+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
mickeyindia said:
Don't you get used to the climate at one point.
I have to say that to console myself for choosing quebec. I have to admit most of Ontario is better than Quebec on average.

Its a winter storm (never heard it before all these yrs) yesterday and today in Quebec :(
I think you get used to the climate, but it still doesn't mean you like it. ;) This is my first winter back in Canada after 5 years in India, so I I am not quite so used to it yet. Though it was nice to get sunshine most of the year there, the summers, for me at least (April-June) were unbearably hot, 40-45c, and lots of power cuts so no fan or AC for hours at a time.

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mickeyindia said:
Don't you get used to the climate at one point.
I have to say that to console myself for choosing quebec. I have to admit most of Ontario is better than Quebec on average.

Its a winter storm (never heard it before all these yrs) yesterday and today in Quebec :(
For Mickey in India :)

I'm born here in Canada and lived all my life here. No, you never get used to the climate.
Snowbirds - retirees who can afford it, go south to Florida for several months of the winter
to escape the long cold dreary season.

Perhaps I should explain a little truism about Canada.
I've met a few people from warm countries, including a friend in southern India, one in northern African continent, etc.
Every time I ask about the weather and temperature they say something like, it's okay, it's the same, it's not raining,
so it's the same.

In Canada people monitor the weather closely and we talk about it every day, every day, every day.
Why?
Because it changes so frequently and the range of temperature change is so great.
In every water cooler conversation somebody will mention the anticipated weather that
day and the next few days. They want to be ready for change.
But don't worry about that.
You'll get used to it. ;)

http://www.kulfoto.com/funny-pictures/37878/move-to-canada-they-said

~~ This is just a little humor Mickey. I hope you are not sensitive or get upset from this.
I am sponsoring my husband from a very warm country with no winter and he is constantly
saying he is very afraid of the cold and the winter - and I am mercilessly joking with him about it.

Heat, ice, sand storms, snow storms, torrential rains - the whole world has unpleasant weather days at times
Humans adjust, sometimes just by staying indoors and drinking a nice hot chocolate by the fire until the weather improves.
:)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
skas13 said:
Looks like a slow day on the February boards! I don't know about all of you, but if you are already in Canada, especially Ontario, aren't you tired of winter, and the snow? I am. Hope Spring gets here soon!
Have a good evening...
Hi skas13

I remember those long long winters in Toronto and I realize what made me take the decision to move back to the old country then.
Little of this, little of that missing my friends and family, I acted very immaturely and left my good life and possibly a very secure future to return to warmer climate but all in vain!
Now it's going to be different this time!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
My "old country" will hopefully be the UK.

The amount of water falling will be much the same. The only difference will be whether it's liquid or solid.

Z.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
zardoz said:
My "old country" will hopefully be the UK.

The amount of water falling will be much the same. The only difference will be whether it's liquid or solid.

Z.
Yep it does make the difference in having it in liquid form or solid. I understand the UK was very bad lately by heavy snowfall too.
Greece where I am hmmm, I can safely say that we still have 4 seasons. In mid February you already feel the spring knocking at the door as we have lots and lots of almond trees (yes even in the cities) which are blossoming and by the beginning of March the apricot and peach trees follow up and although it can still be a little on the cold side the scenery makes you feel nice!
Ontario although has a little longer winter you can see the green by early May which is fine. You can say that Ontario has 4 seasons too but in a shorter version!
Personally I would never choose to live in a country where its a continues winter or a continues summer regardless if they call it the rainy or the dry season. NO WAY
Lovely Ontario I miss it so much! Taking a drive to Rice lake for the weekend on a warm Ontario summer day, A boat ride in the 1000 islands, in a rainy September day, Ice fishing in Skugog lake on a sunshiny Winters day!
Please guys and girls make me change my mind and instead of going to Alberta to come back to my Ontario!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hi all! :D

its been 22 days now since Parcel Delivered to CIC-M plus another 18 days for Canada Post to get it there that gives me a total of 40 days waiting with nothing to confirm that they have even opened our apps.
I know most would say don't worry it will eventually show up in your email. I am sure that you know the feeling!
I should be back home to Greece on Thursday evening (Aspa is supposed to be dismissed from the hospital and I will take her to our home)
On Friday at around 14:00 local Greek time I am planning to call CIC to inquire. It should be 08:00 am in Ontario, which should be the proper time to call.
Can anyone here please give me the phone number to call. Oh yeah also the sequence of numbers to be pressed so I can get through without having to call and call again! If I can be placed on hold its alright as we have free calling to North America.
Please my friends help a fellow here!
Have a nice one and hope the weather improves soon for all of you in Canada.
Messenger

civiliii

Jan 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello messenger,
Its painful to hear you wait time. I pray you get you AOR & SA soon.
CIC call centre number is 1-888-242-2100
Hours of operation:
Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m

Select the option for application filed, i guess its 2 (i don't remember exactly). Then bunch of options will be presented. Don't select anyting you will be forwarded to support agent.

civiliii~

messenger said:

its been 22 days now since Parcel Delivered to CIC-M plus another 18 days for Canada Post to get it there that gives me a total of 40 days waiting with nothing to confirm that they have even opened our apps.
I know most would say don't worry it will eventually show up in your email. I am sure that you know the feeling!
I should be back home to Greece on Thursday evening (Aspa is supposed to be dismissed from the hospital and I will take her to our home)
On Friday at around 14:00 local Greek time I am planning to call CIC to inquire. It should be 08:00 am in Ontario, which should be the proper time to call.
Can anyone here please give me the phone number to call. Oh yeah also the sequence of numbers to be pressed so I can get through without having to call and call again! If I can be placed on hold its alright as we have free calling to North America.
Messenger

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Be prepared tho...they don't put you on hold. If they're busy, they hang up. So you've just gotta keep trying.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
messenger said:

Messenger

I feel your pain too, messenger! My app arrived on 30 Jan, and still N-O-T-H-I-N-G till now! Last week my MP told me that the internal CPC-M staff asked me to check back in 2 weeks, which means hopefully next week I will see light at the end of the tunnel! While it's good that the rep confirmed that she found my parcel tracking number in the CIC's database, it still doesn't mean that my parcel ISSS physically there (what if, unbeknownst to the CIC, an alien from Pluto stole my parcel...?!)

