+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
reservoirdog said:
Yeah, we check the spam folder daily.
However, my description says:

We sent you a letter on March 27, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

But I thought that giving them an email address would automatically mean the were gonna send you emails, not letters. Am I wrong?
We got the AOR by email in fact
if you put an email address, it's likely they will use it, but not automatic. AORs are always by email, SA can be either or... so most likely, you have a letter coming your way. Sent out on the 27th March, but because of long week end etc, most likely it will arrive a bit later. Unless there is something obviously difficult with your application, it means you're approved. If they had doubts about your eligibility as a sponsor, they would have asked for more proofs. So - relax, you're most likely approved. If you want to check, you can call CIC and see what they say on the phone - they should be able to tell you.
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
abscott said:
Hi Sweden, may I ask if my husband his to change his status with the DFA in Canada because he's been married before but been a widower before we got married? Will it be advantageous if we use his ID number when he became a permanent resident of Canada? Where can he request for another resident card because he has misplaced his resident card, he cant' remember the date when he became a permanent resident which we need to put in item 9 of the Sponsor Questionnaire and what visa office issued the permanent residency which is also asked there.

Thank you so much all of you have been so helpful to all of us as we do the application. God bless everyone...

abscott
I'm not sure about the DFA as I'm not familiar with their rules...
He can request another PR card through CIC website here, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/ just make sure he has fulfilled his residency requirements. You can also contact CIC and ask them about the date etc - or check on the COPR when he landed, all the information should be there.
Good luck,
Sweden

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Medicals update

Gary_87 said:
Not all results show. Don't worry. Its just a computer system that is updated rarely. Your doctor sent the medicals off and now wait. Cic will contact you if there's a problem. But don't rely too much on ecas.
Thanks Gary! Hope i see that soon!

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks,
I had a very good question from my friend who also recently applied for sponsor visa.
His question was " If at all there is an interview in the stage 2 of the sponsor process, what are all the proof's that can be taken along with? DVD , video material is okay as a proof during an interview process ? "

I thought why not I post it here to get some views and also help others who are having similar questions.

Thanks,
mickey

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
mickeyindia said:
Hi folks,
I had a very good question from my friend who also recently applied for sponsor visa.
His question was " If at all there is an interview in the stage 2 of the sponsor process, what are all the proof's that can be taken along with? DVD , video material is okay as a proof during an interview process ? "

I thought why not I post it here to get some views and also help others who are having similar questions.

Thanks,
mickey
Hi mickeyindia

Maybe you should try to re post in an older thread where people have already gone through interviews.
Sorry I cannot assist you here in this one!
Maybe Sweden can give you some light here

messenger

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
messenger said:
Hi mickeyindia

Maybe you should try to re post in an older thread where people have already gone through interviews.
Sorry I cannot assist you here in this one!
Maybe Sweden can give you some light here

messenger
if you're asked for an interview, you have to leave outside of the embassy all electronic devices : phones, etc. SO I don't think you'll be able to bring in video etc.
If you're asked for an interview you shoudl print out in advance whatever you think is a good proof.
Sweden

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweden said:
if you're asked for an interview, you have to leave outside of the embassy all electronic devices : phones, etc. SO I don't think you'll be able to bring in video etc.
If you're asked for an interview you shoudl print out in advance whatever you think is a good proof.
Sweden
Thanks messenger and Sweden.
That makes sense.

kevin002

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Hey y'all! So my wife just got the AoR from the Singapore VO (received on April 1st) :D Hope things move fast from here..apparently Singapore is hoping to cut processing time by 40%! :D It's been a good day. I just finished Sem 4 of my MBA program and got the news on my way home. What's funny is that she pranked me by sending me a text saying that she had received an e-mail from CIC stating that our documentation was incomplete and was being returned!!! Horrible right?!!! My heart almost stopped, and when I called her frantically, all I hear was her cracking up hard! :mad: lol

Hope you guys get the 2nd AoR this week too!

Cheers,
Kev

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
kevin002 said:
Hey y'all! So my wife just got the AoR from the Singapore VO (received on April 1st) :D Hope things move fast from here..apparently Singapore is hoping to cut processing time by 40%! :D It's been a good day. I just finished Sem 4 of my MBA program and got the news on my way home. What's funny is that she pranked me by sending me a text saying that she had received an e-mail from CIC stating that our documentation was incomplete and was being returned!!! Horrible right?!!! My heart almost stopped, and when I called her frantically, all I hear was her cracking up hard! :mad: lol

Cheers,
Kev
Congrats Kev!! That was a really good news indeed. :) You're wife is clever :D
Hoping for a faster Stage 2 to you, and everyone else :)

kevin002

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Iay said:
Congrats Kev!! That was a really good news indeed. :) You're wife is clever :D
Hoping for a faster Stage 2 to you, and everyone else :)
thanks Iay :) Hope you're doing well! And yup..good luck to everybody! We keep inching forward towards that 'reunion' dinner ;)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
kevin002 said:

Cheers,
Kev
You must punish her for doing this to you my friend Kevin . No movies, or pop corn for the next month :) :)
Seriously now! These are very good news that you guys have your 2nd stage AOR. Our Spreadsheet is filling up nicely

May you have a very very fast COPR and we'll have a coffee in Canada!

BTW you have been updated in the SS.

Tom

kevin002

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
messenger said:
You must punish her for doing this to you my friend Kevin . No movies, or pop corn for the next month :) :)
Seriously now! These are very good news that you guys have your 2nd stage AOR. Our Spreadsheet is filling up nicely

May you have a very very fast COPR and we'll have a coffee in Canada!

BTW you have been updated in the SS.

Tom
I must! Haha...but i pranked her as well before that so that was her way of getting even :p

Thanks for updating my record on the ss Tom! Coffee sounds good...speaking of coffee, imagine the F2013'ers crowding up a Timmies! lol

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked e-cas, wasn't expecting anything but it says Medicals Received. Don't know when they posted it as I haven't checked for 3 or 4 days.

So this means they've matched the medical report to the Primary Applicant's file at the V.O., correct?

Does this also mean they've started processing the Primary Applicant's file?

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
lived in canada since april 2010, LANDED 28/07/2013
reservoirdog said:
Yeah, we check the spam folder daily.
However, my description says:

We sent you a letter on March 27, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

But I thought that giving them an email address would automatically mean the were gonna send you emails, not letters. Am I wrong?
We got the AOR by email in fact
Hi Reservoirdog,
I actually received our SA via regular mail even though we specified an email address and we received our AOR via email. Its not a big deal, when i called CIC to ask why they did this, i was told it was because they were returning some proofs to me that were not needed for the application..

Hope this puts your mind at ease. :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
kevin002 said:
I must! Haha...but i pranked her as well before that so that was her way of getting even :p

Thanks for updating my record on the ss Tom! Coffee sounds good...speaking of coffee, imagine the F2013'ers crowding up a Timmies! lol
Hey when I left Canada there were only few Timmies in Toronto. At those times Country Style and second cup was the big thing. haha. Maybe we can meet in Danforth and I\ll buy you all a souvlaki with pita bread and tzatziki!