12-16-2013
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
04-16-2014
liisa227 said:
Not to cause concern or anything, but take notice that concealing your pregnancy/giving birth might get you in trouble with CIC later on. Obviously they won't check up on you after getting your PR or anything like that. But if you eventually apply for citizenship for example, when they do all their background checks they can see in your file that you hadn't told them about your child earlier, and something like that can be considered immigration fraud. So please tread carefully.
thanks for the advice liisa maybe tom or on thurs i will phone them and ask for our medical expiry i will inform them too about my pregnancy and when will i give birth.. maybe they will ask me to send a letter from my obgyn confirming my due date. fingers crossed hope to have all our ppr by this week now

RasMac

Mar 12, 2015
Hi angelstamaria,

May I ask if you applied for an open work permit on your own? Or did you apply through a consultant? My medical will expire on March 29th and I have 3 dependents. My work permit expires in May & with the uncertainty of when to receive a decision from CIC, I am planning to apply for an open work permit by next week. Appreciate your thoughts.

Sharing my timeline for your interest.

Feb 24, 2014 - Application received
March 29, 2014 - Medicals completed
June 9, 2014 - Email confirmation that medicals and landing fee payment were received
Oct 8, 2014 - Email advise that application is awaiting review by an officer
Dec 2, 2014 - Email advise that application is still under review

Thanks!

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevinszeto said:
Do you guys have any experience for that ??

No ppr, but I receive the CPR letter today
Hong Kong is visa exempt to Canada, hence they will not ask you for your Passports. Did do however ask for your passport copies and photos i think...did you submit these earlier?
If so, they would have sent you the COPR directly.

roadtocanada2014

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Hi Guys.. can someone please tell me what all documents do I need to take for landing ? I am from Nea Zealand.. will my Passport and COPR be enough ? I am already in canada

Manjot chahal

Jan 21, 2014
Hey i just got IN PROCESS this week

Here my timeline

App filed in CIC march 24,2014
Medical done april 26,2014
RPRF fees paid on june 16,2014
IN PROCESS march 11,2015
DM --------
PPR -------

Will hope get DM & PPR soon....
All the best rest of guys too....

akapoor

Nov 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 03,2014
roadtocanada2014 said:
Hi Guys.. can someone please tell me what all documents do I need to take for landing ? I am from Nea Zealand.. will my Passport and COPR be enough ? I am already in canada
And your current work permit.

angelstamaria

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cio nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 14 2014
Nomination.....
12-16-2013
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
04-16-2014
RasMac said:
Hi angelstamaria,

May I ask if you applied for an open work permit on your own? Or did you apply through a consultant? My medical will expire on March 29th and I have 3 dependents. My work permit expires in May & with the uncertainty of when to receive a decision from CIC, I am planning to apply for an open work permit by next week. Appreciate your thoughts.

Sharing my timeline for your interest.

Feb 24, 2014 - Application received
March 29, 2014 - Medicals completed
June 9, 2014 - Email confirmation that medicals and landing fee payment were received
Oct 8, 2014 - Email advise that application is awaiting review by an officer
Dec 2, 2014 - Email advise that application is still under review

Thanks!
hi rasmac yup we did applied on our own. its our 2nd time now for bowp. last year we did applied to and it was approved. this time forms are more complicated and their asking for lots of forms now. but hoping this one will be approved to.

lylecarlisle

Feb 1, 2014
Hi All!

I'd love to hear how many of you applied to CIC in Feb 2014 and have had PPR so far - it seems like the minority.

Anyone who has had PPR, can you let us know when you got it. I'd love to start a running tally!

roadtocanada2014

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Alright lovely people.. Thank you all for your help through out my application process. I am finally a PR of canada. Landed today. Here is my timeline..

Provincial Nominee program BC PNP

Application received by CIC - March 25th 2014
Medical Reuqest - April 24th 2014
In process - September 28th 2014
Decision Made on Ecas - 5th February 2015
Passport request : March 13th
Passport arrived back - March 17th
Landed - March 18th.

All the best everyone !!

lylecarlisle

Feb 1, 2014
roadtocanada2014 said:
Alright lovely people.. Thank you all for your help through out my application process. I am finally a PR of canada. Landed today. Here is my timeline..

Provincial Nominee program BC PNP

Application received by CIC - March 25th 2014
Medical Reuqest - April 24th 2014
In process - September 28th 2014
Decision Made on Ecas - 5th February 2015
Passport request : March 13th
Passport arrived back - March 17th
Landed - March 18th.

All the best everyone !!
wow! Congratulations!!

Axmcol18

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 31/2013
Does anybody know how long it takes for the officer to receive the extension of my medicals?? I called cic this morning and the agent told me it's the only thing they are waiting. And he also said my case it's almost finalized.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Axmcol18 said:
Does anybody know how long it takes for the officer to receive the extension of my medicals?? I called cic this morning and the agent told me it's the only thing they are waiting. And he also said my case it's almost finalized.
Did they tell you where your application is? Like Ottawa or CIO.

I called them today, the agent said since my application is in Ottawa, they cannot provide an update.

And no one knows how long it takes for medical extension since its an internal CIC process. My application has the same thing i am guessing.

Did any one else call?

Axmcol18

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 31/2013
vermanaman said:
Did they tell you where your application is? Like Ottawa or CIO.

I called them today, the agent said since my application is in Ottawa, they cannot provide an update.

And no one knows how long it takes for medical extension since its an internal CIC process. My application has the same thing i am guessing.

Did any one else call?
No he didn't tell me where my application is, but as you said if it's in ottawa they don't provide any information I assume it's still in Sydney.

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Axmcol18 said:

Hi Axmcol18,

You and I, as well as many other people in this forum are in the same situation. The last time I called CIC I was told they are just waiting for the approval of my medical extension, as soon as this is done I will hear from them (CIC). I asked the call centre agent if she could give me a time frame to hear from them she said if I dont hear from them by the end of March that I should give them a call first week of April. The call centre agent sounded optimistic I will get it before the end of March, since she is not the Visa Officer handling my file I wouldn't want to strongly rely on her information. One thing I know is that the two agents I have spoken with lately said the same thing that they only waiting for my medicals to be extended before the final decision is taken. Fingers crossed!