Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
Did your husband put YES for k)??
Nope. Because we don't really consider it serious especially since he is getting treatment. But if you looked it up, it can be quite serious. I don't think it matters what our answer is though because it was on the medical report. And the code for it was on the COPR under medical info.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
TVG said:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with landing, how long did it take to get processed at the airport? Because my husband has about an hour hour between flights to his final destination and I know they process applicants at the first Canadian stop. I am just wondering if that will be enough time? and also does it matter if its a return ticket or does it have to be one way? one way tickets are far more expensive.
It is a 3 step process. The first agent looks at the card you filled out at the airport and sends you to immigration. Then you land. Then you have to go through regular customs and they send you to secondary customs to do the B4. It was less than an hour I think but it also depends on the lines and walking from place to place. There were no lines for us. The ACTUAL landing with the COPR was less than 15 minutes. But I don't really know how he would get back to his flight from immigration. Hmmm. I don't think an hour is enough time. It doesn't matter if it is a return ticket.

Are you sure he would land between connecting flights?

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
So my wife was requested additional documents Aug. 14 from the Manila Visa Office.
We only learnt of this TODAY. From the MPA.

Like I told you, I knew this was gonna happen. Didn't I tell you? Didn't I tell you those people are gonna mess up and send something but we'll never get it?

TVG

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (Vienna)
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
16-10-2012 (Fingers Crossed)
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
It is a 3 step process. The first agent looks at the card you filled out at the airport and sends you to immigration. Then you land. Then you have to go through regular customs and they send you to secondary customs to do the B4. It was less than an hour I think but it also depends on the lines and walking from place to place. There were no lines for us. The ACTUAL landing with the COPR was less than 15 minutes. But I don't really know how he would get back to his flight from immigration. Hmmm. I don't think an hour is enough time. It doesn't matter if it is a return ticket.

Thanks for the info! I still haven't purchased his ticket but my friend will be flying back to Canada on Nov 30th, I wanted him to take the same flight as her so they can get here together and she could help him with translations because he does not speak much english. The flight she has is 1 hour between connecting flights. I guess if they miss the last flight I can pick them up at their first point.

godisgreat4all

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Hi Guys is 4 years separation from ex is enough to proceed with the commonlaw application with my current partner?

will Lease paper and my statutory declaration be enough to prove the separation. Because that is the only think I have to prove it

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
It's so much bull!
They have a deadline! If you don't submit the requested documents by a certain date, they dump your app back in your hands.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:

I think it depends both on the country and airport, I travelled through US and some airports don't have transient area (connection area), you will have to go through border officer evenif you are connecting....I almost missed a flight though the connection time was an hour...I had to wait in line, get through border officer...then re-line for security to check in again!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
They sent her the PPR Aug. 14 and they never bothered asking if she received it or at least have the guts to send it again.
No, they had to wait and wait and wait forever. She could have been in Canada mid-end September.
But no, they had to wait and wait and wait so that I keep sending her $300/month for her disease and waste $6,500 on a trip there that didn't bring her back home.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
WOW how could you not have gotten your PPR request? Did it go to a wrong address or something?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Has she been checking her spam folder? Has she ever gotten an email from them before? Maybe her email address is incorrect. Do you have copies of your application to see what you put?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
So my wife was requested additional documents Aug. 14 from the Manila Visa Office.
We only learnt of this TODAY. From the MPA.

Like I told you, I knew this was gonna happen. Didn't I tell you? Didn't I *censored word*ing tell you those *censored word*ers are gonna mess up and send something but we'll never get it cuz they will *censored word* up? Didn't I *censored word*ing tell you?!?!?!
What were the additional documents they requested?

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Has she been checking her spam folder? Has she ever gotten an email from them before? Maybe her email address is incorrect. Do you have copies of your application to see what you put?
Yes she received email from them before.
She ain't stupid, those are really fucking dumb questions that you're asking.
The MPA double-checked with me the address they used and it is correct.
Their emails do NOT go in spam folder but she checks that anyway.
Every day.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
ThunderSoul said:
She ain't stupid, those are really *censored word*ing dumb questions that you're asking.
Every day.
Whoa, ThunderSoul, my man, relax for a second here. I know this is about the 983759864026th cock up they've made with your application and you have every right to feel frustrated but canadiangirl is trying to be constructive and helpful, it's not fair to take it out on her.

Also, I am not sure about how they handle things when they make a document request and you miss their deadline. I see someone else on another forum has had a request for documents and sent them in and the documents have somehow become lost. That person received a notice saying that they have not received the documents but I am not sure what happens from there and whether there's a chance to resolve things. I will let you know what happens if that user makes another post since this info is clearly relevant to you. But they definitely don't immediately dump your application back in your hands. I can say that even from personal experience, as I too missed a medical deadline without my application being terminated.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
She ain't stupid, those are really *censored word*ing dumb questions that you're asking.
Every day.
Well I will stop asking questions then. Good luck.