+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2014 test & interview passers

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
News related to Scarborough Town Center office --

Not me but my "friend" took test in Scarborough Town Center on Feb 11, 2014 morning.
He has been scheduled for oath on March 7, 2014.

So, looks like STC Feb test takers are starting to receive oath invitations now.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chrysss said:

Not me but my "friend" took test in Scarborough Town Center on Feb 11, 2014 morning.

So, looks like STC Feb test takers are starting to receive oath invitations now.
What is your time line Chrysss? I took test(20/20) at Scar on Jan 22, still waiting.

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Chrysss

I took my test on the same day of your friend at Scarborough TC o in the morning 8.15 batch.
Looks for the last 2 weeks Scarborough CIC never issued any Oath letters. This news is very encouraging.
Do you know whether your friend got any RQ before or not ?

Randy

Chrysss said:

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy said:
Hi Chrysss

I took my test on the same day of your friend at Scarborough TC o in the morning 8.15 batch.
Looks for the last 2 weeks Scarborough CIC never issued any Oath letters. This news is very encouraging.
Do you know whether your friend got any RQ before or not ?

Randy
Yes - he (my friend) had RQ before test.
He applied in May 2013.
Got RQ in Sep 2013.
Submitted RQ in Oct 2013.
Test on Feb 11, 2014.
Oath is on Mar 7, 2014.

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Chryss for sharing that info.

That was very encouraging and my time line fully matches with your friend with submission and RQ and interview dates.

I am hoping my letter will show up soon. Do you know when he got the Oath notification mail ?

thanks
Randy

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy said:
Thanks Chryss for sharing that info.

That was very encouraging and my time line fully matches with your friend with submission and RQ and interview dates.

I am hoping my letter will show up soon. Do you know when he got the Oath notification mail ?

thanks
Randy
His ECAS was updated yesterday. Letter not received yet.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Took a test Feb, 5 , 2014 at 1:30 pm at Scarborough office and passed the test 20/20 and still aitingfor oath letter

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife's timeline

Scarborough Office:
Applied in Dec 2012
Started Processing Feb 2013
test date Dec 7th, 2013
2nd test date Feb 18th, 2013
waiting for oath

My timeline
Scarborough Office
Applied Oct 2013
Started Processing Jan 12th, 2013
RQ Aug 2013
RQ response submitted Sept 2013

St. Claire Office:
CIT-0521 dated Dec 23rd, 2013
Test date Feb 24th, 2014
Waiting for oath letter

thanks

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the quick reply.

I just checked my E-case and found no update till today. Hope next week i will find some good news.

By the way my application is for entire my family.

Randy

Chrysss said:
His ECAS was updated yesterday. Letter not received yet.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My OWN timelines are as follows:
(for both me and my wife):

-> Applied April 2013 (with 1182 physical presence days, originally came to Canada as student in 2001, graduated, been working since)

-> In Oct 2013, they sent a letter asking for marriage certificate (it was already included in the original application but we sent it again anyway)

-> Got test date for Feb 21, 2014
(both passed 20/20). But test experience was a little worrisome:

The test interviewer had our travel history on hand (CBSA). Let me explain background:
I used to live in Vancouver area, very close to the border and so I had rented a mailbox on US side of the border. I'd order stuff online, get it delivered to mailbox and pick it up. Once a month or so. So, I've a lot of entries/exits.

But these entries/exits were not even 2 hours in total. When I filed for citizenship, it says, trips < 24 hours are not to be included. So, I only listed trips (entries/exits) greater than 24 hours. About 250 days of absence in total. Rest were all day trips (lasting < 2 hours usually). I was unemployed for a period so in that period I traveled (that's why 250 days of absence, declared truthfully).

At the interview, the officer said -- you've declared 12 absences but I have your history here and it shows me a lot more absences.
- I explained that they were day trips for collecting stuff from mailbox etc.

Then she said, looks like you were also unemployed for few months.
- I said yes, and I traveled in that period as you can see in my application.

She said ok, there are lot of people here so I don't have time to go through everything right now. I will look at everything in my office and send you a letter if I need any additional documents.
- I told her, we have brought T4s, Notice of Assessments, job letter etc with us. We can show that now if you want.

She said, no, I'll send a letter if I need anything.

She did NOT even open our passport to look at stamps or anything. Just took a photocopy of all pages and said she'll look at it in her office.

Now, I am worried that I might get a post-test RQ. If that happens, I am concerned that it will probably add YEARS to my timeline. Reading different threads, it seems like when people receive RQ post-test, it takes much much much longer to process your application.

As such I have been in Canada since 2001. Went to school. Graduated. Been working since then! At heart, I have assimilated and think of myself as Canadian.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you call CIC and asked if any notes are in your file?

Chrysss said:
My OWN timelines are as follows:
(for both me and my wife):

-> Applied April 2013 (with 1182 physical presence days, originally came to Canada as student in 2001, graduated, been working since)

-> In Oct 2013, they sent a letter asking for marriage certificate (it was already included in the original application but we sent it again anyway)

-> Got test date for Feb 21, 2014
(both passed 20/20). But test experience was a little worrisome:

The test interviewer had our travel history on hand (CBSA). Let me explain background:
I used to live in Vancouver area, very close to the border and so I had rented a mailbox on US side of the border. I'd order stuff online, get it delivered to mailbox and pick it up. Once a month or so. So, I've a lot of entries/exits.

But these entries/exits were not even 2 hours in total. When I filed for citizenship, it says, trips < 24 hours are not to be included. So, I only listed trips (entries/exits) greater than 24 hours. About 250 days of absence in total. Rest were all day trips (lasting < 2 hours usually). I was unemployed for a period so in that period I traveled (that's why 250 days of absence, declared truthfully).

At the interview, the officer said -- you've declared 12 absences but I have your history here and it shows me a lot more absences.
- I explained that they were day trips for collecting stuff from mailbox etc.

Then she said, looks like you were also unemployed for few months.
- I said yes, and I traveled in that period as you can see in my application.

She said ok, there are lot of people here so I don't have time to go through everything right now. I will look at everything in my office and send you a letter if I need any additional documents.
- I told her, we have brought T4s, Notice of Assessments, job letter etc with us. We can show that now if you want.

She said, no, I'll send a letter if I need anything.

She did NOT even open our passport to look at stamps or anything. Just took a photocopy of all pages and said she'll look at it in her office.

Now, I am worried that I might get a post-test RQ. If that happens, I am concerned that it will probably add YEARS to my timeline. Reading different threads, it seems like when people receive RQ post-test, it takes much much much longer to process your application.

As such I have been in Canada since 2001. Went to school. Graduated. Been working since then! At heart, I have assimilated and think of myself as Canadian.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
Did you call CIC and asked if any notes are in your file?
No. Given that there are so many reports of different agents answering differently, I don't think they can answer any questions like that. Also, I think to get notes, you have to file ATIP request.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chrysss said:
No. Given that there are so many reports of different agents answering differently, I don't think they can answer any questions like that. Also, I think to get notes, you have to file ATIP request.
Not really, they tell you the details of notes, where it is .. say if they are doing back ground check, they will tell you upfront.