18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
goo dmorning

i have a question my husband just had interview in Vienna , and the Vienna told him they will let us know how he did in his interview, do you know how long will take to know tha answer thanks

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCgirl2012 said:
Oh thanks for the wishes! I really need them. I try to keep positive, though I must admit that some days, it gets really difficult. I know all of us have different challenges to face. We will all get there. Hopefully, sooner rather than later!
I can feel you

godisgreat4all

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Hi All,

I am about to submit my common law application. My wife is in Canadian PR holder and applied for her Canadian citizenship. Actually I applied before early this year under spousal sponsorship. Because we are legally married to but the problem was that my wife had a previous marriage and according to CIC that Divorce certificate was not valid. Unfortunately my wife can not apply for the divorce again because she does not have any contact with her x husband for last 5 years, since then she is in Canada and she does not even know where her ex husband is.

But as I have lived with her for more than a year continuously and I came to India this july 2012, so I have decided to apply as commonlaw this time by showing the proof of their separation as building lease paper and her statutory declaration for separation.

Please give me your inputs about my case and suggestions...I am desperately waiting friends.

Any Help please.....................................

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
godisgreat4all said:
Hi All,

I am about to submit my common law application. My wife is in Canadian PR holder and applied for her Canadian citizenship. Actually I applied before early this year under spousal sponsorship. Because we are legally married to but the problem was that my wife had a previous marriage and according to CIC that Divorce certificate was not valid. Unfortunately my wife can not apply for the divorce again because she does not have any contact with her x husband for last 5 years, since then she is in Canada and she does not even know where her ex husband is.

But as I have lived with her for more than a year continuously and I came to India this july 2012, so I have decided to apply as commonlaw this time by showing the proof of their separation as building lease paper and her statutory declaration for separation.

Please give me your inputs about my case and suggestions...I am desperately waiting friends.

Any Help please.....................................
Why did CIC decide that her divorce certificate isn't valid? Do you mean you applied early this year and your application was refused? I am hoping with more information we can give you better feedback.

godisgreat4all

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Yes , you are right. It was refused in this july 2012. My wife is living separately from her ex for last 5 years. the Divorce certificate was issued in Pakistan not in Canada. Because she was married in Pakistan. Then she came to Canada in 2007 and since then she is living separately. So though immigration rejected the divorce paper but we can not apply for her new divorce now with her ex husband. because We even dont know where her ex husband lives now.

So now I will be applying as common law. As a proof of her separation I am going to produce the house lease paper where her name and her mother name is there and I am as occupant and her notarized declaration of separation.

So will these evident be good enough to prove the separation ?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
godisgreat4all said:
Yes , you are right. It was refused in this july 2012. My wife is living separately from her ex for last 5 years. the Divorce certificate was issued in Pakistan not in Canada. Because she was married in Pakistan. Then she came to Canada in 2007 and since then she is living separately. So though immigration rejected the divorce paper but we can not apply for her new divorce now with her ex husband. because We even dont know where her ex husband lives now.

So now I will be applying as common law. As a proof of her separation I am going to produce the house lease paper where her name and her mother name is there and I am as occupant and her notarized declaration of separation.

So will these evident be good enough to prove the separation ?
read this operational manual carefully
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/index.asp
I believe you can't prove any current relation unless you have legally (in the eyes of Canada) ended previous relation

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
*sigh*

Still nothing... :(
Hi TS....I have been wondering about you....I am so sorry to hear that there has been no movement on your file....hopefully soon.

godisgreat4all

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
read this operational manual carefully
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/index.asp
I believe you can't prove any current relation unless you have legally (in the eyes of Canada) ended previous relation

My wife and her ex husband is really been living separately for last 5 years. She is in Canada and we dont know where her husband is.

So if we produce
1)lease paper where her mother and she are the lease holders and

2)And the notarized copy of statutory declaration of separation written by my wife.

What do you think are these not enough evident to prove separation with ex husband?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
godisgreat4all said:

My wife and her ex husband is really been living separately for last 5 years. She is in Canada and we dont know where her husband is.

So if we produce

2)And the notarized copy of statutory declaration of separation written by my wife.

What do you think are these not enough evident to prove separation with ex husband?
It is NOT what I personally think. It is what Canada thinks.
I think you will need to consult a lawyer to legally provide a divorce certificate. I believe marriages end with divorce or annulment but don't end with separation (I think separation is for common law)
I am not a lawyer. I think or I believe were based on my understanding of the OP manual
Regardless you need a professional legal advice

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
KJG said:
BCgirl2012.....stay positive....it is a long haul but truly worth it.......I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised....my VO is 10 months and it took less than 3.......your time is coming very soon..... :)
Thanks KJG! I'm looking forward to the pleasant surprise here :) It's definitely worth it. I am trying to distract myself to the positive side what will we do when he comes etc. However, today, my topic of the day is how to celebrate when he finally gets his visa :D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
BCgirl2012 said:
Thanks KJG! I'm looking forward to the pleasant surprise here :) It's definitely worth it. I am trying to distract myself to the positive side what will we do when he comes etc. However, today, my topic of the day is how to celebrate when he finally gets his visa :D
good for you....my question is when my husband gets here I know he is going to want a beef dinner....so do I go prime rib.....roast beef with yorkshire....or a good old barbequed t-bone steak????? :)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
godisgreat4all said:

So if we produce

I am not sure why CIC hasn't accepted their divorce certificate, however, if she lives in Canada, obtaining a Canadian divorce is also an option.

As for a previous marriage w/o a divorce and applying as common law, you already have a refused case with CIC so I'd think that you should put your application together with even more care. I have seen one case that such a case worked but again, if you have an option of applying for an acceptable divorce, then why not?

CIC will consider a divorce if it is legal in the county it was issued. Why didn't they accept hers? You might want to start from there.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
KJG said:
good for you....my question is when my husband gets here I know he is going to want a beef dinner....so do I go prime rib.....roast beef with yorkshire....or a good old barbequed t-bone steak????? :)
Is he open to non-Cuban food? Then I'd vote for roast beef with yorkshire pudding, and all the fixings! Yum!