None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Mehul-06022014 said:
Got my Passport back today....so almost done.
Going for a border crossing very soon.... :) :) :)

Congrats again buddy!

lacuna1982

Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2014
Nomination.....
07-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2014
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
I phoned CIC on Feb 11 and agent said that my file has been approved and that they'll get back to me very soon. She even congratulated me. After one month of waiting I decided to phone again and this time agent wasn't so nice like last time. She told me that my file is in process. I told her what agent told me when I first phoned and she said that she can't see that and only thing that she can tell me is that my file is in process.
I was so happy after I phoned first time but now I don't know what to think and when I might get PPR request email.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lacuna1982 said:
I phoned CIC on Feb 11 and agent said that my file has been approved and that they'll get back to me very soon. She even congratulated me. After one month of waiting I decided to phone again and this time agent wasn't so nice like last time. She told me that my file is in process. I told her what agent told me when I first phoned and she said that she can't see that and only thing that she can tell me is that my file is in process.
I was so happy after I phoned first time but now I don't know what to think and when I might get PPR request email.
The exact same thing happened with me...similar dates as well. Its so weird. One thing is sure that the first agent was correct, because I was able to verify that with the GCMS notes about my application.
But ya...no idea about the wait.
I have this theory ( and it could be completely wrong) - I think for the applications that are approved close to the medical expiry date, they are sent to some kind of process unit for extending medicals or requesting new medicals, hence the delay in PPR.

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
I guess the take from your individual stories is that we should not believe whatever the call centre agent says...just wait till you get PPR.....hmmmm ??? ::) :-[

lylecarlisle

Feb 1, 2014
vermanaman said:
The exact same thing happened with me...similar dates as well. Its so weird. One thing is sure that the first agent was correct, because I was able to verify that with the GCMS notes about my application.
But ya...no idea about the wait.
I have this theory ( and it could be completely wrong) - I think for the applications that are approved close to the medical expiry date, they are sent to some kind of process unit for extending medicals or requesting new medicals, hence the delay in PPR.
I'm not sure if this helps, but I called an agent and asked if they'd received my medics and was told "yes". I then asked what happens if my medicals expire, as they are due to in April and was told by the agent "your medicals were due to expire, but I can see they've extended the validity by 12 months to allow processing".

I'd previously hoped that they were pushing to trying to process and approve applications before medicals expire, as requiring hundreds of new medicals would only add to their backlog and wait times. However, if medics are extended then this does not seem to be relevant - they are buying themselves a few extra months.

I can't find the official wait time for CIO NS online, but Ottawa says 17months. Surely that means we could be waiting until June/July?

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
mubashirathar56 said:
how much time do they usually allow for border crossing ??
It depends - i've heard some people only got 2 months, we had 9 months ( jan 2016) - if you are given a lot of time and don't need to flag poll right away, just go to the local office to become PR. Otherwise if you're in a rush or impatient like a lot of us then flag poll :D

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lylecarlisle said:
I'm not sure if this helps, but I called an agent and asked if they'd received my medics and was told "yes". I then asked what happens if my medicals expire, as they are due to in April and was told by the agent "your medicals were due to expire, but I can see they've extended the validity by 12 months to allow processing".

I'd previously hoped that they were pushing to trying to process and approve applications before medicals expire, as requiring hundreds of new medicals would only add to their backlog and wait times. However, if medics are extended then this does not seem to be relevant - they are buying themselves a few extra months.

I can't find the official wait time for CIO NS online, but Ottawa says 17months. Surely that means we could be waiting until June/July?
This kinda aligns with what i had said previously.The thing is that they have to extend medicals not just for processing but to give you enough time to complete landing. Remember, your medicals must be valid at the time of landing.
So if they know that we will not be able to land by April (which is exactly our case)...they extend the medicals. My thinking is that, even the process of extending medicals takes a couple of weeks and only after than our file can be placed in queue for PPR email, hence the extra wait.

I think we should all call CIC once a week and share what they say here to get the latest info.

Also i really dont want to wait till June, coz that means you cant travel even to US until July.

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
lylecarlisle said:

Hey Buddy,

From what I was made to understand, you cannot get PPR if the validity of your medical is less or equal to 1 month. This is because when you send your passport to Ottawa for visa stamp, it can take up to 3 weeks and sometimes 4 weeks to get it back. If by the time the passport is returned to you and your medical has expired there is no way you can land because the law clearly states that as at when you are doing your landing your medical must be valid. Hence the reason for medical extension or redo as the case maybe.

leazy

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 1st 2014
Nomination.....
January 8th 2014
AOR Received.
March 6th 2014
IELTS Request
n/r
File Transfer...
March 6th 2014
Med's Request
March 6th 2014
Med's Done....
April 2nd 2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since 01/2012
delgado77 said:
Hey Buddy,

From what I was made to understand, you cannot get PPR if the validity of your medical is less or equal to 1 month. This is because when you send your passport to Ottawa for visa stamp, it can take up to 3 weeks and sometimes 4 weeks to get it back. If by the time the passport is returned to you and your medical has expired there is no way you can land because the law clearly states that as at when you are doing your landing your medical must be valid. Hence the reason for medical extension or redo as the case maybe.
I got PPR on 3/3/15 and my medicals expire 2/4/15. So that's less than a month. I'm starting to panick now, if I don't get COPR soon I won't be able to do my landing in time. I can't redo my medicals since I'm pregnant. So frustrating! Really hope they extend my medicals but no word on it yet.

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leazy said:
I got PPR on 3/3/15 and my medicals expire 2/4/15. So that's less than a month. I'm starting to panick now, if I don't get COPR soon I won't be able to do my landing in time. I can't redo my medicals since I'm pregnant. So frustrating! Really hope they extend my medicals but no word on it yet.
If you lived in Canada for the last 2 years, they will extend your medicals for 3 months. I've seen they extended people's medical's for 6 months. But that's mostly special occasions. Usually, it's just 3 months.

sahap

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
SpoonRaccoon said:
If you lived in Canada for the last 2 years, they will extend your medicals for 3 months. I've seen they extended people's medical's for 6 months. But that's mostly special occasions. Usually, it's just 3 months.
My medical was extended for one year till 2016

pgy

Dec 2, 2013
Certificate received - wahoo! The wait is finally over...

Just wondering, does anyone know if with my next immediate trip across the border I have to flagpole? I have an upcoming trip across the border with little time to do the processing when I return to Canada. Should I take my paperwork with me anyway just incase? I guess my details will come up when they scan my passport regardless... Or can I wait till another proceeding trip across the border?

Thanks in advance.

angelstamaria

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cio nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 14 2014
Nomination.....
12-16-2013
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
04-16-2014
lylecarlisle said:
That's what I got told, too!
hi there!! how did you know that your medical was extended. ours will expired on april 16 too. permit expires april 8 still in process. but already apply for new extension of permit. waiting time would be almost 2 mos though.:( did you phoned them to know if your medical will be extended?