+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2014 test & interview passers

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our apps are in the pile and officers are sleeping on them :).

They said we should receive within 2 months.. I m thinking to write letter on sharp 2 months mark to Scarborough if I don't hear by March 22nd. .

Nara said:
We are in the same boat Vinaypuri. I had test on Feb 10 @ Scarborough, nothing yet :(

yafayu

May 8, 2011
Guys I got my oath letter!!! March 15 at Scarborough office. Here is my timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 2, 2013.

We sent you a notice on February 7, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Oath letter received on March 5 2014 for March 15 2014!!!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yafayu said:
Guys I got my oath letter!!! March 15 at Scarborough office. Here is my timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 2, 2013.

We sent you a notice on February 7, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Oath letter received on March 5 2014 for March 15 2014!!!
Super timeline!!!! Congrats!!!

yafayu

May 8, 2011
updated on ecas today

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 2, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on February 7, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on March 3, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

nguyentu2001 said:
Super timeline!!!! Congrats!!!

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yafayu said:
updated on ecas today

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 2, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on February 7, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on March 3, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.
Congratulations! Both my wife and I took the test same time as you (11:45am, Feb 21, 2014 at Scarborough Town Center).

In my case, the officer said I had a lot of absences that were not declared in my application (but that was because those absences were < 24 hours each and they didn't have to be declared). I originally came to Canada in 2001 to study engineering, graduated, and I've been working here since then. So, I've been here for 13 YEARS!!!

I travel internationally quite a bit (go home to see my parents, family etc) but come on, I studied here and I've been working full-time since I graduated (with a small period of unemployment).

I studied here, then got work permit upon graduation, then got PR, and last year applied for citizenship. So, I thought our case would be pretty straight-forward. But then the CIC officer said, she'd just take a photocopy of our passport and check our travel history details in her officer later on.

So, that made me feel like she was suspicious of something! I offered to show t4, notice of assessment since I've been working but she said, she'd send me a letter if she wants any more documents. So, I don't know.

If you got your letter on March 3, then I probably should get a letter within a week or so too. If I don't, I'd start preparing documents for RQ.

Congratulations again yafayu !

yafayu

May 8, 2011
Best wish to you and your family Chrysss. I have very similar background like you. I came here to study in 2001 when I was 16, finished school and got work permit, applied PR and now citizenship. I hope you will get your oath letter very soon!! update us please ;D ;D

Chrysss said:
Congratulations! Both my wife and I took the test same time as you (11:45am, Feb 21, 2014 at Scarborough Town Center).

In my case, the officer said I had a lot of absences that were not declared in my application (but that was because those absences were < 24 hours each and they didn't have to be declared). I originally came to Canada in 2001 to study engineering, graduated, and I've been working here since then. So, I've been here for 13 YEARS!!!

I travel internationally quite a bit (go home to see my parents, family etc) but come on, I studied here and I've been working full-time since I graduated (with a small period of unemployment).

I studied here, then got work permit upon graduation, then got PR, and last year applied for citizenship. So, I thought our case would be pretty straight-forward. But then the CIC officer said, she'd just take a photocopy of our passport and check our travel history details in her officer later on.

So, that made me feel like she was suspicious of something! I offered to show t4, notice of assessment since I've been working but she said, she'd send me a letter if she wants any more documents. So, I don't know.

If you got your letter on March 3, then I probably should get a letter within a week or so too. If I don't, I'd start preparing documents for RQ.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chrysss said:

Hope you don't get RQ.
Please keep us posted on your case.

muti

May 28, 2013
Hi guys,

Here is my timeline from Mississauga,ON office.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 25, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 25, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on May 21, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on January 28, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.You became a Canadian citizen on February 28, 2014.

anish_s

Jan 20, 2010
What? No Oath :-X
congrats! non theless

muti said:
Hi guys,

Here is my timeline from Mississauga,ON office.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 25, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 25, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on May 21, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on January 28, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.You became a Canadian citizen on February 28, 2014.

Purrple

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now that we are into March - this might come in handy!! Good luck folks :)

Member Test/interview Oath Location
(2014)
Babygirl1310 Jan 15 - Hamilton, ON
Nguyentu2001 Jan 21 - Vancouver, ON
Vinaypuri Jan 22 - Scarborough, ON
Nnlhb Feb -
Amry83 Feb 3 - Windsor, ON
Krish ram Feb 3 - Halifax, NS
Jabuela Feb 5 - Scarborough, ON
Amy.rahman.123 Feb 5 - Montreal, QC
ikea17 Feb 6 March 12 Windsor, ON
Wayne_vega Feb 6 - Mississauga, ON
Citzcan Feb 7 - Winnipeg, MB
Bdutta Feb 10 - St Clair
Nara Feb 10 - Scarborough, ON
raids865 Feb 11 March 10 Surrey, BC
Chrysss’s friend! Feb 11 March 7 Scarborough, ON
Radnypandy Feb 11 March 11 Scarborough, ON
Canacit Feb 11 - Ottawa, ON
Toronto60 Feb 13 - St Clair
Cadbury74 Feb 13 - Ottawa, ON
anish_s Feb 13 - Montreal, QC
Balajir’s wife Feb 18 - Scarborough, ON
Chrysss Feb 21 -
QAI Feb 21 -
Yafayu Feb 21 March 15 Scarborough, ON
Muti Feb 24 Feb 28 Mississauga, ON
Purrple Feb 24 - Windsor, ON
Bravepeople Feb 24 - St Clair
Balajir Feb 24 - St Clair
Donizinho Feb 28 - Montreal, QC

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Purrple said:

(2014)
Nnlhb Feb -
Citzcan Feb 7 - Winnipeg, MB
Bdutta Feb 10 - St Clair
Nara Feb 10 - Scarborough, ON
raids865 Feb 11 March 10 Surrey, BC
Chrysss's friend! Feb 11 March 7 Scarborough, ON
Radnypandy Feb 11 March 11 Scarborough, ON
Canacit Feb 11 - Ottawa, ON
Toronto60 Feb 13 - St Clair
Cadbury74 Feb 13 - Ottawa, ON
anish_s Feb 13 - Montreal, QC
Balajir's wife Feb 18 - Scarborough, ON
Chrysss Feb 21 -
QAI Feb 21 -
Yafayu Feb 21 March 15 Scarborough, ON
Muti Feb 24 Feb 28 Mississauga, ON
Purrple Feb 24 - Windsor, ON
Bravepeople Feb 24 - St Clair
Balajir Feb 24 - St Clair
Donizinho Feb 28 - Montreal, QC

Wow impressive!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much for doing this.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also add

nguyentu's wife; Test and interview: Feb 19, 2014
Waiting for oath/ No RQ

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
No letter or ecas update.

Since people are getting oath letters left and right all across the forum and mail delivery being inconsistent lately in my neighbourhood, I decided to give CIC a call for the first time ever.
After being on hold for 10 minutes, an agent answered and sounded very professional (meaning he knew what he was doing). He put me on hold for a few minutes after verifying my identity and came back with a congratulatory phrase regarding having passed the test (which I knew already, right?). He also said that he didn't see anything else on my file, that it's on queue for the oath ceremony.

Well, at least he didn't say there's an RQ your way.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Purrple said:

(2014)
Nnlhb Feb -