App. Filed.......
Feb 6 2013
AOR Received.
Mar 21 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med - Dec 5 2013 / RPRF_Bio - Dec 6 2013
Hi guys. From what email address do we receive the MR request?

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Email will be from ID client-update-mise-a-jour @ cic.gc.ca.

Subject of the email will be: Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about EXXXXXXXXX

To make sure this email does not go to spam, add @ CIC.GC.CA to safe senders list.

PandFeb2013 said:
Hi guys. From what email address do we receive the MR request?

Nasdi

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Hello,
i think i did not give enough details in my job letter that i sent with my CEC app...should i write a new updated one before they get to my file or just wait ?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Nasdi said:
Hello,
i think i did not give enough details in my job letter that i sent with my CEC app...should i write a new updated one before they get to my file or just wait ?
The logical choice I think here is that you send as soon as possible, so as to not delay your application processing. But you know, thats just me. :p When updating your letter, make sure it does not deviate too much from the first....as in, dont change the format and language entirely. Dont forget to include an explanation letter as to the purpose of the additional reference letter and the changes within.

Alternatively, you could wait and keep ordering GCMS to see where you stand. If they put your file under additional review, you then send the revised letter. Completely up to you at this point. My suggestion is sooner rather than later! :)

Nasdi

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
well i just gave them a call, and the agent told me if my file passed the first screening, then i meet the criteria for that NOC job....so no need to send in another letter.

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's not true, they are not experts in the immigration Act, Regulations or Manual. The initial process rarely conducts a full eligibility check, especially in analyzing your work experience. If not rather than getting an AOR, you'll also get a medical request and PR will be approved pending security and background check.

I'll take the advise already give, either send the update or order your GCMS notes. I'll say take the first option though.
Note: The guys you speak to on the phone are call centre agents.

Nasdi said:
well i just gave them a call, and the agent told me if my file passed the first screening, then i meet the criteria for that NOC job....so no need to send in another letter.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
CEC2013 said:
The logical choice I think here is that you send as soon as possible, so as to not delay your application processing. But you know, thats just me. :p When updating your letter, make sure it does not deviate too much from the first....as in, dont change the format and language entirely. Dont forget to include an explanation letter as to the purpose of the additional reference letter and the changes within.

Alternatively, you could wait and keep ordering GCMS to see where you stand. If they put your file under additional review, you then send the revised letter. Completely up to you at this point. My suggestion is sooner rather than later! :)
CEC2013, while I agree with you in the sense that sending an updated letter right now may quicken the process in that it may not go to the review stage, the applicant does not know that there is a problem..... it's all hypothetical right now. I would wait for GCMS notes, and if those indicate that there might be a problem, I would send a letter. Otherwise, the applicant could risk creating a problem, or at least further scrutiny, where there may not be an issue in the first place.

Having said that, if some critical piece of information, such as dates, salary, etc. are missing, I would definitely send the letter now.

PandFeb2013

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 6 2013
AOR Received.
Mar 21 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med - Dec 5 2013 / RPRF_Bio - Dec 6 2013
eds1275 said:
Email will be from ID client-update-mise-a-jour @ cic.gc.ca.

Subject of the email will be: Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about EXXXXXXXXX

To make sure this email does not go to spam, add @ CIC.GC.CA to safe senders list.
Thanks for the information eds1275.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
spookyb said:
CEC2013, while I agree with you in the sense that sending an updated letter right now may quicken the process in that it may not go to the review stage, the applicant does not know that there is a problem..... it's all hypothetical right now. I would wait for GCMS notes, and if those indicate that there might be a problem, I would send a letter. Otherwise, the applicant could risk creating a problem, or at least further scrutiny, where there may not be an issue in the first place.
Having said that, if some critical piece of information, such as dates, salary, etc. are missing, I would definitely send the letter now.
spookyb, i was going on the initial premise...that they are concerned about the level of detail. completely in line with what you said, and thats why i suggested ordering GCMS to find out the status, and then decide. cant do much with "i'm concerned about details" ... i gave the opinion and what they do is on them (everyone knows whats best for them). i considered what i would do if it was me...and had the best interests at heart.

and thanks for expanding on my advice... :)

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
MrB said:
That's not true, they are not experts in the immigration Act, Regulations or Manual. The initial process rarely conducts a full eligibility check, especially in analyzing your work experience. If not rather than getting an AOR, you'll also get a medical request and PR will be approved pending security and background check.
I'll take the advise already give, either send the update or order your GCMS notes. I'll say take the first option though.
Note: The guys you speak to on the phone are call centre agents.
well said MrB. i've gotten bs advice from call center agents before. they dont have a clue about actual processing. they actually told me not to apply. and that was the last time i use that service.

@ Nasdi

passing the AOR stage means nothing more than "you included everything required" ... thats it! CPP-O is the one looking at your eligibility and determining what is appropriate or not. call center agents dont have access to those details.

I will say again, if you are concerned, then write another letter and send it. But first, order GCMS and see where you stand. If the VO put you under additional review for reference letter ambiguity, then I would send the new one out. Or otherwise address their concerns. But for that to play out, you need GCMS with VO notes.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Nasdi said:
Sorry about jumping to conclusions....but I read your statement as you had gotten VO feedback and they put you under "review required". Thats my bad. Anyways, see my post from before. Apply for GCMS and get the notes. Then proceed according to status.

Spookyb makes a good point, and I should have been more precise. Only send a new letter if necessary. You dont want to create doubt or confusion about your application. If there is a need, which is what I understood, then send it. Otherwise, wait and see.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
CEC2013 said:
Sorry about jumping to conclusions....but I read your statement as you had gotten VO feedback and they put you under "review required". Thats my bad. Anyways, see my post from before. Apply for GCMS and get the notes. Then proceed according to status.

Spookyb makes a good point, and I should have been more precise. Only send a new letter if necessary. You dont want to create doubt or confusion about your application. If there is a need, which is what I understood, then send it. Otherwise, wait and see.
There are scenarios in which applications are rejected without further clarifications. So sending an updated letter wouldn't do any good?

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
kprs_ind said:
There are scenarios in which applications are rejected without further clarifications. So sending an updated letter wouldn't do any good?
I think it completely depends on the information in the letter. If critical info is missing, then I would send the letter. However, if the question is regarding interpretation of duties, I would wait. Again, more info from the OP would help.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
spookyb said:
I think it completely depends on the information in the letter. If critical info is missing, then I would send the letter. However, if the question is regarding interpretation of duties, I would wait. Again, more info from the OP would help.
Hmmm... I am in the same position. Earlier when I applied, my employer refused to provide employment letter in August. So I sent a cover letter with all the supporting documents. And off late they have started to provide letters which I have requested again. So I am planning to send the letter once I receive from the employer by adding another cover letter why I didn't submit early.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
kprs_ind said:
Hmmm... I am in the same position. Earlier when I applied, my employer refused to provide employment letter in August. So I sent a cover letter with all the supporting documents. And off late they have started to provide letters which I have requested again. So I am planning to send the letter once I receive from the employer by adding another cover letter why I didn't submit early.
Since you haven't sent a letter before, you should definitely send it if you can.