+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2012 Applicants - Join here!

h82w8

Jul 13, 2012
happylaw said:
Hi Everyone!! So I just spoke with my MP and asked him to inquire about my case. He told me that the only thing that is hold me up is my medical which I already knew from the LA office. He said that it's nothing to do with my case in particular but rather that they are just busy. I told him that people that have filed after me have been getting their PPR and he told me I shouldnt look at that since every case is different and people arent honest about their timelines (ummm why wouldn't people be honest?).

This is so frustrating since its not like its just one person that has gotten their PPR its a bunch from march and even april and I am from Feb!!! I am very happy for everyone getting their PPR so dont misunderstand this post I am just trying to get to the bottom of my case and it seems like there is something with my medicals thats holding me up. Is anyone else from Feb in the same boat? I have the most simple case. Now he told me I may have to redo my medicals unless he can ask them to extend the medicals.
happylaw you're definitely not alone...i'm a Feb 7th applicant still waiting...we were asked to redo our medicals and for whatever reason they didn't even consider extending their validity for us...we resubmitted my hubby's medicals a month ago and we are still waiting :( eCAS still doesn't say "medical results received" so not sure what's happening or if there is a major backlog in sorting out and matching up medical results...I'm hoping for a happy and speedy ending to this craziness for all Feb cases:)

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
h82w8 said:
happylaw you're definitely not alone...i'm a Feb 7th applicant still waiting...we were asked to redo our medicals and for whatever reason they didn't even consider extending their validity for us...we resubmitted my hubby's medicals a month ago and we are still waiting :( eCAS still doesn't say "medical results received" so not sure what's happening or if there is a major backlog in sorting out and matching up medical results...I'm hoping for a happy and speedy ending to this craziness for all Feb cases:)
Thanks for your kind words! I am not sure if mine will get extended or not but the MP said he will check since they expire in less than a month and they came out with the policy that if the only thing hold your case up is medicals then the officer can extend them. Thats strange how they are asking people to redo them. I hope they arent asking to redo them because they lost them. I don't understand how they are giving out March PPRs when Feb arent ready yet! At this point all I want for Christmas is my permanent residency!! I hope we hear great news soon!

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr Eng X said:
I think there is something wong in posted processing times for Ankara
Yes, suddenly it's increased from 6 months to 16 months. Now it's 15 months. But I believe 15 months is their maximum, because we've seen that they complete some cases in 2-3 months and they are still one of the fastest V.O for immigration applications.. Ankara is serving people from Azerbaijan, Georgia, Iran, Turkey and Turkmenistan for family class, and some of applications take too much time for background screening.

TVG

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (Vienna)
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
16-10-2012 (Fingers Crossed)
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012
Hi everybody,
wonderful news from me today... My husbands "interview" went extremely well.. I can't call it an interview because it lasted less than 20min and they didn't even look at any evidence he brought except for some recent pictures... and she even apologized that she couldn't issue him a visa on the spot seeing as the interview was held at an IOM office, but she told him to expect to see him in Canada right before Christmas.

Thanks to everyone for all of your help and good luck to everybody. :)

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TVG said:
Hi everybody,
wonderful news from me today... My husbands "interview" went extremely well.. I can't call it an interview because it lasted less than 20min and they didn't even look at any evidence he brought except for some recent pictures... and she even apologized that she couldn't issue him a visa on the spot seeing as the interview was held at an IOM office, but she told him to expect to see him in Canada right before Christmas.

Perfect news.. Congratulations.!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
TVG said:
Hi everybody,

:D :D yippee!!!! :D :D

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
TVG said:
Hi everybody,

Congrats!!! That is awesome.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TVG said:
Hi everybody,

Congrats

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
TVG said:
Hi everybody,

Congrats!

TVG

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (Vienna)
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
16-10-2012 (Fingers Crossed)
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012
Thanks everyone I wish you all the best.

Just waiting for him to get his visa now and since the interviewer said he will be here by Christmas - it will be the best Christmas present of my life :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
TVG said:
Thanks everyone I wish you all the best.

Just waiting for him to get his visa now and since the interviewer said he will be here by Christmas - it will be the best Christmas present of my life :)
yeah.......my husband will be here before then as well and that was my wish...for him to be here before Christmas!!!!! :D

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
BCgirl2012 said:
a whopping 15 months
UGH! Gosh, I was just whining and complaining about my Hard Life (with my husband! in canada!!) in the GCMS thread but now I just read this, I feel like a [ahem] ******* (you get the idea).

Fingers crossed for you that 15 months is an error or some kind of worst case scenario estimate.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Deficient said:
UGH! Gosh, I was just whining and complaining about my Hard Life (with my husband! in canada!!) in the GCMS thread but now I just read this, I feel like a [ahem] ******* (you get the idea).

Fingers crossed for you that 15 months is an error or some kind of worst case scenario estimate.
Oh thanks for the wishes! I really need them. I try to keep positive, though I must admit that some days, it gets really difficult. I know all of us have different challenges to face. We will all get there. Hopefully, sooner rather than later!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCgirl2012 said:
So, yes. It was 5 months when we submitted our application in May, then they announced 6 months in June. The big shock came in August : a whopping 15 months. I can't imagine us living apart for that long. We've already done that for 2 years so far!
Deficient said:

People did not like me when I complained about the long processing times and there should not be times to begin with!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
BCgirl2012 said:
Oh thanks for the wishes! I really need them. I try to keep positive, though I must admit that some days, it gets really difficult. I know all of us have different challenges to face. We will all get there. Hopefully, sooner rather than later!
BCgirl2012.....stay positive....it is a long haul but truly worth it.......I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised....my VO is 10 months and it took less than 3.......your time is coming very soon..... :)