+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

maanharvir

Feb 4, 2017
Thanks , and one more question:
I am a resident of US , traveled to India on a vacation on July 18th. I received ITA on Aug 08th.
I have received my Indian and FBI PCC on Sep 1st at my US address while I am in India.
Now I am planning to submit my application from India as I am planning to stay here until Dec.

Following are the guidelines from CIC:
If your country of residency is USA, then:
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
If other countries where you have lived:
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.

Following are my concerns:
1) FBI PCC - Since I am a resident of US (I have my driving licence and bank statements there). First rule applies for my US PCC and I should be good as my PCC is issued in less than 6 months.

2)Indian PCC - I received my Indian PCC from Indian embassy in SFO. Here Second rule applies , and I think I am good because I got my PCC on Sep 1st which is after my last visit to my home country which is July 18th. The rule states "police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country" , but since I am still living in India on Vacation I think my PCC is valid.

Pls advice if there is any risk of my PCC rejection in this scenario?

Did u got answer for this I am also going to be in same situation as i am travelling to India in mid sep

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Thanks , and one more question:
I am a resident of US , traveled to India on a vacation on July 18th. I received ITA on Aug 08th.
I have received my Indian and FBI PCC on Sep 1st at my US address while I am in India.
Now I am planning to submit my application from India as I am planning to stay here until Dec.

Following are the guidelines from CIC:
If your country of residency is USA, then:
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
If other countries where you have lived:
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.

Following are my concerns:
1) FBI PCC - Since I am a resident of US (I have my driving licence and bank statements there). First rule applies for my US PCC and I should be good as my PCC is issued in less than 6 months.

2)Indian PCC - I received my Indian PCC from Indian embassy in SFO. Here Second rule applies , and I think I am good because I got my PCC on Sep 1st which is after my last visit to my home country which is July 18th. The rule states "police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country" , but since I am still living in India on Vacation I think my PCC is valid.

Pls advice if there is any risk of my PCC rejection in this scenario?
Well given that you are a PR, you have no worries. You can go through a channeler and your new certificate would be ready in a few short days.

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Any idea which applications are being processed?
it was long wkend there. I dont think they were processing any. they will start again on tuesday.

ultimateenergy

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hey everyone, I called today. They said that its a holiday in US so nobody is working. They will restart tomorrow. Hang on there!

Confused2017

Mar 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Nomination.....
11-10-2017
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Med's Done....
8-12-2017
Guys finally after 110 days of excruciating wait I got my pcc :cool: my timeline below
FBI received- 17th May
Card charged- 1st Aug
Sent- 9th Aug
Received- 4th Sep
Country of delivery- Bangalore India

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Delivered on June 26, card charged today. Well, for one of our two applications. Presumably the second should come through any time now too. I checked earlier this morning and neither had shown up.

Reactions: JacJ2017

sidharths84

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Hi Friends,

I am currently residing in NewJersey, US (on H1b) and in the process of creating a Express entry profile. I do have the following questions regarding the FBI PCC process.
1. Is there any specific Police department that would take care of the Fingerprinting process. Or Can I walk into any Police station / Sheriff office and request for Fingerprinting.
2. Do the Police send the Fingerprints to the FBI or I need to mail it to FBI address.
3. Since I am on H1B (non immigrant), I might not be able to move through the channeler or 3rd party Agency . Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Hi Friends,

I am currently residing in NewJersey, US (on H1b) and in the process of creating a Express entry profile. I do have the following questions regarding the FBI PCC process.
1. Is there any specific Police department that would take care of the Fingerprinting process. Or Can I walk into any Police station / Sheriff office and request for Fingerprinting.
2. Do the Police send the Fingerprints to the FBI or I need to mail it to FBI address.
3. Since I am on H1B (non immigrant), I might not be able to move through the channeler or 3rd party Agency . Please confirm if my understanding is correct.
1. Check the website or call the police department that serves your area. My city's website has a section about fingerprinting with the cost and how to arrange an appointment.
2. You'll send in the fingerprints with the FBI form and payment.
3. Only citizens and permanent residents can use channelers/3rd parties so you'll need to use the typical FBI route.

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
Total 106 days, and it almost cost me my ITA!

Sent by mail - 5/22
FBI received- 5/25
Postal Notice that payment was missing - 8/22

( ITA was to expire on 8/31 .. so declined ITA on 8/22 )
received another ITA on 8/24 with CRS cutoff = 434 = my points :p

Payment info sent by fax - 8/25
Card charged- 8/29
posted from WV : 8/31
Received in NJ - 9/5 ( long weekend )

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Has anyone had a chance to call today to find out the FBI's progress? I'm in meetings all day so I can't really get out to try to call them... :(