Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
rsomiyani said:
Few questions regarding filling application.

1. Landed in Toronto Oct 2012, paid advance rent for a basement in Brampton till Dec 2012. I got job in Ottawa and moved in the last week of November. When I moved from Toronto to Ottawa, I stayed at a friend's place for week as guest before I found an apartment to rent (Starting Dec). Should I mention friends address in the application?

2. I became PR in Oct 2012 and filed tax for that year. Oct to Dec 2012 doesn't make 183 days, but subsequent years does meet 183 days criteria. 2016 tax yet to be filed. So tax returns for 2012 will be taken into account?

3. Application to be sent Sydney,NS address of CIC?
I will answer your questions based on my experience:

1. I would mention every address including your friends address. More so if you received some mail at this address (official or not).

2. I landed on December 8th 2012 and filed tax returns for 2012. The tax return condition and the residency condition are independent.

3. Please see form CIT 007 E - checklist. At the bottom of the page you have two mailing addresses (depending on what mail service you will use)

8)

rsomiyani

Feb 11, 2017
Alex,

Thanks again for your quick reply.

I haven't received any mail(s) when I was at my friends place.

I am thinking better to mention it. Only problem will be if immigration officer asks for any "proof of residency" for my stay at friends place.

Papaella

Jan 4, 2017
Congrats to those who received the AOR! Hopefully, we will all get a speedy process.

Talking about process, can anybody shed light on how the cases are being selected? And processed?

I thought selection was made on a first come first serve basis but it seems not. For instance, my cousin and I sent our application from the same post office, at the exact same time and he already received his new PR card (10 days ago) while mine is still in process. One could argue that it depends on the difficulty of the case; however my case and my cousins are almost replicates... So this argument does not really hold.

So how does the CIC select the application to process first? Randomly?

In terms of process, how does it work exactly? Does each province has an allocated number of agents that take care of the applications?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

canmr

Dec 30, 2016
Papaella said:
Congrats to those who received the AOR! Hopefully, we will all get a speedy process.

Talking about process, can anybody shed light on how the cases are being selected? And processed?

I thought selection was made on a first come first serve basis but it seems not. For instance, my cousin and I sent our application from the same post office, at the exact same time and he already received his new PR card (10 days ago) while mine is still in process. One could argue that it depends on the difficulty of the case; however my case and my cousins are almost replicates... So this argument does not really hold.

So how does the CIC select the application to process first? Randomly?

In terms of process, how does it work exactly? Does each province has an allocated number of agents that take care of the applications?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Though not official reference or from validated source, what I inferred from looking into google sheets being entered with processing details:
1. Every officer might have got assigned with one or more cities, towns or areas depending on size.
2. It is personal preference to select single applicant packages (small packages) over family applications (larger packages) more frequently due to simplicity (as date of receipt is not strictly followed )

canmr

Dec 30, 2016
rsomiyani said:
Alex,

I am thinking better to mention it. Only problem will be if immigration officer asks for any "proof of residency" for my stay at friends place.
It's necessity to mention your friends address of your stay (including postal code) with exact date range.
If you don't have any postal mail or shipping package received at this address on your name during this time, try to add these days to your buffer over 1460 days. If you don't add these days in buffer, you may consider getting a letter from your friend certifying your stay there.

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
rsomiyani said:
Alex,

Yeap, an affidavit would work.

rsomiyani

Feb 11, 2017
Thanks canmr,

I became eligible on 18-Jan for citizenship. Today being 11-Feb, this would cover me for that 1 week? Just in case if I cannot arrange a letter/affidavit

canmr

Dec 30, 2016
rsomiyani said:
Thanks canmr,

I became eligible on 18-Jan for citizenship. Today being 11-Feb, this would cover me for that 1 week? Just in case if I cannot arrange a letter/affidavit
Yes. That's decent buffer to cover this, just in case. If your absences are matching with CBSA report, you should be just fine with this buffer if your case is straight forward.

saima_huz

Feb 7, 2017
Hello everyone, i am new to the forum

Soon Me and my family will apply for Citizenship, we are waiting for 2016 Tax return. My question is we have lived in 3 different Provinces in 4 years, so because of that there will be a problem or delay in our Citizenship process?

I will appreciate your answers
Thank You

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

All the documents are ready and we are set to apply but my wife HC has expired :(
We have applied last week for HC, but it will take 4 weeks to arrive.

Do we need to wait for HC as she does not have a DL.?

Any advice

Thanks

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excitement of applying citizenship.

I ordered Discover Canada book online last week and it has arrived today.

Application was received by CIC on Feb,03,2017 but still did not get AOR.

Hopefully CIC will understand my excitement and will process application on time. :p
Congratulations to those who got their AOR on time and early.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Alongwith the book, make sure u do the online quizzes too for better preparing.

bluezz

Jul 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Count me in!
After patiently waiting for 2 weeks to add some buffer, I finally mailed my application today.

p.s. Happy Valentines Day y'all :D

Raga10

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have mailed my application today after one week buffer. Good luck to all of us!

younes123

Nov 23, 2015
My application was received on Feb 3, 2017
Today, Feb 15, I got an email from CIC acknowledging receipt.

Good luck everyone.