+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 PNP applicant that already submitted their application to NS CIO

Classically Mild

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Thanks Ed_nia. I am happy that you like my posts. I have made some theories regarding why our files are being delayed:

1) Provinces have requested CIC to keep the files on hold. Like what is happening to OPNP applicants.
2) They are trying to meet their targets for FSW and CEC applications and are giving PNP applicants the least priority as they want to show how efficient they are. I don't know when the next federal elections are due and surely immigration is always a political hot potato.
3) They will probably request our passports (atleast for Feb applicants who are in IP) but not return it to us until next year so that we technically land in 2015.

Seniors, feel free to correct me.

Classically Mild

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
goldbank said:
I can see a lot of self-imposed stress on you guys.
CIC is making sure all applications deserve the careful, thorough and accurate processing.
Understandably, all screening processes (security, criminality etc) are done by external entities and our application is entirely different from others so nobody can blame CIC if others got their PPRs first than any of us.
If you think that your case had been too long than the trend go email CIC about it.

Just relax and visualize pisitively and you never know your PPR is already lurking in your email.
Well, my opinion. Cheers!
Thanks Goldbank but we all know that things are really getting murky day by day. But appreciate your positivity.

ska5

Nov 14, 2014
I think the answer to the recent delays is much simpler than most of the conspiracy theories. Last November (2013) the province of Alberta relaxed the rules of who could apply for their provincial program, causing the quantity of applications skyrocket and which has now created a backlog well into 2016 for the provincial nominations. I myself applied for the AINP late November (my application took 2 months while a friend of mine who applied few weeks before took 1 month and people that applied a month after me the wait was already 3-4 months+). This clearly caused a jump in also the applications sent to CIC starting and now what we've seen is the gradual slowing down of processing these very same applications (December, January applicants and so on).

moahammadi740

Aug 12, 2014
Hi Friends,
Please advise, i sent my file to Sydney and they received by Feb 28,2014, they asked Medical on May and same time i did, they asked for police report ( RCMP ) and landing fees same time and all has been paid,
but from that time ( May 2014) nothing happen, i sent email to Sydney by Sep and they replied by oct said they received all the docs and they are working on it, but im wondering are they working or they will send to Ottawa ? anyone have any idea how long does it take ?
Please let me know
Thanks

SSM2011

Oct 28, 2014
moahammadi740 said:
Hi Friends,
Please advise, i sent my file to Sydney and they received by Feb 28,2014, they asked Medical on May and same time i did, they asked for police report ( RCMP ) and landing fees same time and all has been paid,
but from that time ( May 2014) nothing happen, i sent email to Sydney by Sep and they replied by oct said they received all the docs and they are working on it, but im wondering are they working or they will send to Ottawa ? anyone have any idea how long does it take ?
Please let me know
Thanks
When you receive an Acknowledgment of Receipt email from CIO, it says you file will be transferred to a visa office for further processing which is CIC office in Ottawa.

galt

Sep 22, 2014
Just today I cancelled my tickets of India bcoz of this #### delays. I had planned to go to my home country in December. Everything's ruined now...I have IP from 11 Sept. I was hoping to do landing while returning...but now nothing :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
My application for permanent residence (under Saskatchewan PNP) was received by CIC on Feb 27, 2014, I received a request for medicals on March 28, 2014 and on April 07, 2014 we (me and my wife) submitted our medical test. On April 9, 2014 we received another email requesting us to pay RPRF, which we paid the same day. Since April when the status of application was updated as showing "medical received" there has been no update on our file.

Japy77

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Hello friends,
I need help my sister's wedding is fixed in feb ie 3rd feb. My application was received on March 24 and got in process since 16 October. I don't even have multiple entry. I have a question should I send my passport now for multiple entry or not because if I send it for multiple entry and in the means time CIC ask for my passer for PR visa then what should I do. And secondly I don't know how long they are gonna take. My dad was expire 10 yrs ago and I have to go for my sister's wedding and I haven't seen my mom in last 4 yrs. I don't know why CIC people don't understand.
God plz help me

Nov 13, 2014
Japy77 said:
Hello friends,
I need help my sister's wedding is fixed in feb ie 3rd feb. My application was received on March 24 and got in process since 16 October. I don't even have multiple entry. I have a question should I send my passport now for multiple entry or not because if I send it for multiple entry and in the means time CIC ask for my passer for PR visa then what should I do. And secondly I don't know how long they are gonna take. My dad was expire 10 yrs ago and I have to go for my sister's wedding and I haven't seen my mom in last 4 yrs. I don't know why CIC people don't understand.
God plz help me
I see, it is so hard to say. I wish you could get PPR by christmas. Relax, we will be fine.

_123rock

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-09-2014 - IN PROCESS
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
31-01-2015- Decision Made
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
My one job colleague got PPR yesterday . No ip no dm...
File received. ..24 feb

dileep kumar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Japy77 said:
Hello friends,
God plz help me
Relax bro! don't apply for your multiple entry visa now. Jst wait for your PPR. If you don't get the PPR before you leave to your home country, just take a offer letter from your employer and your recent pay stubs along with you. Right immediate after landing in your home country apply for a visa in your local canadian consulate. Because you have a valid open work permit, it enables you to get a TRV for sure. If everything goes good and if you get PPR then you can come in as a Permanent Resident.

Diaboluce

Jul 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydeny, NS
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
another day of empty hope came :) :eek: :( :mad: ;D 8)

ainp.ankur

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cic sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2014 ( feb applicant )
File Transfer...
in process from 18th august