Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
30/10/2011
scooper81 said:
Mine says the same. For the second stage app Received and Meds done. PPR is passport request. I assume that is the next step unless they want to interview us? Not sure how long it is taking in some VO's for example New Delhi seems to be quite quick but I am in London so we'll see.
Thank you for your reply. So these people got their visas already :eek:? If so they are so lucky! I was wondering because I filed my app earlier then them and my status is not even showing "In Process". I wish I was going through New Delhi they are so fast!!

nakash: "My wife is showing "In Process" since June 04. We filed on February 2nd. PPR was May 25, PP sent May 26".

lalatata: "Mine shows Application Received and Medical Results Received. We filed on Feb 8th. PPR was June 1, PP sent June 4".

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
IrinaAbdNova said:
Thank you for your reply. So these people got their visas already :eek:? If so they are so lucky! I was wondering because I filed my app earlier then them and my status is not even showing "In Process". I wish I was going through New Delhi they are so fast!!

nakash: "My wife is showing "In Process" since June 04. We filed on February 2nd. PPR was May 25, PP sent May 26".

lalatata: "Mine shows Application Received and Medical Results Received. We filed on Feb 8th. PPR was June 1, PP sent June 4".
Hey IrinaAbdNova,

Some VO ask for the passport right away, it doesn't mean that the visas are issued or approved, it's just the procedure... New Delhi for example asks for the passport more or less when they receive and open the application, approximately 3 weeks (from the different cases, it's not official information!) from the sponsorship approval...each VO has its own procedure, and maybe Moscow only asks when they have decided to approve and issue the visa... for sure it would be nice to hear from them, but from CIC website, Moscow is 13 months... so it's seem normal that you have not heard from them, and you should be fine!

Good luck,
Sweden

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Sweden said:
Hey IrinaAbdNova,

Some VO ask for the passport right away, it doesn't mean that the visas are issued or approved, it's just the procedure... New Delhi for example asks for the passport more or less when they receive and open the application, approximately 3 weeks (from the different cases, it's not official information!) from the sponsorship approval...each VO has its own procedure, and maybe Moscow only asks when they have decided to approve and issue the visa... for sure it would be nice to hear from them, but from CIC website, Moscow is 13 months... so it's seem normal that you have not heard from them, and you should be fine!

Good luck,
Sweden
Sweden,

Do you know what the procedure is for the London office?

srdjan11273

Jun 6, 2012
FINALYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MY ECAS IS SHOWING DECISION MADEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! i've been waiting so long... ''We sent you a letter on June 20, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.''

please update the spreadsheet.

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Processing times still show that they're working on Feb.29 applications.

March 2, 2012 became an important date for new sponsorships. I believe they seperated the packages up to March 1st and sent March 2nd applications to Ottawa. This could be a reason for delays as well as closing some offices abroad such as Buffalo.

Everything should become normal after a while but February and March applicants suffered a lot..

Here is the new rule:

Five-year Sponsorship Bar for persons who were sponsored to come to Canada as a spouse or partner

On March 2, 2012, changes to the eligibility requirements for sponsors came into force. These changes bar a previously-sponsored spouse or partner, from sponsoring a new spouse or partner within five years of becoming a permanent resident, even if the sponsor acquired citizenship during that period. Other members of the family class will not be affected by the regulatory changes.

