Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
ThunderSoul said:
How so? It says they started Sept. 25, how can they have started earlier?
I am confused, I was not talking about when they started. I meant to extend medicals they must finish all paperwork and be ready to issue COPR within 3 months of medical expiry.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
Oh? You really think they check their records? To me it's something like this:

Scenario 1
Officer: Are you a criminal?
Applicant: No.
Officer: <performs background check>

Scenario 2
Officer: Are you a criminal?
Applicant: Yes.
Officer: You are not allowed in Canada. Goodbye.

I don't feel they make background checks to check you're not a criminal if you incriminate yourself. It's easier to say "goodbye" then go through the process of letting someone through.
I know you've been burned but that is not how it goes.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
How so? It says they started Sept. 25, how can they have started earlier?
Because ecas isn't accurate. I got my PPR (visa approved) before I even saw in process on ecas. They do a lot of work before they even change ecas to in process.
ETA: Even though ecas isn't all that accurate or reflective of what is actually happening, there is no question that seeing IN PROCESS is absolutely awesome news.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
R151NG5UN said:
Being proactive as you say and doing your medical before being asked is a huge no no. It totally complicates your file and is strongly advised against. There have been people who have been "proactive" and their application has been left in a mess due to having 2 sets of medicals on their file, unable to match with their records. When you are requested for your 2nd medical you are given a file number which you bring to the DMP and then once completed it saves a lot more time than you just being "proactive". Also a lot of DMP's are advised not to do a 2nd medical without the written confirmation, some DMP's won't touch a 2nd medical.

Also once your application is being processed, as long as the file is complete within 3 months of expiration they can issue a further extension under their discretion.

WOW I guess I was wrong....... See the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp
from what I read, if the only thing holding up the officer is that the medical is expired or about to be expired (because you cannot enter Canada with an expired medical) then he can ask for an extension for a medical officer to look at the medical again. Not because they haven't made their decision yet. They would have already made their decision but cannot get the visa because of an expired medical then they would ask for the extension, if they are still in the process of making their decision and your medical becomes expired then yes you will have to redo it.

As for being "proactive" as i stated, I don't feel that is wrong because at least you don't have to wait for the officer to let you know then go get the medical done, then send it back in etc......they will already have it in their hands. It cannot be screwed up because the medicals all have dates on them and they would use the most recent. I know a girl that has done this and it has not affected hers at all.

Before you belittle people for their "opinions" you should reword your message. I was only trying to help and he does not have to follow my advice, that is what the forum is for to help others not to belittle what they have to say. Sorry I won't be helping anyone in the near future.

Lily_TV

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
help...

I have yet to hear back from the VO about my husband's PR application and He is going on a business trip for 8 weeks; Here are my questions.
1; Do we need to inform the VO; We were planning on it just to avoid any complications
2.anyone here went through the similar experience and would like to share their thoughts.

thanks Lily.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
I am confused, I was not talking about when they started. I meant to extend medicals they must finish all paperwork and be ready to issue COPR within 3 months of medical expiry.

Her medical already expired... Does that mean it will be extended or not?

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Because ecas isn't accurate. I got my PPR (visa approved) before I even saw in process on ecas. They do a lot of work before they even change ecas to in process.
ETA: Even though ecas isn't all that accurate or reflective of what is actually happening, there is no question that seeing IN PROCESS is absolutely awesome news.

However e-cas has a date. Says they started working on it Sept. 25. Even if they just updated e-cas like yesterday to say they started Sept. 25, they still started Sept. 25, right? So it doesn't really matter if I get this information Sept. 25 or Oct. 22. Or are you saying that they just say "Sept. 25" even though it was earlier???

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
chickie72 said:

from what I read, if the only thing holding up the officer is that the medical is expired or about to be expired (because you cannot enter Canada with an expired medical) then he can ask for an extension for a medical officer to look at the medical again. Not because they haven't made their decision yet. They would have already made their decision but cannot get the visa because of an expired medical then they would ask for the extension, if they are still in the process of making their decision and your medical becomes expired then yes you will have to redo it.

As for being "proactive" as i stated, I don't feel that is wrong because at least you don't have to wait for the officer to let you know then go get the medical done, then send it back in etc......they will already have it in their hands. It cannot be screwed up because the medicals all have dates on them and they would use the most recent. I know a girl that has done this and it has not affected hers at all.

Before you belittle people for their "opinions" you should reword your message. I was only trying to help and he does not have to follow my advice, that is what the forum is for to help others not to belittle what they have to say. Sorry I won't be helping anyone in the near future.
Thank you for the link, Chickie... :)

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
chickie72 said:

OK I read the link.
So most likely my wife will have to redo her medical because she hasn't received a PPR, which means they haven't made their decision yet.
The link says if no decision has been made and the medical expired, they will ask her to re-do it.
Right?

Or it's possible the decision has already been made: denied. :( Maybe that's why they're not asking for PPR or her to re-do the medical... Maybe there's already a letter on the way..... denied! :(:(:(
How will she find out she's been accepted or denied? E-mail or letter?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
What does COPR stand for again?

Thanks!
Confirmation of Permanent Residence

And yes your file was likely started before the date it says in ecas. I'm sure mine was.

How it goes is they don't reject people willy nilly. You'll get your visa. It's just taking forever which is not pleasant.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
She will get an email, TS.

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
Hi Everyone I GOT MY PPR YESTERDAY!!! I still am pinching myself to see if I am sleeping or dreaming. I am requested to mail in my actual original passport. I am traveling this weekend but luckily its by car and I have my passport card so I will be mailing in my photos and passport to LA TODAY!!

do we know what the average turn around time is?

THANK YOU to everyone for your help and comments and encouragement!!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
happylaw said:
Hi Everyone I GOT MY PPR YESTERDAY!!! I still am pinching myself to see if I am sleeping or dreaming. I am requested to mail in my actual original passport. I am traveling this weekend but luckily its by car and I have my passport card so I will be mailing in my photos and passport to LA TODAY!!

do we know what the average turn around time is?

THANK YOU to everyone for your help and comments and encouragement!!
good work!