+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

godavari

Oct 30, 2017
I have received following reply from FBI though my packet delivery date is November 6th. Should I wait for my paper based application or I should try for edo online service?? because I live in india Mumbai I have to take finger prints and send the docs again... Its again time senstive. Advise please
We are unable to locate your request at this time.

The current processing time for an FBI Background Check is taking 14-16 weeks to complete from the date the request was received. It can take 14+ weeks for a request to clear our security process, so we are not able to see the request in our system until then.

At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately November 6, 2017. We are unable to verify the delivery of a package until it is opened. If you submitted your request by courier (Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS), please view their web site to verify delivery.
I have checked that option in USPS
It got delivered
Delivered:
CLARKSBURG, WV 26306 on November 6, 2017 at 9:41 am

Should i send email again to FBI PCC for status..

saherkar

Oct 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I got following email for edo application
"Your Identity History Summary Response is now available for review. This response is available for 90 days"
where I can review it?
After submitting eDO, you get confirmation email with link and PIN. Follow that link to check the status.

Reactions: 8494193

I have received following reply from FBI though my packet delivery date is November 6th. Should I wait for my paper based application or I should try for edo online service?? because I live in india Mumbai I have to take finger prints and send the docs again... Its again time senstive. Advise please
We are unable to locate your request at this time.

The current processing time for an FBI Background Check is taking 14-16 weeks to complete from the date the request was received. It can take 14+ weeks for a request to clear our security process, so we are not able to see the request in our system until then.

At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately November 6, 2017. We are unable to verify the delivery of a package until it is opened. If you submitted your request by courier (Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS), please view their web site to verify delivery.
You should probably wait since they are at your date already. Plus, eDO is now 5 business day processing, so you may not gain much in terms of speed if you applied via eDO now.

Reactions: godavari

saherkar

Oct 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Sharing my story as it may help others:
I had submitted my paper application for FBI PCC on 30th Nov 2017 & I was still waiting for response when they opened eDO process. By the current processing time for paper application, I would have received it probably by Mar end; So I thought to apply for eDO. I submitted my eDO order as well; but before taking my fingerprints again and mailing them to FBI again, I thought to call FBI at 304-625-5590 and check with them if they can use my same fingerprints (that I submitted earlier) for eDO. They said they can do that and accordingly asked me to email my eDO confirmation along with name, address and courier tracking number for paper application. I sent all those details at identity@fbi.gov on 12th Feb & today I have received my PCC.

VSK491

Jul 8, 2017
Today I got my PCC via online. I see that everything is black and white, even the symbol. i have opted for mail as well which might take 3 weeks. Has anyone compared both. is there a difference since IRCC has said it should be colour scanned.

godavari

Oct 30, 2017
Sharing my story as it may help others:
I had submitted my paper application for FBI PCC on 30th Nov 2017 & I was still waiting for response when they opened eDO process. By the current processing time for paper application, I would have received it probably by Mar end; So I thought to apply for eDO. I submitted my eDO order as well; but before taking my fingerprints again and mailing them to FBI again, I thought to call FBI at 304-625-5590 and check with them if they can use my same fingerprints (that I submitted earlier) for eDO. They said they can do that and accordingly asked me to email my eDO confirmation along with name, address and courier tracking number for paper application. I sent all those details at identity@fbi.gov on 12th Feb & today I have received my PCC.
thats interesting because in frequently asked questions they clearly mentioned they do not accept previous copies. but may be its case to case and of course your application was not opened yet.

godavari

Oct 30, 2017
You should probably wait since they are at your date already. Plus, eDO is now 5 business day processing, so you may not gain much in terms of speed if you applied via eDO now.
Thank you. I will send an email again this time along with USPS tracking number .

saherkar

Oct 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
thats interesting because in frequently asked questions they clearly mentioned they do not accept previous copies. but may be its case to case and of course your application was not opened yet.
They have updated their website as well now:
Option to Resubmit via eDO

If you submitted an Identity History Summary request on or after November 1, 2017 via trackable mail only, you have the option to resubmit the request electronically via eDO.
  • Visit https://www.edo.cjis.gov and submit your application and payment.
  • Forward your eDO confirmation e-mail to identity@fbi.gov and include the following mandatory information in your e-mail: mailing address, telephone number, name of carrier service (i.e., FedEx, USPS, DHL, UPS, etc.), and the carrier tracking number for your original request.
  • Upon receipt of your e-mail, we will locate your original request and use your previously submitted fingerprint card to process your electronic request.
  • Note: You will only be charged for your eDO request. If you submitted a certified check or money order with your original request, it will be returned to the payer via U.S. Postal Service First-Class Mail. If you submitted credit card information, it will be securely destroyed.

godavari

Oct 30, 2017
They have updated their website as well now:
Option to Resubmit via eDO

If you submitted an Identity History Summary request on or after November 1, 2017 via trackable mail only, you have the option to resubmit the request electronically via eDO.
  • Visit https://www.edo.cjis.gov and submit your application and payment.
  • Forward your eDO confirmation e-mail to identity@fbi.gov and include the following mandatory information in your e-mail: mailing address, telephone number, name of carrier service (i.e., FedEx, USPS, DHL, UPS, etc.), and the carrier tracking number for your original request.
  • Upon receipt of your e-mail, we will locate your original request and use your previously submitted fingerprint card to process your electronic request.
  • Note: You will only be charged for your eDO request. If you submitted a certified check or money order with your original request, it will be returned to the payer via U.S. Postal Service First-Class Mail. If you submitted credit card information, it will be securely destroyed.
THank you so much for this valuable information. I have sent my packet and it got delivered on 6th November 2017. So I need not to send another finger prints now. All i need to do is filling application on eDO and forward that to identity@fbi.gov ..... Am i correct...

tbn2k18

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
If using the eDO system the below highlighted in Bold is most important. If you forget to mention that then the package goes into normal processing and not eDO.

Address for eDO processing

FBI CJIS Division
ATTN: ELECTRONIC SUMMARY REQUEST
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306

Documents required: Copy of confirmation mail and FD-258 card (physical copies). Processing within 2 to 5 days after receipt.

Address for the Normal processing 14 to 16 weeks process

FBI CJIS Division – Summary Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306

Documents required: Application form, FD-258 card, Payment authorization or money order or certified check (Physical copies). Processing within 14 to 16 weeks after receipt.

All the best

saherkar

Oct 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
THank you so much for this valuable information. I have sent my packet and it got delivered on 6th November 2017. So I need not to send another finger prints now. All i need to do is filling application on eDO and forward that to identity@fbi.gov ..... Am i correct...
I think they are currently processing application for 1st week of Nov and your may have been already processed. So I would waiting for a week or so as you may get response soon.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Today I got my PCC via online. I see that everything is black and white, even the symbol. i have opted for mail as well which might take 3 weeks. Has anyone compared both. is there a difference since IRCC has said it should be colour scanned.
Fbi logo should be in colour I guess and also the signature by official at right bottom