+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 Applications!!!

rajcares4u

Feb 13, 2013
havent sent my education documents

Hi I have recently applied for my cec, I have included only my recent education documents from Canada in application... i am concerned should I also have included all my education copies ?????????? does it really make a big difference?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: havent sent my education documents

rajcares4u said:
Hi I have recently applied for my cec, I have included only my recent education documents from Canada in application... i am concerned should I also have included all my education copies ?????????? does it really make a big difference?
If you applied after 02/01/13 you shouldn't have provided any educational documents - they aren't required. It's all on the documents checklist.

Paul_C

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
0513, 1226, 5254
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
28th Nov 2013
Med's Done....
13th Dec 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
21st Jan 2014
LANDED..........
21st Jan 2014
Sent my application today! After 6 years of visa's, temporary LMO's and stress. Pumped!! I have added myself to the spreadsheet for reference :D :D

rajcares4u

Feb 13, 2013
Police check

I posted my application on feb 18th, My police verification which was issued by VFS was 4 months old? now would they ask me for a new one or would they just accept it? any idea what would happen net regarding police check if it is older than 4 months?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Police check

rajcares4u said:
I posted my application on feb 18th, My police verification which was issued by VFS was 4 months old? now would they ask me for a new one or would they just accept it? any idea what would happen net regarding police check if it is older than 4 months?
This conversation came up the other day and having referred to the checklist, it explains that PCC are valid for 12 months. However, I was referred to the PCC CIC page by others where it says that they must be no older than 3 months at the point of applying. However, this page hasn't been updated since 2009.

I suspect that it will be accepted and that the only reason they will ask for you for a new one is if, they have not completed the required checks within the 12 month period. But obviously, I could be wrong.

I wouldn't worry about it either way because your application definitely wont be rejected because of this. Worse case scenario is they will request a new PCC.

rak81

May 15, 2011
PCC should be submitted to CIC within 3 months of issued date and is valid till 1 year after submission. In case the submitted PCC is expired then CIC will request the applicant for new one.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rak81 said:
PCC should be submitted to CIC within 3 months of issued date and is valid till 1 year after submission. In case the submitted PCC is expired then CIC will request the applicant for new one.
You are incorrect. Reffer to checklist issued at start of month

To quote:

Note: Police certificates are generally considered to be valid for one year from date of issue; therefore depending on the processing time of your application, you may be requested to submit new certificates

Valid for 1 year from the date it is issued, not from the date of application submission.

I'm sure this document trumps everything else people are saying and referring to - its the newest issued by cic.

rak81

May 15, 2011
Refer to:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.

CIC guide cannot be wrong.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rak81 said:
Refer to:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.

CIC guide cannot be wrong.

I agree, but what I'm referring to is cic guidance issued in 2013. You are referring to cic guidance last updated in 2009.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085, as per CIC rules, PCC should not be more than 3 months old at the time of application. After the application is filed, the PCC is valid for an year from the issue date.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yahoo7 said:
jsm0085, as per CIC rules, PCC should not be more than 3 months old at the time of application. After the application is filed, the PCC is valid for an year from the issue date.
Sorry? I'm not quite sure why you are saying this? What you are saying contradicts what CIC have set out in the checklist? As I mentioned, and quoted, above?

Why have people suddenly decided that the checklist issued by CIC isn't valuable enough to follow?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
Sorry? I'm not quite sure why you are saying this? What you are saying contradicts what CIC have set out in the checklist? As I mentioned, and quoted, above?

Why have people suddenly decided that the checklist issued by CIC isn't valuable enough to follow?
jsm0085, what the checklist says is that PCC is normally valid for 1 year from the date of issue while the application is in process.

But The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yahoo7 said:
jsm0085, what the checklist says is that PCC is normally valid for 1 year from the date of issue while the application is in process.

But The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application
It doesn't say "while the application is in process". It says:

Note: Police certificates are generally considered to be valid for one year from date of issue; therefore depending on the processing time of your application, you may be requested to submit new certificates.

"while the application is in process" changes the meaning of what is being said, and that is not for you to do.

What you are quoting is not from the checklist, and as I have pointed out, is from an area of the site where the information was last updated in 2009.

Since you take such issue with this I've just called CIC and they have told me as long as the PCC is not older than 12 months of the issue date, then it is fine. If it expires before processing has been completed, then they may request a new one.

I'm fedup people arguing for the sake of arguing! It's not like I'm making it up - I've quoted the documentation!

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
It doesn't say "while the application is in process". It says:

Note: Police certificates are generally considered to be valid for one year from date of issue; therefore depending on the processing time of your application, you may be requested to submit new certificates.

"while the application is in process" changes the meaning of what is being said, and that is not for you to do.

What you are quoting is not from the checklist, and as I have pointed out, is from an area of the site where the information was last updated in 2009.

Since you take such issue with this I've just called CIC and they have told me as long as the PCC is not older than 12 months of the issue date, then it is fine. If it expires before processing has been completed, then they may request a new one.

I'm fedup people arguing for the sake of arguing! It's not like I'm making it up - I've quoted the documentation!
With all due respect, I dont agree with your point neither am I arguing. We can wait a senior member to comment on this. Sorry to say, but I dont trust you so much.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yahoo7 said:
With all due respect, I dont agree with your point neither am I arguing. We can wait a senior member to comment on this. Sorry to say, but I dont trust you so much.
Back at you.

Why not check with cic? That's what I did!