Scenarios for previously sponsored spouses/partners Date of Sponsorship Application Eligibility to sponsor

- Sponsorship application received prior to March 2, 2012 Not subject to the 5-year sponsorship bar regardless of the date on which the sponsor became a permanent resident

- Sponsorship application received on or following March 2, 2012 Subject to the 5-year sponsorship bar

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srdjan11273 said:
FINALYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MY ECAS IS SHOWING DECISION MADEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! i've been waiting so long... ''We sent you a letter on June 20, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.''
Good news.. I am very happy for you..!! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scooper81 said:
Sweden,

Do you know what the procedure is for the London office?
Hey Scooper81,

I am not completely sure, because also it depends on your nationality. For visa-exempt countries, they don't ask for the pp anymore, they just issue a letter (COPR - confirmation of PR) that the applicant can show at the border. In that case, the only contact that the applicant has with London VO is when they receive the COPR by mail or snail mail. Some cases get done in 2 or 3 months, others in way more... average for London is 7 months (80% of the cases get done in 7 months). From what I have seen from the UK thread, people from non-visa-exempt countries get asked for their passport rather towards the end of the process, and it takes a bit longer because of the background checks to do. But maybe checking the UK thread sheet will give you a better idea. it's of course difficult to know and predict anything, so it is based on what I can see from the spreadsheet and from following the thread.

Good luck!
Sweden

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Thank you Sweden,

I am keeping my fingers crossed we get this whole process done a lot quicker than the 7 months as I would like to get started with our life in Canada. It is so hard to organise anything without knowing the exact dates. Thank you again for the information.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Herjeet said:
HURRRAAAAY! I got my AOR at 1:05 am London time! Finally, some thing is happening, dose anyone know what the average time from receiving a AOR to sponsorship approval takes on average? Good luck to all and maybe someone can update me on the spreadsheet. The application was received by them on the 19 of March 2012.
Hey Herjeet....congrats..so happy for you....well I am still waiting for my approval...but when I logged in late late afternoon yesterday on ecas it said decision made and letter sent out June 20th....damned if I know why they sent it by canada post when I got an email for the AOR...but regardless should have next week and under my husbands name it shows medical received......so AOR on the 14th and decision on the 20th....... ;D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
srdjan11273 said:

please update the spreadsheet.
same has me!!!!! ;D

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Galip said:
Processing times still show that they're working on Feb.29 applications.

March 2, 2012 became an important date for new sponsorships. I believe they seperated the packages up to March 1st and sent March 2nd applications to Ottawa. This could be a reason for delays as well as closing some offices abroad such as Buffalo.

Everything should become normal after a while but February and March applicants suffered a lot..

Here is the new rule:

Five-year Sponsorship Bar for persons who were sponsored to come to Canada as a spouse or partner

On March 2, 2012, changes to the eligibility requirements for sponsors came into force. These changes bar a previously-sponsored spouse or partner, from sponsoring a new spouse or partner within five years of becoming a permanent resident, even if the sponsor acquired citizenship during that period. Other members of the family class will not be affected by the regulatory changes.

Scenarios for previously sponsored spouses/partners Date of Sponsorship Application Eligibility to sponsor

- Sponsorship application received prior to March 2, 2012 Not subject to the 5-year sponsorship bar regardless of the date on which the sponsor became a permanent resident

- Sponsorship application received on or following March 2, 2012 Subject to the 5-year sponsorship bar
Galip, I think you're making an interesting point. I do hope the processing times go down a little bit. I feel for Feb and March applicants. With all these policy changes, form changes, office closures etc.

Good thing is, almost all Feb applicants have heard back :)

IrinaAbdNova

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
30/10/2011
Sweden said:
Hey IrinaAbdNova,

Good luck,
Sweden
ohh ok.. thank you for clarifying ))) I thought all VO's worked the same way. Yeah I know Moscow takes awhile, however I am a bit worried for a reason, I follow people's timeline and in most cases Moscow works much faster, they hear something from them or get their status changed to "In Process". And so far I got no AOR or status change.. so it's stressful, Im sure you understand me if you are going through the same process)).

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Herjeet said:
HURRRAAAAY! I got my AOR at 1:05 am London time! Finally, some thing is happening, dose anyone know what the average time from receiving a AOR to sponsorship approval takes on average? Good luck to all and maybe someone can update me on the spreadsheet. The application was received by them on the 19 of March 2012.
Very good news Herjeet.. Very happy for you! :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4