+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 PNP applicant that already submitted their application to NS CIO

gilas

Sep 15, 2014
Hi guys! just received my family's passports from the Philippines this morning and sent it to Ottawa this afternoon. It'll be there by Friday. PPs were cleared in customs. Hoping for the best for everyone :)

francesmarinel

Mar 14, 2014
Hello
I got DM and PPR today. When i checked my ecas this afternoon it says decision made and in the evening a receive PPR. To God be the glory. Goodluck for those who are still waiting. Hope it will come the soonest.

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
francesmarinel said:
Hello
I got DM and PPR today. When i checked my ecas this afternoon it says decision made and in the evening a receive PPR. To God be the glory. Goodluck for those who are still waiting. Hope it will come the soonest.
Wooohooo! Same here! Checked ecas this afternoon and it was DM - got home and received PPR!!

pgy

Dec 2, 2013
Hey guys,

Congrats to all those who have received their PPR. I just want to clarify, are you receiving something my mail, or an email? I got DM on Feb 6th, and then received an email a week later, with "subject: Ready for Visa" requesting a copy of my passport (visa exempt country), photos, and bio data.

Is this my PPR?

Thanks!

roadtocanada2014

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Hi PGY - This definitely is your PPR. As a person from Visa exemt country, once you send the copy of your passport and the photos, they will send you COPR- copy of permanent residence which you will need to take to the border for landing.

I got a DM on 5th feb . No news since then . Congrats to you.

Could you please copy paste the exact wordings of the email please ? Jusy hide your personal information. Is it from Ottawa ?

cheers

pgy said:
Hey guys,

Congrats to all those who have received their PPR. I just want to clarify, are you receiving something my mail, or an email? I got DM on Feb 6th, and then received an email a week later, with "subject: Ready for Visa" requesting a copy of my passport (visa exempt country), photos, and bio data.

Is this my PPR?

Thanks!

roadtocanada2014

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
I am getting so anxious. Gt DM in the first week of feb. No news since then and I can see people who got DM last week got the PPR already. No clue how CIC operates.

Getting worried and impatient.

Diaboluce

Jul 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydeny, NS
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
roadtocanada2014 said:
I am getting so anxious. Gt DM in the first week of feb. No news since then and I can see people who got DM last week got the PPR already. No clue how CIC operates.

Getting worried and impatient.
we have all been there bro no worries.. I gave up on understanding the pattern of how they work then they start working now lol
No matter how much thoughts you spend on this waiting, CIC is just gonna do whatever they need to so just keep your normal life valuable as much as possible
it's waste of spending time for being worried ;D

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody here has had any experience or knows anyone that had experience dealing with Program Support Unit of CIC. From What I was made to understand its a department in CIC that handles files that are complex in nature and once a file gets transfered there it can take up to 2 years for one to hear from them. I am not sure how true it is with the time it takes unit to process files that are transfered there, but your ideas and experiences, if not from you but from friends might help me form a time frame.

Thank you in advance as I look forward to your responses.

Mikmik

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Hi Delgado77 what do you mean by complex in nature? Was your file sent to that unit? How would I know if mine was sent there?

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
delgado77 said:
Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody here has had any experience or knows anyone that had experience dealing with Program Support Unit of CIC. From What I was made to understand its a department in CIC that handles files that are complex in nature and once a file gets transfered there it can take up to 2 years for one to hear from them. I am not sure how true it is with the time it takes unit to process files that are transfered there, but your ideas and experiences, if not from you but from friends might help me form a time frame.

Thank you in advance as I look forward to your responses.
which province are u from ?

pgy

Dec 2, 2013
Thanks roadtocanada2014

The email:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. The following is required to complete your application.

STEP 1: STATUS CHANGE (If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed to STEP 2)
Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPC-O immediately: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

STEP 2: PHOTOCOPY OF PASSPORT, PICTURES AND BIO DATA
We require A PHOTOCOPY of passport and 2 Immigration size pictures with the specifications listed on the following link. Pictures are required for you and for each accompanying family member.
DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT. You are a citizen of a visa exempt country.

STEP 3: SUBMITTING PHOTOCOPY OF PASSPORT, PICTURES AND BIO DATA
How to Send your Documents to the Case Processing Center – Ottawa (CPC-O)
Submit all documents by MAIL in a single package. Quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to one of the following addresses:
Canada Post: CPC – Ottawa, PO Box 9780, Ottawa ON K1G 4B9
Courier: CPC – Ottawa, 365 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Final Note
The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your picture(s) as soon as possible. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688) and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

roadtocanada2014 said:
Hi PGY - This definitely is your PPR. As a person from Visa exemt country, once you send the copy of your passport and the photos, they will send you COPR- copy of permanent residence which you will need to take to the border for landing.

I got a DM on 5th feb . No news since then . Congrats to you.

Could you please copy paste the exact wordings of the email please ? Jusy hide your personal information. Is it from Ottawa ?

cheers

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Mikmik said:
Hi Delgado77 what do you mean by complex in nature? Was your file sent to that unit? How would I know if mine was sent there?

I got to know as per my GCMS notes and by also calling CIC to confirm what I saw on my GCMS notes. Unfortunately, one may not know exactly why the file was sent there, but I what the CIC call center person told me was files that are complex in nature that needs further investigation or more information from the applicant gets tranfered there and there is no processing time frame.

I'm from Saskatchewan!