+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2012 Applicants - Join here!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Confirmation of Permanent Residence

And yes your file was likely started before the date it says in ecas. I'm sure mine was.

How it goes is they don't reject people willy nilly. You'll get your visa. It's just taking forever which is not pleasant.
My theory is as follows:

Medical: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp
This states:
If decision HAS been MADE and the medical expired or is about to expire, and extension will be done.
If decision has NOT been MADE and the medical expired or is about to expire, you have to re-do the medical.

Fact: My wife's medical expired.

Based on the above:

If a decision has NOT been MADE, then she was supposed to be contacted to re-do her medical.
She was not contacted. Therefore a decision HAS been MADE.

If a decision HAS been MADE to ALLOWED (and her medical expired) then they have to extend her medical AND request her PPR so that they have her passport and the results of the medical back, ready for stamp.
She did not receive her PPR. This implies that she has been rejected... :(

Refer to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.PDF

6k) is a YES. We put NO. And she mentioned her serious disease in her medical.
Talked to MPA yesterday and her serious disease is covered by OHIP. That was shocking, I thought it wasn't.
She went on to say that if the officer expects her to consume more tax payer money for Health than the average Canadian, she will be denied a VISA.

I have a serious bad feeling about this... I feel a rejection letter is on the way because of that... Follow my logic, combined with what I just said, and I think it will make sense to you guys too...

*cry*

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
My theory is as follows:

Medical: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp
This states:
If decision HAS been MADE and the medical expired or is about to expire, and extension will be done.
If decision has NOT been MADE and the medical expired or is about to expire, you have to re-do the medical.

Fact: My wife's medical expired.

Based on the above:

If a decision has NOT been MADE, then she was supposed to be contacted to re-do her medical.
She was not contacted. Therefore a decision HAS been MADE.

If a decision HAS been MADE to ALLOWED (and her medical expired) then they have to extend her medical AND request her PPR so that they have her passport and the results of the medical back, ready for stamp.
She did not receive her PPR. This implies that she has been rejected... :(

Refer to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.PDF

6k) is a YES. We put NO. And she mentioned her serious disease in her medical.
Talked to MPA yesterday and her serious disease is covered by OHIP. That was shocking, I thought it wasn't.
She went on to say that if the officer expects her to consume more tax payer money for Health than the average Canadian, she will be denied a VISA.

I have a serious bad feeling about this... I feel a rejection letter is on the way because of that... Follow my logic, combined with what I just said, and I think it will make sense to you guys too...

*cry*
I got PPR before ecas even said in process OR decision made. Don't base anything off of ecas. They might be doing the extension right now if you are in the end. There is NO REJECTION letter coming. It would already say DECISION MADE. And there is NO reason to reject your wife unless you are not telling us something. Have you asked in the medical extension thread what other people have experienced? It is going to be fine TS.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
I got PPR before ecas even said in process OR decision made. Don't base anything off of ecas. They might be doing the extension right now if you are in the end. There is NO REJECTION letter coming. It would already say DECISION MADE. And there is NO reason to reject your wife unless you are not telling us something. Have you asked in the medical extension thread what other people have experienced? It is going to be fine TS.

I told you everything. We just found out about d) e) k) yesterday so that's new worries we got.
Apparently what we did in d) and e) is OK...
It's k) I'm worried about now... :\

Do you think she may be home by... Christmas? *dreaming*

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
But they don't update e-cas that frequently, so they probably didn't update it to DECISION MADE yet for a rejection. :( :( :(

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
But they don't update e-cas that frequently, so they probably didn't update it to DECISION MADE yet for a rejection. :( :( :(
If they mail out a rejection, it will say decision made first. Decision Made appears before the visa is mailed out.

I missed what K is about. And I understand your stress. But it is going to be ok. And Christmas is possible!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
If they mail out a rejection, it will say decision made first. Decision Made appears before the visa is mailed out.

I missed what K is about. And I understand your stress. But it is going to be ok. And Christmas is possible!
I thought the applicant always has a right to an interview before being rejected....so the denial can be appealed?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
KJG said:
I thought the applicant always has a right to an interview before being rejected....so the denial can be appealed?
Exactly and good point - see TS?!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Exactly and good point - see TS?!
k) is about having a serious disease or physical or mental illness.

Really? They are really gonna give an interview to someone who says "YES" to all questions in #6?? I can't see that happening...

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
I just got a big jolt of energy from your guys' comments and I'm feeling hyper. But I'm at work. Keeping my cool, keeping my cool. I have a good feeling about this now, I hope it's true...

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
ThunderSoul said:
OK I read the link.
So most likely my wife will have to redo her medical because she hasn't received a PPR, which means they haven't made their decision yet.
The link says if no decision has been made and the medical expired, they will ask her to re-do it.
Right?

Or it's possible the decision has already been made: denied. :( Maybe that's why they're not asking for PPR or her to re-do the medical... Maybe there's already a letter on the way..... denied! :(:(:(
How will she find out she's been accepted or denied? E-mail or letter?
your welcome for the link and as i said before (so no one bites my head off :p) the way I read it is yes they will ask her to re-do them but I am not an expert by any means. My VO and your VO are way different in the way they do things so I am sorry I cannot give you a for sure answer. Applications go to Kingston(mine) and no one hears from them for about 6 months after it gets there so have faith and wait patiently that is about all anyone can do until their VO contacts them with further information.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
ThunderSoul said:
I just got a big jolt of energy from your guys' comments and I'm feeling hyper. But I'm at work. Keeping my cool, keeping my cool. I have a good feeling about this now, I hope it's true...

Just keep the faith and always hope for the best, expecting the worst just makes your more depressed and the worst case scenarios run thru your mind. Wait patiently for an answer and if it is denied then there is always the appeal process, but remember a bigger percentage gets accepted then denied! We are all here for you, me especially cause I will still be here by next year too so don't feel you have to go thru this alone! Blessings!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
k) is about having a serious disease or physical or mental illness.

Really? They are really gonna give an interview to someone who says "YES" to all questions in #6?? I can't see that happening...
What was the answer to K?

Well if there are security concerns, they will do some major background checks and what not and it will take a couple years. Happening to someone in the Mexico thread. You don't get a fast no, that is for sure. You get an extremely slow no. You are in process - that is fabulous! Stop thinking the worst, PPR is next.

Even the medical - if you are at the end they WILL extend it. It barely just expired! Ecas doesn't give you enough info to know where you are really at in the process. And even if there is a redo medical, it doesn't take that long to process and then PPR is immediately after.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ceeallen said:
hey peeps. I recently got a reply back from my visa office aftr receiving approval back in august. The visa office replied and said my case is in processing queue. What does this mean?? Does it mean initial review is completed?
Sounds like an AOR from your visa office. It is good! You have to talk to people in your same VO to know what the usual process is though.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
What was the answer to K?

Well if there are security concerns, they will do some major background checks and what not and it will take a couple years. Happening to someone in the Mexico thread. You don't get a fast no, that is for sure. You get an extremely slow no. You are in process - that is fabulous! Stop thinking the worst, PPR is next.

Even the medical - if you are at the end they WILL extend it. It barely just expired! Ecas doesn't give you enough info to know where you are really at in the process. And even if there is a redo medical, it doesn't take that long to process and then PPR is immediately after.
We put NO to k) because we don't consider her disease to be serious at all.
But after some google time and some time on the phone with the MPA, it turns out they both say it's a serious disease.
She mentioned her disease on the medical and the surgeries she had.

Seriously? A couple of years for her disease that is somewhat common in women? (6-10% have a form of it).
This is total BULL-SHIT!