+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2014 test & interview passers

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chrysss said:
Am I the only Feb 2013 tester & interview passer that has not received Oath invitation yet?
You are not the only one Dude! :'(

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
You are not the only one Dude! :'(
I never got RQ. But may get it in future. In your case, I see you got RQ (pre-test) and then you took the test and it has already been 6 months since you took your test. So, if you call the call-center, they'd be able to send reminder to your local office now. They can send reminder to local office 6 months after test.

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Chrysss said:
I never got RQ. But may get it in future. In your case, I see you got RQ (pre-test) and then you took the test and it has already been 6 months since you took your test. So, if you call the call-center, they'd be able to send reminder to your local office now. They can send reminder to local office 6 months after test.
Call center told us that we need waiting for 36 month because we got Rq

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marylulu said:
But RQ was before test, right?
Some agents are lazy or don't know correct thing to do. Once 6 months have passed AFTER your test, the agent can send a reminder to the office.
So, call again and tell the agent, 6 months have passed since my test. I was told that if I don't hear anything in 6 months, the call center can send a reminder to citizenship officer to check on status.

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Chrysss said:
But RQ was before test, right?
Some agents are lazy or don't know correct thing to do. Once 6 months have passed AFTER your test, the agent can send a reminder to the office.
So, call again and tell the agent, 6 months have passed since my test. I was told that if I don't hear anything in 6 months, the call center can send a reminder to citizenship officer to check on status.
thanks.yes,I got Rq before text,I will call center at tomorrow.

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Folks I am still waiting too feb 20th so within 3 days I will complete 6 months!! No news from the local office even after the reminder that CIC has sent them since 2 months!!!!

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Concerned said:
Folks I am still waiting too feb 20th so within 3 days I will complete 6 months!! No news from the local office even after the reminder that CIC has sent them since 2 months!!!!
They sent a reminder even before 6 months were up? I've call center many times and they've repeatedly told me "no update, but if you call after 6 months have passed, we can send a follow-up inquiry to the local office". I am surprised that you got them to send a reminder even before 6 months were up.

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Marylulu said:
I caled cic today,was told that we still need waiting for 36 month because we got Rq,no matter you got Rq before text and after text.now just waiting and be patient.

saodir

May 13, 2014
Marylulu said:
I caled cic today,was told that we still need waiting for 36 month because we got Rq,no matter you got Rq before text and after text.now just waiting and be patient.
It is not 36 months now, it's now 35 months according to CIC online.

Jun 26, 2014
Finally my husband got a rescheduled date for citizenship ceremony! :D He came to Canada in November 2008 (PR).
Below is his timeline.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 6, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 6, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 6, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on August 26, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 18, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

He missed his ceremony because we were out of the country on Sept.18, 2014.

September 30, 2014, I sent a letter to CIC explaining the reasons for missing the ceremony and requesting for it to be rescheduled.

January 23, 2015 I got a letter in the mail for a rescheduled date, for him to attend the Oath ceremony. (not yet updated on CIC website)

February 09, 2015, is his Oath ceremony :)

WHAT A LONG PROCESS! Good luck to everyone else!

Montrealuser

Sep 24, 2014
Hello All

This is my time line in Montreal

Sent application Nov 2012
RQ Sept 2013
Test Feb 2014 (passed)

last time I checked the CIC agent said that there will be a judge hearing

dose any one know how long does it take to see a judge in Montreal its been a year since i took the test?

Thanks

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied : Oct 2012 with close to 1350 days residency
Process start: Jan 2013
RQ: Aug 2013
Submitted: Sept 2013
Test: Feb 2014 at St. Clair
Oath: Waiting for Oath......

Its going to be an year since my test. last I know from Oct 2014, my file is still at St. Clair and the pre-test RQ was because I lost my passport and CoPR........

not sure how long I have to wait still.......