+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Applicants

sparkshooter

Mar 18, 2014
Thanks everyone for the info re: auto confirmations.

I was just about to send off a confirmation email, but I thought "better double check everything first..." - and of course, the auto confirmation had been routed to my spam folder, even though I set them as a "safe sender." Mystery solved!

waqas11

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4162, 2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
05-Mar-2014
Med's Request
17-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
13-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
02-May-2015
Hi guys, I got my GCMS notes and found out that my application has been put on review as well.

The GCMS notes say that my LOE appears to match the lead statement and a substantial number of duties under NOC code selected (4162). The only little problem is that Offices has said: The job description provided appears to match the lead statement of the NOC code selected; however PA does not appear to meet the employment requirements and does not have the required education for NOC 4162.

Guys, is anyone else in the same situation? I thought that the visa officers only look at the lead statement and the duties only when they are doing the assessment. I never knew that they actually try math your education as well with the education requirements on the NOC website.

I asked this question to my lawyer as well in he beginning and she said the same as well. Does anybody have any suggestions if I can CIC with any sort of letter or something to support my case.

Also how long it takes for the review required process? I saw my application has been in this status since August 20 this year.

Please guide. Thanks !

wssun

Sep 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2014
Med's Request
07-02-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Passport Req..
26-03-2015
LANDED..........
17-04-2015
waqas11 said:
Hi guys, I got my GCMS notes and found out that my application has been put on review as well.

The GCMS notes say that my LOE appears to match the lead statement and a substantial number of duties under NOC code selected (4162). The only little problem is that Offices has said: The job description provided appears to match the lead statement of the NOC code selected; however PA does not appear to meet the employment requirements and does not have the required education for NOC 4162.

Guys, is anyone else in the same situation? I thought that the visa officers only look at the lead statement and the duties only when they are doing the assessment. I never knew that they actually try math your education as well with the education requirements on the NOC website.

I asked this question to my lawyer as well in he beginning and she said the same as well. Does anybody have any suggestions if I can CIC with any sort of letter or something to support my case.

Also how long it takes for the review required process? I saw my application has been in this status since August 20 this year.

Please guide. Thanks !
I actually have a very similar problem with you..My GCMS said the my job does not match with my education background. Your education and job position can not be so far apart, for example, you cannot say you majored in accounting at school and after graduation, you work as a chef, that does not make sense. In my case, my employer wrote a letter to explain why he hired me and I had intership experience in similar field before. Everything has to be logical...hope it helps..

Djpolarbear

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 6, 2014
AOR Received.
March 5, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
Med's Request
August 21, 2014
Med's Done....
August 25, 2014
Passport Req..
November 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2014
LANDED..........
November 24, 2014
Anyone did Flag Polling recently? I'm wondering if it's still allowed.

Karan42

Nov 10, 2014
LuckyAL said:
A suggestion - Your work permit documents would have the UCI number somewhere. Check ECAS website based off the UCI number. If its there in the system, your representative can maybe email CIC for the AOR.
I have been checking with uci # from last month.. But it says we cannot find any information for provided details

Any help on how to check with cic contact centre will help.. I am not sure wil contact centre can be contacted without a file number?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
freebird1977 said:
Seniors

Please provide some guidance for my situation. I got PPR yesterday asking to submit passports withing 30 days. My daughter's passport is at Indian consulate for renewal.

Can I ask CIC for an extension to 30 day deadline?

Do i need to send both old and new passport to CIC? The application was filed with the old passport.
Yes, email CIC explain the whole situation, give them a tentative date of passport renewal.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Djpolarbear said:
Anyone did Flag Polling recently? I'm wondering if it's still allowed.
Din't your Lawyer updated you ? 8)

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Gurindar said:
Din't your Lawyer updated you ? 8)
Guru: Someone is playing sarcastic here :)

DJpolarbear: Grinder is right. Your lawyer should be the one who clear all of your doubts at first place.

Flag poling is allowed. When you go to US border for landing ask for administrative refusal from Department of Homeland Security officer and tell them that your are here to do flag poling. The whole process will average takes 25 to 30 minutes.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waqas11 said:

Please guide. Thanks !
My status started on August 13, and I am still waiting for MR. Do not expect anything this year.

latanaiduV

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
Med's Request
9-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
23-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
18-May-2015
lhyyym said:
My status started on August 13, and I am still waiting for MR. Do not expect anything this year.
lhyyym , Did u apply for GCMS again?

latanaiduV

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
Med's Request
9-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
23-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
18-May-2015
lhyyym said:
Friend, I found you got document request in July. What did CIC request?
PCC from USA, I've sent that document in july only but I got MR in october

Djpolarbear

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 6, 2014
AOR Received.
March 5, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 21, 2014
Med's Done....
August 25, 2014
Passport Req..
November 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2014
LANDED..........
November 24, 2014
alijumani said:

DJpolarbear: Grinder is right. Your lawyer should be the one who clear all of your doubts at first place.

Flag poling is allowed. When you go to US border for landing ask for administrative refusal from Department of Homeland Security officer and tell them that your are here to do flag poling. The whole process will average takes 25 to 30 minutes.
The fact is that I already found out a lot of information but my lawyer still looking into it. There are a lot of lawyers in this business who doesn't have enough knowledge about Immigration! I'm really disappointed but what can I do! Btw, the lawyer I'm working with is my Manager's lawyer. He is doing my Manager's mother process as well. I did my CEC application by myself but worked with him for my LMO application. Well, we got nothing so far. My LMO application returned due to changes with the requirements after 3 months! Service Canada :mad: :mad: :mad:!!!

Anyways, I'm just waiting for my passport and I will complete my PR process soon hopefully.

Thanks for the confirmation on Flag Polling.

Djpolarbear

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 6, 2014
AOR Received.
March 5, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 21, 2014
Med's Done....
August 25, 2014
Passport Req..
November 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2014
LANDED..........
November 24, 2014
alijumani said:

Guru got his response... His comment is just a shame! Not just for him but also for this forum! We are all here to get the right information, share our experience and our concerns! Nobody has the right to criticize each other or playing sarcastic or sth else here! I've been checking this forum for months and this is the first time i saw an embarrassing comment like this! Shame on you!!