According to PMM, here's the number for overseas callers:

+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)

If the automated message tells you that they're busy, just keep trying.....sometimes it may take up to 10 tries before you get on the queue...

All the best!

Kazuma

Mar 12, 2013
skas13 said:
Looks like a slow day on the February boards! I don't know about all of you, but if you are already in Canada, especially Ontario, aren't you tired of winter, and the snow? I am. Hope Spring gets here soon!
Have a good evening...
LOL! I agree! I am already tired seeing "Old man Winter". But I guess the weather in Ontario is not that bad. Compared to Winterpeg ("Winnipeg") Today the weather here has a windchill of -32... So all the snow that started to melt yesterday has frozen up again.. :( . I like snow, I hate windchills!...

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skas13 said:
I think you get used to the climate, but it still doesn't mean you like it. ;) This is my first winter back in Canada after 5 years in India, so I I am not quite so used to it yet. Though it was nice to get sunshine most of the year there, the summers, for me at least (April-June) were unbearably hot, 40-45c, and lots of power cuts so no fan or AC for hours at a time.
I understand that India is having quite a lot of power cuts lately in the southern most part. The province I come from has frequent power cuts for the last 5 yrs.
I am in canada for couple of years so I infact started getting used(even if i don like the climate personally)

there is no other option left to me other than to enjoy it :)

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JudyO said:
For Mickey in India :)

I'm born here in Canada and lived all my life here. No, you never get used to the climate.
Snowbirds - retirees who can afford it, go south to Florida for several months of the winter
to escape the long cold dreary season.

Perhaps I should explain a little truism about Canada.
I've met a few people from warm countries, including a friend in southern India, one in northern African continent, etc.
Every time I ask about the weather and temperature they say something like, it's okay, it's the same, it's not raining,
so it's the same.

In Canada people monitor the weather closely and we talk about it every day, every day, every day.
Why?
Because it changes so frequently and the range of temperature change is so great.
In every water cooler conversation somebody will mention the anticipated weather that
day and the next few days. They want to be ready for change.
But don't worry about that.
You'll get used to it. ;)

http://www.kulfoto.com/funny-pictures/37878/move-to-canada-they-said

~~ This is just a little humor Mickey. I hope you are not sensitive or get upset from this.
I am sponsoring my husband from a very warm country with no winter and he is constantly
saying he is very afraid of the cold and the winter - and I am mercilessly joking with him about it.

Heat, ice, sand storms, snow storms, torrential rains - the whole world has unpleasant weather days at times
Humans adjust, sometimes just by staying indoors and drinking a nice hot chocolate by the fire until the weather improves.
:)
Dear JudyO,

Don't worry im a sport and you said nothing big to make me upset :) lol

I agree with you and I am living in quebec for couple of yrs and I got used to it kinda.
I enjoy ice skating , snow tubing , sled etc .. to make sure I do not get depressed by the worst climate.

I also have the same problem convincing my spouse about the weather here..

And i do one major thing to escape the winter each year. I hold my vacation days and use them during the peak winter to visit my country.
That way I am away for a while which is very sooothing..

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
lived in canada since april 2010, LANDED 28/07/2013
Hi Gary can you please update my SA to received on: 11-march.

Thankyou :)

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Guys I have a very bad news!

Before I go on with my story: basically my package was placed in a large box (think of a large shoebox), in it were:

1 envelope containing sponsor's forms and supporting documents

1 envelope containing sponsored person's forms and supporting documents

A clear plastic bag containing huge amount of relationship proofs

A CIC agent from CPC-M directly called me a few minutes ago, to confirm that she had my parcel, and told me that she "found no applications"! Which means, that the 2 envelopes are somehow missing (even though we did put them in the box)..........VERY strange!

No wonder there's no AOR!

The good news is: she got all of the relationship proofs!

So now we have to redo all the forms, get a new police certificate for my wife, because she's not sure whether Singapore would accept copies of those.

Copies of Option C and employment letter are acceptable, though.

*Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
fandv said:
Guys I have a very bad news!

Before I go on with my story: basically my package was placed in a large box (think of a large shoebox), in it were:

1 envelope containing sponsor's forms and supporting documents

1 envelope containing sponsored person's forms and supporting documents

A clear plastic bag containing huge amount of relationship proofs

A CIC agent from CPC-M directly called me a few minutes ago, to confirm that she had my parcel, and told me that she "found no applications"! Which means, that the 2 envelopes are somehow missing (even though we did put them in the box)..........VERY strange!

No wonder there's no AOR!

The good news is: she got all of the relationship proofs!

So now we have to redo all the forms, get a new police certificate for my wife, because she's not sure whether Singapore would accept copies of those.

Copies of Option C and employment letter are acceptable, though.

*Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
OH NO!!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear this. Did the officer say anything about trying to find it? Obviously if it was mailed with everything in there and they got part of it then the rest of it has to be there somewhere???? You are taking this so much better than I would be. We do all of this work and it's unacceptable that they can just lose packets and parts of packets like that. :(

Please keep us posted and let us know how it all goes from here on out.