the insight! Much appreciated

Hi everyone,
I went to the USA for a weekend get away so basically only one day there, i drove - but my passport didn't stamp on either way. should be an issue? please help.

thank you,
I think that as long as you disclose it properly and maybe have something that proves that you stayed only a weekend, you will be fine.