+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
Sorry for a naive question:

Isn't it that people without green cards could only use the paper ink option while sending fingerprints to FBI? Has this policy changed? Can someone on H1B/F1 send fingerprints electronically now?

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Sorry for a naive question:

Isn't it that people without green cards could only use the paper ink option while sending fingerprints to FBI? Has this policy changed? Can someone on H1B/F1 send fingerprints electronically now?
There is a misunderstanding that the whole process has changed to an electronic one. Even though it says electronic processing, you still have to mail them your fingerprints with your confirmation email.

Once you have submitted your email address, you receive a link to access the application with a PIN. Upon entering the PIN in the space provided, the site takes you to the actual application similar to the one which was being mailed. Once the application is filled in, we have to make a payment for the application. A confirmation email will be sent to you with an order number and payment verification code. The next step is to mail your prints along with the confirmation email.

Reactions: thisworks
May 4, 2017
Hi All,

We had applied for an Electronic PCC for myself and my spouse through FBI on the 5th of Feb 2018. Mailed it via FEDEX on the 6th of Feb 2018. The mail was delivered on the 7th of Feb 2018. Today at 1:30 pm EST I happen to receive my final confirmation report over the email. Hard copy yet to come via regular postal service. That was fantabulous. My report reads as follows:

A SEARCH OF THE FINGERPRINTS PROVIDED BY
THIS INDIVIDUAL HAS REVEALED NO PRIOR
ARREST DATA AT THE FBI.
THIS DOES NOT
PRECLUDE FURTHER CRIMINAL HISTORY AT THE
STATE OR LOCAL LEVEL.

Can anyone please tell me if I also need to get my State Level FBI Clearance done?

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,

We had applied for an Electronic PCC for myself and my spouse through FBI on the 5th of Feb 2018. Mailed it via FEDEX on the 6th of Feb 2018. The mail was delivered on the 7th of Feb 2018. Today at 1:30 pm EST I happen to receive my final confirmation report over the email. Hard copy yet to come via regular postal service. That was fantabulous. My report reads as follows:

ARREST DATA AT THE FBI.
THIS DOES NOT
STATE OR LOCAL LEVEL.

Can anyone please tell me if I also need to get my State Level FBI Clearance done?

There is no such thing as State Level FBI Clearance. Per CIC you need to get your US PCC from FBI.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-states.html

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
There is a misunderstanding that the whole process has changed to an electronic one. Even though it says electronic processing, you still have to mail them your fingerprints with your confirmation email.

Once you have submitted your email address, you receive a link to access the application with a PIN. Upon entering the PIN in the space provided, the site takes you to the actual application similar to the one which was being mailed. Once the application is filled in, we have to make a payment for the application. A confirmation email will be sent to you with an order number and payment verification code. The next step is to mail your prints along with the confirmation email.
Thank you, understood.

So you still have to take fingerprints via ink and paper, and you still have to wait 16 weeks right?

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you, understood.

So you still have to take fingerprints via ink and paper, and you still have to wait 16 weeks right?
You can get the fingerprints taken with ink or via live scan. Then mail them out. As per edo.cjis.gov, they expect to complete the processing of an electronic application request within 48 hours of receiving the fingerprints.

Reactions: thisworks

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
You can get the fingerprints taken with ink or via live scan. Then mail them out. As per edo.cjis.gov, they expect to complete the processing of an electronic application request within 48 hours of receiving the fingerprints.
Ah now I see why this is an improvement. so we're talking only a few days here rather than 16 weeks.

WAT876

Star Member
Jan 27, 2018
Hi All,

ARREST DATA AT THE FBI.
THIS DOES NOT
STATE OR LOCAL LEVEL.

Hopefully some one who used the old system can confirm.

aiyosami

Jun 19, 2017
Hi All,

ARREST DATA AT THE FBI.
THIS DOES NOT
STATE OR LOCAL LEVEL.

CIC doesn’t require a state pcc. You are good.