Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCgirl2012 said:
Wow. Talk about a mess!
It is a big mess, without any consistency, some think since they did not face problems in their case...it means everything is fine...No it is NOT fine

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
It is a big mess, without any consistency, some think since they did not face problems in their case...it means everything is fine...No it is NOT fine
I'm aware of many cases other than my own. It doesn't mean I will hate CIC. l will leave that job to you.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
I'm aware of many cases other than my own. It doesn't mean I will hate CIC. l will leave that job to you.
Everything is relative, I believe we all hated CIC for keeping us for 3months in the sponsorship stage...and I do believe noone accept inconsistency, unfair, unjustice, ...
You will even wonder for the same case there is inconsistency, sometimes they answer your enquiry while other times they do not!!
Sometimes they send AOR and other times no AOR....None of that is acceptable

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
Everything is relative, I believe we all hated CIC for keeping us for 3months in the sponsorship stage...and I do believe noone accept inconsistency, unfair, unjustice, ...
You will even wonder for the same case there is inconsistency, sometimes they answer your enquiry while other times they do not!!
I agree! They don't even apologize or even ACKNOWLEDGE they make mistakes when they send your applications to the wrong country like India, or claim they send e-mails you never receive.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
LOL. Do you two live near each other? You'd get along great. Maybe you should go for coffee.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
LOL. Do you two live near each other? You'd get along great. Maybe you should go for coffee.
You were with us in the same boat one day!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Waiting for Step 1 was hard. I'm an impatient person. But I still never hated CIC. It was a long line. It's just how it goes sometimes. I've been on the other end of criticism and people just don't know the whole story or see the big picture.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
[I already posted this in the London VO thread, copied/pasted here too for you guys]

I can't believe it's over!

I landed today at Blackpool Border Crossing (Lacolle / Champlain). It was very breezy and relaxing and everybody was so pleasant and informative.

The most utterly bizarre thing happened when I was entering the United States though. My husband and I decided to go down to Plattsburgh overnight for a little trip, we did some shopping and some sightseeing and then I would land on the way back to Canada the next day. We got sent over to secondary as normal at the US border for me to complete the I-94W visa waiver form and pay the $6 fee (our car was also selected to be searched and I had my concerns that perhaps they'd see my PR documentation and ask me to land in Canada as PR first before being allowed into the US, but evidently they didn't care). While inside the building, the border official starts asking about our band???!! Apparently something went awry during our last day trip to Massena NY in June 2011 and somehow our entry was recorded as being under someone else's visas, specifically a local band in Cornwall ON (we googled them afterwards) who were going to play a show in Malone NY under a P2 entertainment visa. It was the most baffling thing ever, we just stood there kind of dumbstruck for what must have been 10 minutes like... sorry, don't know what to tell you except that just isn't us?. And it was funny because it seemed like they almost didn't quite believe us. The woman kept saying things like "it wouldn't matter even if it was you..." but it wasn't us though!! SO WEIRD.

I just know every time I go to the US now they're gonna be trying to make small talk about 'my band', haha. Odd.

So take heart, my fellow Februarians, it would seem Canada are not unique in their incompetence. ;)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deficient said:
[I already posted this in the London VO thread, copied/pasted here too for you guys]

I can't believe it's over!

I landed today at Blackpool Border Crossing (Lacolle / Champlain). It was very breezy and relaxing and everybody was so pleasant and informative.

The most utterly bizarre thing happened when I was entering the United States though. My husband and I decided to go down to Plattsburgh overnight for a little trip, we did some shopping and some sightseeing and then I would land on the way back to Canada the next day. We got sent over to secondary as normal at the US border for me to complete the I-94W visa waiver form and pay the $6 fee (our car was also selected to be searched and I had my concerns that perhaps they'd see my PR documentation and ask me to land in Canada as PR first before being allowed into the US, but evidently they didn't care). While inside the building, the border official starts asking about our band???!! Apparently something went awry during our last day trip to Massena NY in June 2011 and somehow our entry was recorded as being under someone else's visas, specifically a local band in Cornwall ON (we googled them afterwards) who were going to play a show in Malone NY under a P2 entertainment visa. It was the most baffling thing ever, we just stood there kind of dumbstruck for what must have been 10 minutes like... sorry, don't know what to tell you except that just isn't us?. And it was funny because it seemed like they almost didn't quite believe us. The woman kept saying things like "it wouldn't matter even if it was you..." but it wasn't us though!! SO WEIRD.

I just know every time I go to the US now they're gonna be trying to make small talk about 'my band', haha. Odd.

So take heart, my fellow Februarians, it would seem Canada are not unique in their incompetence. ;)
congratulations,
regarding CIC incompetence is unheard of! I lived in US for so long and did not have problems, The US has fiance visa...

TVG

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (Vienna)
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
16-10-2012 (Fingers Crossed)
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012
Hi everyone just wanted to inform you my husband landed today!! It was a very smooth landing no troubles at all, the immigration office didn't ask him any questions and he was on his way.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, don't be discouraged your time will come. Wish you all the best.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Congrats!! Landing is amazing. What is your husband going to do for work?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
TVG said:
Hi everyone just wanted to inform you my husband landed today!! It was a very smooth landing no troubles at all, the immigration office didn't ask him any questions and he was on his way.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, don't be discouraged your time will come. Wish you all the best.

Congratulations on landing........welcome him to canada!

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
canadiangirl78 said:
Waiting for Step 1 was hard. I'm an impatient person. But I still never hated CIC. It was a long line. It's just how it goes sometimes. I've been on the other end of criticism and people just don't know the whole story or see the big picture.

canadiangirl78: we should not be blaming others for their complaint against CIC. you never know who is going thru what? You might have realized if you would have waited 2 years or so. Please don't be 'rude' on any members. we all are going thru similar situation but not the exact same situation. thanks for understanding.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Dr Eng X said:

Hi Dr. Eng X: I agree 100%. Everything is RELATIVE. I probably am trying to understand your 'complaints'. I don't blame you. We all have similar situation but obviously NOT the exact same situation. Good luck with your waiting.

TVG

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (Vienna)
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
16-10-2012 (Fingers Crossed)
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Congrats!! Landing is amazing. What is your husband going to do for work?
Thanks. He was finishing school to become a physiotherapist... he is going to continue that in the long run but for now he has 3 jobs lined up.. its more labour like.. with a few different carpeting companies whom I know the owners of. So I guess that will be a start for now. What about on your side, in terms of work?